Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I ordered my camaro? now what? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61039)

OD 01-15-2010 08:15 PM

I ordered my camaro? now what?

Ok first off i told them ill take the camaro on the 4th or 5th which happens to be right before the RS package raised its price, and they ordered it on the 7th and the price went up on me which is not that big a deal, but i did give them my 1k. When i ordered my camaro on the 7th i did not recieve anything. WHen they did order it i also didnt recieve any word on its status. I have had to call twice to see what was going on with my order. Also they have not given me any info on the order. All they gave me was a receipt saying i paid 1k to place the order not even the pricing. WTF?!?!?!? :mad0260:

Im not sure if im correct but can't you combine GM supplier discount and credit union discount? He told me i couldnt?! please let me know what going on! :mad0259:

Am I getting jerked around?:iono:

This is Courtesy Chevy in San Jose

NoUCantDriveIt 01-15-2010 08:27 PM

Relaxxxx grasshoppa... Be the calm blue water gently flowing over your order status. OK.. now.. I'm not going to comment on the pricing and discounts because rumour has it there are a few excellent dealers around here that will give you the straight up information on that. However, here's what you do so you can track your order and give your salesperson a break ;)

Get the Workbench number from your salesperson then use this link.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31614

Frank in MD 01-15-2010 08:30 PM

Credit union is supplier. Tell your salesperson that you want the order number.

NoUCantDriveIt 01-15-2010 08:33 PM

See! All we have to do is say "excellent dealer" and one shows up! (it's C5 magic)

OD 01-15-2010 08:36 PM

Ok ill do that tomorrow but still bad customer service when I have to call them about everything. I almost want to just take my deposit back just because they have been so bad! You would figure they would want to make their customers happy who are going to purchase a car!

OD 01-15-2010 08:41 PM

what about pricing? they havent given me any pricing details when i asked for it when he ordered it. He said he cant give me anything yet. whats that about been reading other posts that ppl have been getting alot of info and paper after ordering it right on the spot?

RCLapCar 01-15-2010 09:56 PM

I had my MSRP prices listed with all options, the discount I got, trade in amount for my old car, all the dealer fees, taxes, etc on a signed agreement (not contract) BEFORE I left the dealership when I ordered my car. The total price listed on there was EXACTLY what I ended up paying just a couple days ago (was not affected by the recent price increase). I didn't get my workbench number until the next day since it was late when I ordered and I'm sure my salesman wanted to go home as much as I did. I would never walk out without knowing all the fees and such they pile on.

Frank in MD 01-15-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OD (Post 1384976)
what about pricing? they havent given me any pricing details when i asked for it when he ordered it. He said he cant give me anything yet. whats that about been reading other posts that ppl have been getting alot of info and paper after ordering it right on the spot?

Call them first thing tommorow morning and explain to the manager, CALMLY AND PROFESSIONALLY, that you're unsure what price you're being charged, ask them to explain it to you. Also, ask for the order workbench number.

If they still refuse to give you what you ask for, then consider cancelling and ordering elsewhere. There is no reason that the dealer can not provide you w/ both the selling price of the vehicle, and the order workbench number.

You do not have to stay w/ the dealer you have if you're unhappy w/ them. Some dealers do not refund deposits on cancelled orders though, so be careful. Unless it's keystone cops in there, I'd try and reach a middle ground w/ them, and I would only recommend canceling and looking elsewhere as the LAST recourse, not the first.

If you gave a check as your deposit, you can cancel the check. If you paid by credit, you can halt payment, or dispute the charges citing a cancelled order. If you gave cash for downpay, well you're at the mercy of the dealer....

Keep us in the loop, and good luck. ;)

OD 01-16-2010 12:10 AM

I put it on credit thankfully. Hopefully everything will go smooth when i call and go to the dealership tomorrow. Im pretty lenient when it comes to customer service but when your dealing with thousands of dollars you better not mess with my money and make me happy. Im not very happy thus far with supposedly one of the best chevy dealerships on the west coast. Im going there tomorrow and if i dont get the price i think fair or what i was suppose to get im out of there. it is pretty stupid to order something and them not give me a price. He showed me what he thinks it might be but wouldnt give me a copy of the pricing would be. If he refuses to give me anything im out. ill take my business elsewhere.

Also if i didn't sign anything besides my receipt they should have to give me my money back because they never said if it was refundable or nonrefundable. All they said was it was to order the car and would go towards my car at the time of purchase.

OD 01-16-2010 11:33 AM

I had another question if i get a GM card now would i still be eligible to get a discount? Ive been browsing the posts and they have said around a 1k discount and as much as a 3k discount. Im only expecting a 1k

Mr_Draco 01-16-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OD (Post 1386248)
I had another question if i get a GM card now would i still be eligible to get a discount? Ive been browsing the posts and they have said around a 1k discount and as much as a 3k discount. Im only expecting a 1k

I wouldn't bother with this late unless you want to save for another car. To get the discount you first have to buy stuff and at the end of the month you earn bonus cash to spend on a car based off how much you spent on that card during the month. If I remember correctly, the bonus rate is 3% so if you want that $1k discount you will have to spend almost $35,000 on your credit card before the car got here. To do that in 2 months would require a $18,000 credit limit and the max I've ever seen a normal person get is $5,000. Needless to say it takes most people a few years to save up that kind of reward points.

OD 01-16-2010 06:04 PM

Ok just talked to them guy seems real dumb and doesnt know much. all i got was a copy of a quick order summary. no agreement and he told me that the price still can jump up between now and when it gets here. am i dumb for getting pissed but i do think that is stupid. i am at the dealer right now thinking of what my next step is.

RCLapCar 01-16-2010 07:56 PM

I honestly cannot believe they cannot give you any prices. I mean you can go online right now and figure out exactly what MSRP would be for the car and all options. Imagine if you were buying a new house and didn't know how much it would cost you until you picked up the keys. I believe when you order a car you are MSRP price protected. Meaning if GM raises the MSRP on the car or options you would not have to pay the increase.

Mr_Draco 01-16-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCLapCar (Post 1387625)
I believe when you order a car you are MSRP price protected. Meaning if GM raises the MSRP on the car or options you would not have to pay the increase.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. You pay the price at time of delivery. If MSRP goes up, you pay the increase, if your discount price goes up, you pay the increase, if an incentive comes out before your car is delivered, you get it, etc. More and more dealers are going away from giving prices because of this and when you do find a dealer that gives you a price agreement, you have to read the fine print as there is clause in the agreement stating this.