Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   First scratch. THIS BLOWS. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43253)

a_Username 09-19-2009 12:03 AM

First scratch. THIS BLOWS.

Got my first scratch on my car :mad0260: Opened the driver's door and hit a wheelbarrow that not only chipped a little paint of on my door, but also there was a saw blade poking out and made a good 2 inch long scratch on the side. Anyone know how I can fill in that scratch? Lol.

Revo1 09-19-2009 12:09 AM

Nooooooo! Dude I'd be losin it :mad0260: :cry: :mad0260: :cry:

68 Z/28 09-19-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_Username (Post 943352)
Got my first scratch on my car :mad0260: Opened the driver's door and hit a wheelbarrow that not only chipped a little paint of on my door, but also there was a saw blade poking out and made a good 2 inch long scratch on the side. Anyone know how I can feel in that scratch? Lol.

:iono: Only thing I can think to fill it would be touch up paint , short of taking it to the body shop for a proper repair :yikes: sorry dude

Rockytophummer 09-19-2009 12:15 AM

Post some pics. That help to know how deep?

ffrcobra_65 09-19-2009 12:16 AM

..sounds like deep scratches...are you seeing primer? If so, you can buy apply touch up paint but the sad part is no matter how good it turns out, you always know they are there and you are going to feel bad every time you see them. I would take it to a pro.

a_Username 09-19-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockytophummer (Post 943386)
Post some pics. That help to know how deep?

I'll have to tomorrow... I've already parked it for the night. We have too many vehicles and not enough garages so I have to park my car at my Gma's. I know the scratch was WHITE when I saw it... guessing that's primer.

dursin 09-19-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_Username (Post 943397)
I'll have to tomorrow... I've already parked it for the night. We have too many vehicles and not enough garages so I have to park my car at my Gma's. I know the scratch was WHITE when I saw it... guessing that's primer.

Not necessarily. Usually when you scratch the clear coat it looks white as well. If it isn't deep, you might be able to polish it out with ScratchX or Quixx.

Camaro68 09-19-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 943368)
Nooooooo! Dude I'd be losin it :mad0260: :cry: :mad0260: :cry:

I agree.....Noooooooo! that would make me crazy :mad0260:

TJ91 09-19-2009 12:58 AM

sucks but where the hell did you park to hit a wheelbarrel?
Hopefully you can polish it off, i too would be very upset, not soo angrry but a little depressed/sad lol
Dont worry man, its all fixable

TahoeCamaro 09-19-2009 06:34 AM

How did you manage this? :iono:
I hope you didn't see the wheelbarrow and then proceed to just open the door into it...:facepalm:
Touch up paint... Not that hard to get. Good luck. :)

80Zedder 09-19-2009 06:34 AM

Well good news for you my son.

If it's white like you said, you havent broken the clearcoat, you CAN buff it out! and you will never notice it.

If you have broken through to the gray primer, no dice, you will have to drive it to my house to have it fixed properly, i take payments in 24's.

MrGazinya 09-19-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80Zedder (Post 943650)
i take payments in 24's.

:laughabove: Nice

Sir Nuke 09-19-2009 09:20 AM

Over the years I have made a simalar fix many times, even on some of my show cars. IF you didn't go through the color coat, as mentioned above, you may be able to just buff it out using something like Meguries Mirror Glaze. IF you actually got through the top coat, well its a little harder but very doable. Get the touch-up paint and and put a light coat on the chip/scratch, then do another, let it completely dry. do this anouth times to build it up using the mutiple coats. once done, and its completely dryed, in as small of an ares as possible, using some VERY fine sandpaper (400 or so) smooth the area to ensure its truely flat. Then use some 800 wet, then use polishing compound, then something like Meguires Mirror Glaze and you won't be able to see anything, if you take your time.

BTW, I put my wheelborrow in my backyard against the house before I got my car, and I sole my seldom used table saw to get it out of the way. :{D