Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Camaro in a Freak Hailstorm! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27602)

DkknightX 06-15-2009 05:02 PM

My Camaro in a Freak Hailstorm!

No sooner did I take my car for a ride today, got home, parked it in the street in front of my house and all of a sudden, the heavens open up and almost completely submerge my car. This video has to be seen to be believed! My Cobalt and Camaro were just about swallowed up by nasty pellets of ice. Hope it didn't destroy my paint job! Mind you that the day started out in the 80's and humid and then got dark and hit the 40's. Winter weather in the middle of Spring. Gotta love it. :(

jm88 06-15-2009 05:04 PM

What the HELL?! In New Jersey in Summer? You need a garage in the worst way !

NightmareSS 06-15-2009 05:04 PM

omfg...why are you parked on the beach?

NightmareSS 06-15-2009 05:05 PM

you should ran out there and covered it with a comforter or quilt or someshit...i would threw myself over it!!!

GTAHVIT 06-15-2009 05:06 PM

OMG!

That's insane!

Hopefully insurance will take care of it... WOW.

navmaxlp 06-15-2009 05:07 PM

You gotta be freakin kidding me! That blows! Good luck man. I'm going to have to get a cover for it when I get one just to add a little protection for this kind of situation.

five-oh 06-15-2009 05:09 PM

take it back to the dealer, tell them they really messed up on the detailing and you are pissed!!! :upset:

DkknightX 06-15-2009 05:09 PM

Looks like the paint held up just fine. I called OnStar immediately after I could drive it out of the deluge and the systems checked out fine. Love OnStar by the way. I would have put the car in my garage as planned but we're having work done in the basement and all of their tools are in the garage. What's worse is that my damn Ground Effects that the dealership said they have said they backordered now. Can't complete my car. Double-whammy today.

ljustin293 06-15-2009 05:14 PM

wow...
that happened to my truck...they got it fixed up and looking like new again...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19730

SGOS252382 06-15-2009 05:14 PM

Email that video in to the weather channel.

I would have done.
1. Move the car from the area with the deep water.
2. Throw some thick blankets over the hood, roof, and trunk.

The thick blankets will really help if the hail isn't crazy big.

You can buy real heavy duty blankets (not made for sleeping) that you can quickly cover your car if it starts to hail.

69 Hugger 06-15-2009 05:22 PM

I'd of been freakin, whether is so unpredictable in the summer, blanket or a nice car cover if the baby has roofus over it. Hope it wasn't hurt, sounded brutal.

DkknightX 06-15-2009 05:30 PM

I just hosed it off. The paint is actually pretty tough...Much tougher than my Cobalt's and I think the Cobalt is alright as well. Alot of dirt and leaves got caught in the wheels, but I think I got it sterling again. Just made my heart skip a beat, that's all. Figured you guys would be interested in seeing it. This was a once in a life time event. In all 32 years of my life, I've NEVER seen a true hailstorm. I thought it was truly End of Days. :(

StuMac 06-15-2009 05:32 PM

Bet you're not complaining it's heavy now :)

DkknightX 06-15-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuMac (Post 587409)
Bet you're not complaining it's heavy now :)

No way!! Everything happened today while I was driving. People wandering into pizzaria's looking for the owner of my car....police flagging me down to look inside...This car is a phenom and so was the weather today. Absolutely incredible!