Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ACS Rear Quarter Pre-Order List (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242523)

ACS Composite 03-01-2013 11:43 PM

Thank you for the input on design. You are right, Urethane parts are more cost effective to produce. To install the RQ port you will need to trim the quarter, we felt a two piece per side, and the composite panel is a much stronger and durable solution. A urethane panel installed with 2 way tape just would not cut it in this application.

Fender insert is a single panel per side... half the parts..

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6234837)
Wish they had the 3 slits versus one single slit. Also wish the price was a little better. I got the 3d Carbon front fender vents and ordered them painted for less. Realize there is cost in everything, just wish they were more reasonably priced.

zkdreads 03-04-2013 08:22 AM

im curious too. whats up with this item? are you guys going to make it bigger to look more aggressive

ACS Composite 03-04-2013 08:35 AM

Final design is the same as the shown concept. Making it "deeper" or more aggressive would have meant making cutting a hole larger than the 3 gills and would have required a negative surface, meaning a surface towards teh center of the car... we were not happy with the fell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkdreads (Post 6243002)
im curious too. whats up with this item? are you guys going to make it bigger to look more aggressive

ACS Composite 03-04-2013 08:37 AM

We are completing tooling and will begin filling orders in the next few weeks.

I have offered customers full refund plus, so no no losses to the committed customers. We did wait quite some time for the orders to get to 40, finally we decided to tool them up with less than 30 committed customers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6243037)
This should not take this long to make or ship. I think in the end this will not even hit the market and all the pre orders it states no refund you have to use it on something else that is sold at acs

zkdreads 03-04-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACS Composite (Post 6243042)
Final design is the same as the shown concept. Making it "deeper" or more aggressive would have meant making cutting a hole larger than the 3 gills and would have required a negative surface, meaning a surface towards teh center of the car... we were not happy with the fell.

I think me and a few other people wouldn't mind it being "deeper" look. Still would've been cheaper to actually do that vs pay somebody else to do the whole frame :)
Good work though and looks good

ACS Composite 03-04-2013 08:45 PM

Once we have the production parts, we'll play with the opening trim. If you trim the opening at a different angle, you can create a much larger opening... giving them a larger look.

Just imagine if the black inset in our prototype would be angled, it would seem double the size... Stay tuned, we are on the home stretch ! And thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkdreads (Post 6245980)
I think me and a few other people wouldn't mind it being "deeper" look. Still would've been cheaper to actually do that vs pay somebody else to do the whole frame :)
Good work though and looks good

chozn4service 03-05-2013 11:01 AM

I'd like to see end product, the entire install- ie video or template marking, the cutting and how it actually installs, total price and I'll go from there.
I have the 3d Carbon vents up front and would welcome the dual look and affect to the cars appearance.

chozn4service 03-05-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6248135)
I have the 3d carbon vents as well and would also like to see them both on the car

Yea, the 3d Carbon was a pretty simple install and they provide a template as well all it takes for the install. I think it would pretty nice but I'm still needing to see these in a finished product, installed with pics from front to back and back to front as well as dead on. Just like to have a clear, concise and clean example of the install process.

chozn4service 03-05-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6248458)
i think it will look good. the rear scoops are small and will not stick out at all. the only thing for me is the 3d vents have mesh and thses have the black vinly that goes in them

Well again, I really haven't seen these in detail but if they have a fake opening, can they be cut and a screen like the 3d Carbon affixed into place.:iono: I don't know but I don't want it to appear to be a vent but it's closed off. Just sayin........

SummoneR 03-05-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6248590)
I can't BELIVE all the stuff that is sold for the Camaro only 1 vendor has come up with this idea for rear scoops. I know that they make the stick on ones but I am taking about ones you cut in. I BELIVE that there is a someone on Camaro 5 that does the vents but wants 5000 dollars for it. I think his name is Gary. I think Gary is nuts to charge that much.

I can't say for sure $5,000 is correct, but Gary is pretty reasonably priced. Plus you obviously have no idea what it takes to manufacture these with sheet metal install them and paint. Time and material I would think $5k is about right.
He does not simply make a mold and punch these out left and right, it takes time to fabricate and it is perfectly blended with the body, does not look like a stick on scoop. I'm not hear to defend Gary or bash anyone, but to shed some light on how ridiculous your comment was.

