Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Surging/ hesitation (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99738)

David79z28 08-10-2010 01:24 AM

Surging/ hesitation

I have a 2010 SS with an A6 trans. I started noticing the car hesitating/ surging when I turned the cruise on at 70 mph. My dealer experienced it also while driving my car. However, they could not figure out what to do to fix it. They felt that the car was between 5th and 6th gears, causing the converter not to fully lock up for a few seconds.

Now the car is doing this at any sustained speed even when the cruise is off. So that theory is shot!!!

Anyone else experience this? If so, what was the fix?

Any techs seen this yet?

I would like to help the dealer find the solution if possible.

fsugreg 09-22-2010 06:22 AM

I have a 2011 2ss that also hesitates and surges at any sustained speed. It also does this with slight acceleration. I also went to the dealer. All they would tell me is that everything is within parameters. It feels like the timing is slightly off.

This can't be normal operation. I find it hard to believe that GM could possibly think this is acceptable. I sure hope someone comes up with some suggestions for a fix.

Scott@Bjorn3D 09-22-2010 08:14 AM

Possible bad gas. Have you tried the 5 and 20 fuse pull in the engine bay. If you are running lower than 91 octane you will have issues. Also the computer will dump to the low octane full table to keep from blowing the engine. Problem is once done there the car does not relearn well.

Run you tank to almost dry. Go get 91 or higher octane gas from a name brand busy station. The do overnight fuse pull and report back to us.

ffrcobra_65 09-22-2010 11:01 AM

could be the engine switching back and forth between 8 cyl to 4 cyl which is normal for L99.

cmore 09-22-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 (Post 2357273)
could be the engine switching back and forth between 8 cyl to 4 cyl which is normal for L99.

It happens with mine also and I think it is the crappy AFM.:mad0260:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 09-23-2010 09:38 AM

fsugreg, you could also take the vehicle to another dealership for a second opinion on this issue as well. I hope the suggestions here help you!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

David79z28 09-23-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 2361175)
fsugreg, you could also take the vehicle to another dealership for a second opinion on this issue as well. I hope the suggestions here help you!

I just got a call from a Josh at Chevrolet Cust Svc stating again that this is normal. Why should we waste our time with another dealer if Chevy won't do anything?

fsugreg 09-24-2010 09:01 AM

I always put 93 octane in. Car is at a different dealer now. They feel the hesitation, and first thought is that the fuel on demand (shutting fuel off to four cylinders) is kicking in pre-maturely. They have my car now, and are going to re-evaluate the parameters to try to fix it. I'll let you know.

jsharp 09-25-2010 07:31 PM

I have a maggie with afm off and still have this same issue with custom tune. I am leaning more toward transmission tune/torque converter!

So Cal Camaro 09-26-2010 09:44 PM

Mine does it too on occasion, but also when shifting down from speed. It's the transmissions, I'm not sure why, but the new auto transmissions are not great. I had the same issues, but worse with Dodge Magnum RT auto. Service doesn't have a clue what to do if the car isn't throwing a code and Chevy won't pay for what they need to do, which is open it up and see what the friggin issue is.

Snake skinner 09-26-2010 10:15 PM

Did you check to make sure your maf hasn't gone bad, I over oiled my k&n air filter and the red oil got on the maf and caused it to crap out, giving me similar symptoms.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 09-27-2010 04:00 PM

David79z28, could you send your case number so that I can review it? Also when we give our customers the resolution for their case we are given (most times) the resolution from the dealership as per their diagnosis of your vehicle and situation at the time. This is why in some cases we do suggest that you take your vehicle to another dealership to see if the other dealership can offer any insight into the problem with the vehicle and possibly give a different resolution. It doesn't work all the time but many times it has been a determining factor in positive outcomes. I hope that answers your question. I hope to hear from you soon.

sub zero 09-27-2010 04:24 PM

i have same problem in my l99 , i feel the hesitates in the first monthes but i'm didn't take it in seriously because it was happening to me at low speed and i dedn't changed my exhaust that time , but now i change my exhaust system and usually i drive my car in high way and i'm just feeling the hesitates and with the new exhaust it make high noise during driving and i feel that noise aulso when i puting in cruise control at 140km , i thought this noise comes from the exhaust at the beginning .. :mad0260:

the thing which i'm not know why it's happen , during i'm driving in high speed and the cruise control worked in 140km , i try to change the gear shift to manual and the sound is just desappeared !!

i hated the automatic gear after happen to me this problem specialy with MAGNAFLOW exhaust the sound come huge !! :evil:

2SSRS@Gen5diy 09-27-2010 04:34 PM

If any of you can pul out your MAF and let me know the ID it has on the blk plastic There is some thing that i learned today And if you post and it is what i think then you need a new MAF.