Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   BAD job at the dealership. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303582)

onesimo3 06-23-2013 05:58 PM

BAD job at the dealership.

Had my dealership install an alarm on my 2013 2LT/RS when I bought it. 2 months after, I have the alarm goes off everynight in the middle of the night so I decided to take it to the dealership.

And here's my story:

They had me set up an appointment 1 week before I had to take it in. So I go to my appointment at 10 a.m. this Friday, and had the seller calling me at 5 p.m. that they had the car standing there since 10 a.m. and the alarm didn't go off by itself so they were not going to do anything to the car and that I had to pick it up like that.
Just as I'm being dropped off, I get a call from the seller stating that the car alarm just went off by itself and that they were going to replace the alarm so I had to wait about an hour and a half before picking it up. Since I was there already I decided to wait at the dealership.

After the wait, as soon as I open the car door, I hear something that sounds like a buzzing sound coming from inside the dashboard. I thought it was something else so I get inside the car and put the key in, and again, I hear that buzzing sound. Just for clarification that I;m not hearing things. I turn it on and then off. As soon as i turn it off, there's the buzzing sound again. So I call the customer relations guy to come over and hear what kind of crap job they just delivered.

He tells me that the tech that worked on the alarm is already gone and that he will not come over until Monday and that I should drop the car off on Monday morning.

I left home pissed, and decided that the camaro would stay garaged until monday when it was time to take it to the dealership again. So i get off of the car and as soon as I close the door, the driver side mirror falls off from the door. Upon inspection, I see the inside brackets are broken as if someone had leaned on the car.

By this point i'm furious but the dealership is already closed. So on saturday morning I wake up and take the car to the dealership and complain about this. They tell me that I still have to wait until Monday because they have to wait to speak with the tech to see what happened.

I am pretty sure that they are going to blame this shit on me and that I'm going to end up having to pay for the freaking mirror replacement (hopefully they want to keep a repeat customer and fix this for me without charging me). Does anyone know the part number for the driver side mirror replacement with auto dimming? So that i can find a price online (i have tried gmpartsdirect but can't find anything, don't know if because i'm incompetent or because i'm so pissed right now). Or any idea of what kind of charge they'll try to make?

All of these problems happen at dealership over here because they keep hiring unqualified persons to work at the body shop and on the aftermarket part installation.

I'll let you guys know how everything turns up tomorrow.

upflying 06-23-2013 06:16 PM

First question is why you had an after-market alarm installed?
Don't all GM vehicles with a remote come with an alarm as standard equipment?
If I am wrong about this, my bad and I apologize.

onesimo3 06-23-2013 06:42 PM

All GM vehicles do include a theft deterrent. But I wanted a shock/hit detector for extra vandalism protection.

upflying 06-23-2013 06:55 PM

Ok, I'm just skeptical of universal alarms installed in cars with CAN/Bus electrical systems. Just the slightest current change affects the BCM. The Scotchlock is a major cause of wiring gremlins. Was the alarm something you wanted or something the dealer/salesperson/finance manager suggested you install?
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...ing/splice.jpg

batman53201 06-23-2013 06:56 PM

have fun with that. I installed aftermarket ones on 2 of my vehicles. they worked for a while, then both messed up and kept the car from starting. I dont think they intermingle well.

SSinisterLS3 06-23-2013 06:57 PM

"An" alarm meaning an aftermarket. Hmm. Sounds like GM could say voided warranty on that, and claim defective equipment was the reason for the other failure (humming). I would have them replace the mirror, but something isn't right there. I am the first one to tell you the honest things about what is wrong with the 5th gen camaros. Mirrors do not just fall off. Don't care what car. Can be a Peugeot, and still it won't happen.

CamaroTom 06-23-2013 07:00 PM

I think the buzzing sound is the electric pump pressurizing the brakes or the fuel pump. Mine does the same thing.

upflying 06-23-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 (Post 6705953)
"An" alarm meaning an aftermarket. Hmm. Sounds like GM could say voided warranty on that, and claim defective equipment was the reason for the other failure (humming). I would have them replace the mirror, but something isn't right there. I am the first one to tell you the honest things about what is wrong with the 5th gen camaros. Mirrors do not just fall off. Don't care what car. Can be a Peugeot, and still it won't happen.

I don't think the warranty would be voided since the dealer installed the alarm.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-23-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onesimo3 (Post 6705733)
Had my dealership install an alarm on my 2013 2LT/RS when I bought it. 2 months after, I have the alarm goes off everynight in the middle of the night so I decided to take it to the dealership.