I do like these ACS vents, I would find a way to blend them in with the body though, but thats just my personal preference.

chozn4service 03-05-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6248873)
Anyone that spends that kind of money is nuts. And I really done care how you took my comment. It's how you feel and that's fine.

I thought I looked at Gary's Customs fenders and its top notch work on his fenders and I'm sure a lot of work goes into it. I personally didn't want to have to go through removing my fenders and then nothing to do with them once removed for new ones. I thought I saw some place but can't be for sure as I've slept since then, $1800 for his fenders and I think that's per. Throw in the prep, prime and paint and I'm sure it can add up plus I know I can't do the install nor would I even try.
This being said, we all have our own budgets to deal with and we all have our own taste in what we want so I don't knock anyone who goes one way or the other. I've seen so many mods on other sites and then throw in this site and guys do such great work with all the mods they choose to do no matter which direction they decide.
I hold Lupe from Overhauling in high regard and I've seen his car personally last year at Fest and it is truly impressive! It was he who initiated the 3d Carbon vents and I'm so glad that he did. I love mine and would like to see something for the gill area. If these from ACS are what they seem to be and again, I need some more pics and info on them, I'll probably pull the trigger on them. I'd really like to have more info sooner rather than later as I'm just about done with my mods with the exception of getting my Havoc diffuser on. I know once the weather breaks (suppose to be 50 degrees come Saturday though we're having a snow storm as I type this with 5-7" expected by morning) I won't be doing anything else until I put her away next November/December.

SummoneR 03-05-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6249230)
I thought I looked at Gary's Customs fenders and its top notch work on his fenders and I'm sure a lot of work goes into it. I personally didn't want to have to go through removing my fenders and then nothing to do with them once removed for new ones. I thought I saw some place but can't be for sure as I've slept since then, $1800 for his fenders and I think that's per. Throw in the prep, prime and paint and I'm sure it can add up plus I know I can't do the install nor would I even try.
This being said, we all have our own budgets to deal with and we all have our own taste in what we want so I don't knock anyone who goes one way or the other. I've seen so many mods on other sites and then throw in this site and guys do such great work with all the mods they choose to do no matter which direction they decide.
I hold Lupe from Overhauling in high regard and I've seen his car personally last year at Fest and it is truly impressive! It was he who initiated the 3d Carbon vents and I'm so glad that he did. I love mine and would like to see something for the gill area. If these from ACS are what they seem to be and again, I need some more pics and info on them, I'll probably pull the trigger on them. I'd really like to have more info sooner rather than later as I'm just about done with my mods with the exception of getting my Havoc diffuser on. I know once the weather breaks (suppose to be 50 degrees come Saturday though we're having a snow storm as I type this with 5-7" expected by morning) I won't be doing anything else until I put her away next November/December.

The fender vents are not expensive, it's the rear quarters we are talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6249254)
i am sure gary does great work. i would never spend that kind of money for vents.

I would agree with you, I wouldn't spend that kind of money for them either. But some people want them bad enough to pay it. Some people think we are nuts for spending $40k on a car... It's all about what it's worth to you...
Some people even think these ACS vents are too expensive, others don't. It's all a matter of perspective.
I would do these, but I like the heritage look of the gill indentations, but I still really like these as well. Hence the reason I have been following the thread hoping to see people start posting pictures once they become available. Because I am always changing my mind on what I want to do to my car.
Sorry, no thread jacking intended...
:peace:

tmac1granger33 03-06-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACS Composite (Post 6246026)
Once we have the production parts, we'll play with the opening trim. If you trim the opening at a different angle, you can create a much larger opening... giving them a larger look.

Just imagine if the black inset in our prototype would be angled, it would seem double the size... Stay tuned, we are on the home stretch ! And thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm...

Can you elaborate more on this process? I dont really understand what you mean ...If you guys can do this, then im in!:clap2: I also wish that these had a "deeper" look... patiently waiting