Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Florida (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Lashway Motorsports is expanding! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187627)

Erik@lashway 12-12-2011 10:06 AM

Lashway Motorsports is expanding!

Hey everyone - this past year has been great for us on many levels. We decided that it was time to expand the shop to accommodate the increase in work that we are seeing, as well as to accommodate our various services we offer.

We're in the process now of moving our offices, expanding the custom lounge, and install more lifts. We're also thinking about acquiring a mandrel bender, CNC plasma cutter, and other goodies!

Thank you to everyone who supports us! ;)

Erik@Lashway

jcamere94z28 12-12-2011 10:28 AM

Awesome news!!! Glad to see local business doing well! Keep in mind that if you need great photos of the new place I can set you guys up with some good interior photography. ;)

Erik@lashway 12-12-2011 11:11 AM

Will do thanks

brantley847 12-12-2011 08:32 PM

...we want you in Orlando

fldrummer 12-12-2011 09:37 PM

'Caught a sneak peak the other day when I stopped by. I didn't even know what I was in for until I saw the wall cut out and Kris detailing a car in the new space. Right then I put 2 & 2 together and figured it out. It's going to be nice! Heck, I was even bored enough to help put together 2 of Kris' new office chairs. I had to tease him about getting white leather though--those will be black within a week or two. LOL

Erik@lashway 12-12-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 4155830)

How's the demand for work there? Perhaps we can open a second location...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDragonSS (Post 4156134)
Where are you heading too?

Same location, just took another large bay and opened up a nice walkway through the wall which we framed out. Looks killer...

We're relocation our offices, adding fresh paint, and about $100,000 worth of new equipment and machinery is all goes well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 4156236)
'Caught a sneak peak the other day when I stopped by. I didn't even know what I was in for until I saw the wall cut out and Kris detailing a car in the new space. Right then I put 2 & 2 together and figured it out. It's going to be nice! Heck, I was even bored enough to help put together 2 of Kris' new office chairs. I had to tease him about getting white leather though--those will be black within a week or two. LOL

Thanks for your help John!

I agree, white chairs!?!?!:facepalm:

fldrummer 12-12-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@lashway (Post 4156410)

Thanks for your help John!

I agree, white chairs!?!?!:facepalm:

Yeah, he said you guys were the "dirty" ones, so he thinks they won't get dirty if it's just him sitting in them; haha. Plus, they were only $60/pop, so I guess he won't be batting an eye if one gets ruined and he has to replace it. :rolleyes:

brantley847 12-13-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@lashway (Post 4156410)
How's the demand for work there? Perhaps we can open a second location...

Large Camaro club in Orlando retains about 25+ 5th gens and there are many more members on this website who are not apart of that club... Obviously, mustangs and challengers as well

Tampa maintains their own market, but I believe everything in Orlando and east all the way to Daytona is wide open market.... we have one or two shops and they don't have the LS experience you guys have.

Only two people have their hands in the GM vehicles.

-NLP has some LS exp w/ dyno - but customer service and pricing is absurd. A year ago I was willing to do an LS3 conversion with them, a year ago I contacted them. Still have not responded. Now I am married, and cannot afford the conversion until after tax time. I directly blame NLP for allowing me to get married. If I had done the conversion, I may still be single... I may still be having fun. lol

-Xplosive performance - great customer service and pricing, but difficult to schedule with only because they are a small operation and no dyno.

...needless to say 100 miles North and South - and east to the Beach is free game right now.

SlingShot 12-13-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 4155830)

In need of a good shop in Pinellas County also.

brantley847 12-13-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 4157683)
In need of a good shop in Pinellas County also.

lol, ok so maybe Tampa isn't held down...

So you have free reign over central FL and probably up past Ocala.

Erik@lashway 12-14-2011 07:45 AM

Thanks for the info guys...sounds like I may want to look into it. Only thing about moving a shop is buying a whole new set of tools, a dyno, etcetc.

It's a large investment.

Erik@Lashway

Erik@lashway 12-14-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 4156570)
Yeah, he said you guys were the "dirty" ones, so he thinks they won't get dirty if it's just him sitting in them; haha. Plus, they were only $60/pop, so I guess he won't be batting an eye if one gets ruined and he has to replace it. :rolleyes:

We're the dirty ones? It doesn't matter man, you work in a shop you're bound to get dirty lol....

We'll see!