Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro details (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29388)

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 07:01 PM

2010 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro details

5 Attachment(s)
As featured on homepage.

Hey folks!

I just wanted to post up some news coming from the folks at Baldwin Motion. I've been working with them on a design for a Phase III 2010 Camaro and they've just unveiled it on their website, www.officialbaldwinmotion.com.

Some of the finer details are still being ironed out right now, but here is the story thus far:

There will be 25 built-to-order Phase III Camaros with power output starting at 570hp. The cars will feature a custom front grille, heat extractor hood, and a deck lid with an integrated spoiler and 3rd brake light. There will be several wheel and tire choices including an option for custom painted wheel centers and redline tires.

For more information on the Phase III program including pricing, color options, and availability, feel free to call Larry Jaworske at 941.713.8443.

I hope you all enjoy the renderings and everyone's input is much appreciated!

Kris Horton
www.carsbykris.com

Attachment 34430

Attachment 34431

Attachment 34432

Attachment 34434

Attachment 34433

Mr Twisty 06-25-2009 07:05 PM

Very nice! I like the flares... The hood louvers look good also.

Where did you hide the back-up lights?

Lucky SOB 06-25-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 620728)

Good eye! :thumbsup:

Sinergy 06-25-2009 07:29 PM

So awesome I don't even want to know what the price will be.

Indpowr 06-25-2009 07:33 PM

The white one is sick. Are your body parts going to be available or do you have to get a whole package?

jpsuperman81 06-25-2009 07:38 PM

Much respect for baldwin motion name and legacy, but even though the white on red looks sick not loving the mustangesk look of striping.

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 620728)
Very nice! I like the flares... The hood louvers look good also.

Haha good eye indeed. I personally never liked the OEM back-up lights. I'm planning on having them hidden between the bottom of the rear fascia and the top of the diffuser. The rectangular lights on the stock Camaro seem like such an afterthought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 620815)
The white one is sick. Are your body parts going to be available or do you have to get a whole package?

As of right now, the parts will only be included in the complete package, though there is potential expansion into selling individual pieces later down the line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 620837)
Much respect for baldwin motion name and legacy, but even though the white on red looks sick not loving the mustangesk look of striping.

There was some back and forth on how to do the striping and we thought this looked pretty cool. Striping is definitely subject to change though and everyone's feedback will be taken into consideration. While we can't always please everyone, we do value the opinions of the real Camaro enthusiasts out there!

KH

Lucky SOB 06-25-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisHorton (Post 620884)
Haha good eye indeed. I personally never liked the OEM back-up lights. I'm planning on having them hidden between the bottom of the rear fascia and the top of the diffuser. The rectangular lights on the stock Camaro seem like such an afterthought.

I too have thought this and questioned it. The answer I have always gotten is that they are there for federal mandated safety reasons.

Mr Twisty 06-25-2009 08:07 PM

Skunk stripe has never been exclusive to rustang, they just over-do it. I like it. Have you tried variations of some of the old Baldwin Motion stripes?

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky SOB (Post 620896)
I too have thought this and questioned it. The answer I have always gotten is that they are there for federal mandated safety reasons.

Yeah, they're definitely required, but I wonder sometimes if they finished the car, looked at it, and said "crap...i knew we forgot something...just put em...THERE."

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 620920)
Skunk stripe has never been exclusive to rustang, they just over-do it. I like it. Have you tried variations of some of the old Baldwin Motion stripes?

Yeah, I agree. Mustangs have really kind of claimed the look. Though I think he might mean that we shouldn't have run it down the front fascia and ended it at the hood.

We've toyed with the idea of doing the old-school spear down the side, but don't really feel that the car's lines lend themselves to that style of graphic. I won't say rule it out though...you never know!

KH

binlow84 06-25-2009 08:55 PM

As a future Camaro owner that would most likely keep the car entirely stock I'd have to say that if you offered that hood and that deck lid/spoiler separately I would have to jump all over it, especially the deck lid. My current car has a third brake light buried in the spoiler and I absolutely love the look, I wish GM had included it in their spoiler.

I must say that this is the first time I've seen one of these modded Camaros and actually liked the changes enough to want to copy it. Excellent work.

Andro 06-25-2009 09:42 PM

Sick!

DntWrryBeHappy21 06-25-2009 09:54 PM

I love it and i like the stripes ending all way down the front fascia =) Maybe dual stripes instead though if people really think it looks to mustang-esque?

Wonderful job either way, so far my favorite aftermarket look i think...

white and red looks great too!

Wolverine 06-25-2009 10:18 PM

I definately like those flares! :drool:

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 10:26 PM

Haha thanks, though the Phase III's will most likely not have altered wheel flares. I think they're amplified a bit by the lighting in the rendering.

