Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Did You Like or Dislike CFest III? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243568)

jesserayjames 08-12-2012 09:32 PM

I hope not to miss it next year................. JRJ

mercedestech 08-12-2012 09:41 PM

My wife and I had a great time! Thanks to all who had a hand in putting this together. The people are what made this event great. I've never been in a group of people that large and not had atleast one person come off as rude or arogant, or otherwise an ass. Not once the entire weekend did we experience anything but a good time, with good people. No attitudes, just a bunch of true car people hanging out and having fun. Can't wait for next year!!!

MS3DALE 08-12-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 5431950)
:word:

Had a blast... Whether you're into the street meet / car show scene or racing it's a very well rounded event. Just pulling up a chair in the parking lot and having a nice conversation with other like minded enthusiasts is simply the best. Not many events do you get over 1000 cars of the same Make/Model and Generation.

What it is not, is an event run by huge promoters and people with lots of experience putting this sort of thing together. But then 99% of the folks attending are not professional racers or car show people either... Both of these facts can make for some unique bumps in the road... I don't know how it all works, but it just does.

We had a discussion about how friendly everyone was and how easy it is to just say hi and strike up a conversation, because we all have a common interest and were all there just to have fun. Even if something didn't go perfect it pretty much got a pass with the understanding that it would improve as the fest matures.

The sponsors may or may not have made a killing at the event, but I'm quite sure they had a good time too and will benefit as folks go home and purchase new products. Do remember the guys who support your event...

And last but not least, thanks to the mods who work this thing all year long...:clap:

That sums it up pretty nicely mlee!

Toasty 08-12-2012 09:49 PM

We had a good time, for sure. Only suggestion, is to have a sign board/announcement board at the host hotel with locations for particular events, etc (some in our group didnt even know about the C5FIII T-shirt sales)

CamaroKid300 08-12-2012 09:51 PM

Love.

/Thread

The_Stache 08-12-2012 09:58 PM

To sum it up in a few words...

I had a blast...

To make it long winded...

I would just quote SSE 4 2SS (btw it was great to meet you this time around!)

charwen4RS 08-12-2012 10:03 PM

I also made the 1700 mile round trip with Earthshaker and the Camaro South Jacksonville crew! This was my first Camaro5Fest and had a great time. I wish I could have stayed for Saturday, as I had originally planned. It was great seeing so many Camaros all together! I will definitely plan to go next year, depending on the location, of course!

Bad@ssCamaro 08-12-2012 10:08 PM

My favorite time was meeting you, PQ, Pedders Pete, Danny Popp and the thrill ride in the L28:happyanim:, Mlee, Attitude, seeing Ofer swapping out a dashboard, Kyle.Gilmour(wish I could of got a ride on the golf cart...maybe next year) Ruby, Mindz....there was so much more I didn't get to experience because I limited myself as well because of lacking a horse in the race but maybe next year I will. Friday night Parking lot was the best...I was up til 4:30 in the am. (Boy was it rough getting up for Saturday :barf:)

Oh.. and I have to add the Chicago Camaro caravan down to Indy and met some nice people and hung out with some people Friday and Saturday night from Indiana... Good People :happyanim:.

I have a deep respect for all the Mods and forum members that put this effort forth for the community and a big thank you for what you have done. :clap::clap::clap: :bow::bow::bow:

On a funny note, I was hoping to run into aSSian, and at the Tehas friday night tent at some point, there was a dude that looked like him to me from a photo I had seen of him and I asked him if he was aSSian and he said "No, I'm mexican...." LOL

Z4me 08-12-2012 10:19 PM

I had a great time at the Fest, and I really appreciate all the effort that was contributed to every one involved. This includes all the vendors who had set up at the event. I had some installs done at Oracle and due to seeing some other vendor's at the show, I have my installer starting on my mods.
My wife told me during the show that she had never seen me so happy with a big smile on my face. This was our first camarofest and although at times my wife was a bit bored, she was a real trooper during the whole time.

Depending on where the camarofest is located next year, we hope and plan on attending.

khislop007 08-12-2012 10:21 PM

My first fest and had a blast. Looking forward to next year!

compudiva 08-12-2012 10:24 PM

This was my first CSF and hopefully not my last. I truly enjoyed myself. Everyone I met was nice and helpful. Looking forward to next year!!

RubyCamaro 08-12-2012 10:25 PM

neither. I freaking loved it! :happyanim: The weather was awful but no one can control that. If the weather had cooperated I might have had difficulty containing myself. I do hope it is not in late June or early Aug next time. :chevy:

compudiva 08-12-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4me (Post 5432464)
I had a great time at the Fest, and I really appreciate all the effort that was contributed to every one involved. This includes all the vendors who had set up at the event. I had some installs done at Oracle and due to seeing some other vendor's at the show, I have my installer starting on my mods.
My wife told me during the show that she had never seen me so happy with a big smile on my face. This was our camarofest and although at times my wife was a bit bored, she was a real trooper the whole time.

Depending on where the camarofest is located next year, we hope and plan on attending.

Z4ME, who does your installs here in Maryland?

stlrammer 08-12-2012 10:33 PM

It was my first Fest and I loved it! Plan on attending future fests too. The hotel gathering was as much fun as the track. Well alsmost. :sm0:

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/...5FestIII53.jpg