And here's my story:

They had me set up an appointment 1 week before I had to take it in. So I go to my appointment at 10 a.m. this Friday, and had the seller calling me at 5 p.m. that they had the car standing there since 10 a.m. and the alarm didn't go off by itself so they were not going to do anything to the car and that I had to pick it up like that.
Just as I'm being dropped off, I get a call from the seller stating that the car alarm just went off by itself and that they were going to replace the alarm so I had to wait about an hour and a half before picking it up. Since I was there already I decided to wait at the dealership.

After the wait, as soon as I open the car door, I hear something that sounds like a buzzing sound coming from inside the dashboard. I thought it was something else so I get inside the car and put the key in, and again, I hear that buzzing sound. Just for clarification that I;m not hearing things. I turn it on and then off. As soon as i turn it off, there's the buzzing sound again. So I call the customer relations guy to come over and hear what kind of crap job they just delivered.

He tells me that the tech that worked on the alarm is already gone and that he will not come over until Monday and that I should drop the car off on Monday morning.

I left home pissed, and decided that the camaro would stay garaged until monday when it was time to take it to the dealership again. So i get off of the car and as soon as I close the door, the driver side mirror falls off from the door. Upon inspection, I see the inside brackets are broken as if someone had leaned on the car.

By this point i'm furious but the dealership is already closed. So on saturday morning I wake up and take the car to the dealership and complain about this. They tell me that I still have to wait until Monday because they have to wait to speak with the tech to see what happened.

I am pretty sure that they are going to blame this shit on me and that I'm going to end up having to pay for the freaking mirror replacement (hopefully they want to keep a repeat customer and fix this for me without charging me). Does anyone know the part number for the driver side mirror replacement with auto dimming? So that i can find a price online (i have tried gmpartsdirect but can't find anything, don't know if because i'm incompetent or because i'm so pissed right now). Or any idea of what kind of charge they'll try to make?

All of these problems happen at dealership over here because they keep hiring unqualified persons to work at the body shop and on the aftermarket part installation.

I'll let you guys know how everything turns up tomorrow.

onesimo3,

Really sorry to hear about your story. I understand your frustration and would like to be updated on this. Please let me know the results of the diagnosis and if there are lingering concerns feel free to send me a message and I will look into this for you.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

SSinisterLS3 06-23-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 6705974)
I don't think the warranty would be voided since the dealer installed the alarm.

They could claim the part was what made the electrics go defective. NOT saying they would for sure, but it is possible.

PalmerGA 06-23-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

"All of these problems happen at dealership over here..."
Where is "over here"?

onesimo3 06-23-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem (Post 6705968)
I think the buzzing sound is the electric pump pressurizing the brakes or the fuel pump. Mine does the same thing.

This is the first time I hear it on mine after three months of owning it.
So, what you're telling me is that you don't find it odd that your car buzzes two times before you can drive it? The buzzing sound feels like something is malfunctioning and I don't even want to move the car from the garage until its time to take it to the dealership tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6706001)
onesimo3,

Really sorry to hear about your story. I understand your frustration and would like to be updated on this. Please let me know the results of the diagnosis and if there are lingering concerns feel free to send me a message and I will look into this for you.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Sure will do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 6706068)
Where is "over here"?

South Texas... I don't know if people tend to lie on their resumes all over the country but over here everyone does and you end up with incompetent people that bring down businesses everywhere (we currently have 50% of new businesses going broke during the first 6 months in the area where I live)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 (Post 6705953)

I don't think they can/will claim that the alarm caused the malfunction. Mainly because the dealership offered that alarm and installed it. If they claim that the alarm caused the malfunction it would ruin the reputation of their "Accessories department" and the dealership as a whole.

I know that mirrors "don't just fall off", what i was trying to say is that I turned the vehicle in perfect conditions to the dealer, and they returned it to me with a buzzing sound and a broken mirror.

I WILL have them replace the mirror, but with previous experiences I've had with this specific dealership (won't go too much into details) I am afraid they will end up charging me to replace it even though I know they shouldn't

Cam2011 06-23-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem (Post 6705968)

I thought that as well, and maybe they took power from there or somewhere else where they may have reversed the polarity from N.O. to N.C.

upflying 06-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 6706068)
Where is "over here"?

I'm assuming Bert Ogden Chevrolet.
http://www.bertogdenchevrolet.com/index.htm