Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   1st & 2nd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   should I buy this?????? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3384)

The Shallot 03-26-2008 11:32 AM

should I buy this??????

Guys.... should I buy this thing??? http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/car/615234069.html

Oh.... and hello! :wave:

Im poor. I would be using this as a second car. AM I getting myself into a big financial mess??? :iono:

SilverTurtle 03-26-2008 11:46 AM

for $800, you almost can't go wrong... but the fact that he doesn't have a title for the car is a pain... might be able to get him to go lower because of that... but research that VIN first... dont want to be buying a stolen car.

The Shallot 03-26-2008 12:03 PM

Well.... what about the muffler thing? I live in an apartment and I cant fix squat. Is that expensive? He has parts, but I dont know what they mean. :iono: He said he will sell it for $500 because it will cost ME an extra $200 for the plates and stuff. Heck I dont even know what kind of engine it has! lol! :bonk:

Sterling 03-26-2008 12:05 PM

Sounds like a pretty fair deal. As long as you still have the money to fix it up.

The Shallot 03-26-2008 12:22 PM

Oh.... just found out its a 5.0 :w00t:

IS there routine problems with that kind of engine/trans and year?

CamaroSpike23 03-27-2008 02:02 PM

you need to get a title before anything. if you have to, take the guy to the dmv or just have them run the vin to find out who the car actually belongs to. without a title, you cant register it. without registration, you are driving illegally.

09'Z28 03-27-2008 06:35 PM

suprised no one has mentioned this yet but:wrongforum:, like turtle said you should run the VIN before you get it to make sure its legit, if i could i would get it:D

ihc95 03-27-2008 08:05 PM

Nock another $100 off and you got a great buy! BIG POTENCIAL!!!! :thumbup:

TAG UR IT 03-28-2008 12:06 AM

Yeah...you need that title. How do you know if it wasn't stolen?? Sure, it might not be "stolen" when you buy it....but a week or two later getting pulled out at gunpoint? Uh oh...

SilverTurtle 03-28-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shallot (Post 55934)
Oh.... just found out its a 5.0 :w00t:

IS there routine problems with that kind of engine/trans and year?

in 1991, there were 2 305cid (5.0L) engines offerd in the RS: the TBI unit that is more common and probably what this car is... and the TPI engine that was less common, but there is a chance that this car has it... if its a TPI engine, you need to get this car ASAP... they're good performers wtih alot of potential... the way you can tell the difference is by looking under the hood... if the top of the engine is round and black, its a TBI car... if its silver and kind of rectangular looking, then its the TPI and that is the preferred engine.

both of the engines were pretty bulletproof by the time the '91 model year rolled around... any GM transmission from that era is going to be medium quality, with emphasis on longevity, rather than initial quality.

you are a title away from a great deal... as mentioned before, offer to pay for the trip to the dmv and get that VIN run... other than that, the car has epic potential, as evidenced by what Sinister's car looks like.

good luck!

driftwood 03-31-2008 03:35 PM

hey this is my first chat. im in the process of rebuilding my 68. . .ground up. ive had it three years. but just saved up the money. i want the 69 lower front with the round fog lights. would you paint the original also and store it, just in case i was ever made a offer that couldnt be refused?

driftwood 03-31-2008 03:45 PM

anyone done a drum to disk conversion??

anyone ever done a front drum to disk conversion.? npd is telling me the barcket that holds the caliber goes inside the caliber,and they maybe right but if so i dont understand. anyone know this?

OverAnxious 03-31-2008 08:43 PM

:(
Quote:

This posting has expired.
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

DeanForDWin 09-08-2010 12:05 AM

Hello, am new here and did not want to start a thread and I think this is an appropriate thread for my query. I have this 1981 Camaro Restoration Project going on where my 1981 Camaro is just a chassis and a rusted body.

Anyways, I had some fundamental electronics work done and ongoing and I'm in the part where I will be testing if the electronic engineering implanted on the car will work in continuity.