Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro details (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29388)

KrisHorton 06-26-2009 11:26 AM

The main reason the roof is striped is Motion's heritage. They have always run the stripe over the entire car. I know it is generally blasphemy for a GM car to be striped over the roof as it is kind of a Mustang thing, but Motion has been doing it for as long as they've been around and we wanted to stay true to that. :)

Gotthat02fire 06-26-2009 11:29 AM

Kris what are the wheels on the first rendering of the Summit White and IOM striped Camaro? If you can tell me don't get yourself in trouble for me!!!!! LOL Thanks

KrisHorton 06-26-2009 11:31 AM

I can't say just yet, but as soon as I get the "go" I'll post up details. I will say that the design was geared specifically towards the 5th Gen Camaro and these wheels will be available this fall.

Kris

CrimsonHowitzer 06-26-2009 11:52 AM

I love the painted insert, deepdish wheels. Will somebody please build an L88 hood? I was really counting on BaldwinMotion to get it done.

KrisHorton 06-26-2009 11:56 AM

No details yet...but there's something in the works that will make you very happy. :)

dvnt88 06-26-2009 12:00 PM

Those renderings are pure sex on wheels, luv the hood and spoiler. I like the single stripe, but personally would like to see the rear lower bumper painted the body color with the stripe extending all the way to the bottom, just like the front.
Do you have any renderings in IOM with a gloss black stripe? Can't wait to get my 2SS/RS and customize the hell out of it. Great job. ")

KrisHorton 06-26-2009 12:08 PM

Glad you like the renderings! We should have some more color options out there pretty soon. We went with White/Orange as a nod to the old Pace Cars and the Red/Silver as a nod to the original Camaro that Motion displayed and won the GM Design Award with at the SEMA show in 2005.

By the way...that rendering in your avatar looks awefully...familiar. ;)

speedster 06-26-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisHorton (Post 622953)
No details yet...but there's something in the works that will make you very happy. :)

Hey Kris -

This is Bruce, remember the renderings you did for Project Freebird? Was in this month's Popular Hot Rodding with your rendering in there from Johnny...

Like usual, your work is spectacular. I am very interested in both the flared fenders and adding the louvers to the hood. Keep us posted.

Thanks for coming on over to the Camaro5 site.
-Bruce

KrisHorton 06-26-2009 12:17 PM

Hey Bruce! How have you been?

I'm glad you like the renderings and to see that you picked up a 2010 Camaro! I'll have to check out PHR. Congrats on the good press!

jeaf7 06-26-2009 12:54 PM

I like it all but the hood ....

tones2SS 06-26-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CmB (Post 622832)
Hood is a nice change, rims look good, I am really interested in the performance upgrades.

Overall, not different enough from the stock look to really stand out in a group. Looks nice but please dont stripe the roof! Hood, rear fine, but roof...???

http://www.negative-solutions.com/up...3/IMG_0718.JPG

I don't know dude???
I think it stands out way more than the picture you are showing here. There are different stripes, body flares and the rear has no back up lights/dove tail.
I see a BIG difference. AND,...I like it.:thumbsup::drinking:

C4 06-26-2009 02:01 PM

damn that is tight
i need to call and get details

speedster 06-26-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisHorton (Post 623026)
Hey Bruce! How have you been?

I'm glad you like the renderings and to see that you picked up a 2010 Camaro! I'll have to check out PHR. Congrats on the good press!

Yeah, the Camaro is leaving here probably next week for California for a few "little" modifications. ;)

ssrsheaven 06-26-2009 02:10 PM

:respekt: I like. The hood luvers are great idea. :respekt: