Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   You guys won't believe this (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296330)

CamaroC-17 05-18-2013 07:16 PM

You guys won't believe this

Hey its me...the guy with the brand new 2013 LLT motor. Car started horribly. Like one cylinder would start and the rest would join in over about 5 seconds. Then the car ran fine. Well when we got back to the car to come home (5 hours after getting to our destination) it did it again. So I don't know what's going on

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

strych9 05-18-2013 07:19 PM

Did the CEL come on during your trip? Could have left a vacuum line loose. That would kick a CEL, though.

RubyCamaro 05-18-2013 07:20 PM

Ya think that Camaro has a ghost haunting it? Weird.

CamaroC-17 05-18-2013 07:21 PM

No CEL. Triple checked hoses. Also if I left one off the car wouldn't run well at all. After about 5 seconds after turning the key, all cylinders are firing and sounds normal. Car runs great.

strych9 05-18-2013 07:26 PM

Hmm. Sounds like the fuel pump might be draining back when you leave it sit for a bit, like a bad check valve. Only way to be sure is to put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it holds pressure when you shut it down.

CamaroC-17 05-18-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6560454)
Ya think that Camaro has a ghost haunting it? Weird.

I know. I'm at a loss...I honestly just want to push it off a cliff. I wish corporate GM would do something if I contacted them. My was my first brand new car I bought on my own, drove it out of the showroom and have had nothing but problems. I would like to think they would want to make it right.

CamaroC-17 05-18-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 6560483)
Hmm. Sounds like the fuel pump might be draining back when you leave it sit for a bit, like a bad check valve. Only way to be sure is to put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it holds pressure when you shut it down.

Hmm..never done that before. What I don't get is that yesterday (first day with new motor) everything was fine. Had multiple starts and one start was late at night after it sat awhile.

Rob21sf 05-18-2013 07:41 PM

Try disconnecting your battery to let things reset and see if that helps.

CamaroC-17 05-18-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob21sf (Post 6560540)
Try disconnecting your battery to let things reset and see if that helps.

Worth a shot. Tired of going to the dealer

Ventmaster 05-18-2013 09:07 PM

Fill'er up with some local good quality gas, and maybe throw in a bottle of gas treatment that takes any water contamination out as well as cleaning injectors. :biggrin:

BaylorCamaro 05-18-2013 09:23 PM

Look into the lemon law. You shouldn't have to go through all of this.

CamaroC-17 05-19-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 6560483)

I tried something. I put key yo run position this morning for 5 seconds,turned to off and then started. So it primed the fuel pump. It started better sounding like only one cylinder was off but quickly recovered. So I think you may be on to something. Is this in anyway related to any of the work they did putting in a new engine?

strych9 05-19-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 (Post 6562158)
I tried something. I put key yo run position this morning for 5 seconds,turned to off and then started. So it primed the fuel pump. It started better sounding like only one cylinder was off but quickly recovered. So I think you may be on to something. Is this in anyway related to any of the work they did putting in a new engine?

I would think not. Check valve is located in the fuel pump in the tank.

CamaroC-17 05-19-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 6562196)
I would think not. Check valve is located in the fuel pump in the tank.

Well good enough...funny how all of a sudden there is fuel pump problem. So the fuel pump is in the gas tank?