As with the 1969 models that Motion has recently built, there is a high liklihood of there being a "SuperCoupe" version of this car offered in the future which will be almost a completely different car in terms of custom sheet metal. :)

GraphixJunkie 06-25-2009 11:26 PM

I'm actually really liking the single stripe... especially over the roof like that. Also, the more sculpted rear bumper/facia is quite nice (total agreement on the afterthought back up lights). Oh, and thanks for someone FINALLY putting proper exhaust tips on this thing. Why did GM put sweet exhaust tips on both concepts and then shaft us by putting boring ones on the actual car? And don't even get me started on the ground effects kit and the weird retangular-ish ports with round pipes inside showing through. Keep up the good work guys.

BlaSSt Off 06-26-2009 12:34 AM

I love it! The stripe going all the way down the front and on the roof look GREAT! When the stripes just end it looks unfinished. I think the stripe on the back should continue down to the rear diffuser panel. And the ones saying that the stripes are to "mustang-esq" need to get over it. When it looks good, it looks good. And ford is obviously doin something right and we know it isnt in the "go fast" department. LOL

TFord 06-26-2009 01:12 AM

Wow, thats some nice work there...I wonder how a CGM, and ZR1 blue combo would look?

Jericho 06-26-2009 01:13 AM

I wanna know what kind of power and handeling options you'll be having and when can I get that deck lid too. Black, no stripy

Mindz 06-26-2009 01:19 AM

OMFG THEY GOT THE SPOILER RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Checking out BM's website now.

CamaroTransAmFAM 06-26-2009 01:32 AM

another win for us camaro freakz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSCamaroZ28 06-26-2009 01:42 AM

IROC-Z hood louvers and spoiler 3rd brake light are back! The spoiler looks higher than the tiny stock one, I wonder if there are any plans to make a longer, full length and higher stock-style spoiler.

Baughman 06-26-2009 02:08 AM

I'm loving the hood. Hopefully they sell seperately

KrisHorton 06-26-2009 02:23 AM

I'm glad everyone seems to like the car so far! This is just the beginning folks. We all know the aftermarket will be huge for these cars and we (Motion and Cars by Kris) plan to play a large role in it.

A big thank you to the admin here for putting these renderings and an announcement on the homepage. This site and its membership is truly a driving force behind the new Camaro and all those who have a stake in it.

Keep the feedback coming!

KH

ps-gunkie 06-26-2009 04:31 AM

These look amazing, great job so far! Only thing that seems kind of weird to me is the striping, IMO if they run all the way down the front, they should also run all the way down the back. Just my 2 cents though :p.

Zeus95 06-26-2009 06:20 AM

SICK !!

usmcjlp 06-26-2009 06:46 AM

I agree, with what was said earlier. The only mods I was planning were performance related. Most of the work I've seen before this I would consider gaudy and overdone.
I definitely like the look of the hood and spoiler and would purchase them if available. I think they did a good job with the look of the vehicle. The only thing I don't care for are the aftermarket wheels, just my opinion. I think some of these wheel choices are overdone. But to each his own.

CamaroZ/28 06-26-2009 07:14 AM

that looks pretty sweet

Speedfreak 06-26-2009 07:35 AM

Not feeling it :iono:

2010SLVRBULIT 06-26-2009 07:51 AM

WOW..amazing..could you do renderings of the old BM style hood as well?

carsismeZ06 06-26-2009 08:32 AM

The hood louvers remind me of the ones on the early Camaro's.

USAFR 06-26-2009 08:53 AM

I like the wheels on the white one!!!! I've been looking around to see if anyone has produced anything like that yet. I am partial to the deep dish, about a 3" lip, because it will give the overall look the stance I like.
Hope they offer those soon in black for my CGM 2SS/RS which I hope to have soon.:laughabove:

Nova65 06-26-2009 09:10 AM

sick alright...:barf:

Jim Thompson 06-26-2009 09:29 AM

the SIM looks SERIOUS!!!

bouncertime 06-26-2009 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Baldwin Motion has always been one of my favorites from back in the 60.

I would love to see a updated version of this iconic car.

Ferrarimk13 06-26-2009 10:15 AM

i think it looks great! That spoiler is absolutely perfect! I like the stripes but think the front should stop at the nose, and not go down to the bumper. i love the flares too, but too bad they wont be that wide. I think thats whats missing from the camaro.

JBz007 06-26-2009 10:42 AM

Love the hood, really love it all.

68vert 06-26-2009 10:45 AM

Very nice rear spoiler. Artfully done. The hood is cool, although not totally sold on it. The flaring work on the sides is very nice. Striping is up to the owner, not a big deal to me. Any decent custom painter can do stripes to your liking.

But for the love of god's green earth, please offer the rear diffuser painted.
Or real painted sheetmetal. I cant stand that black plastic diaper look that so many cars come with these days.

How about real 3 slot brake vents? Would look jazzy imo.

Thanks.

Gotthat02fire 06-26-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAFR (Post 622309)
I like the wheels on the white one!!!! I've been looking around to see if anyone has produced anything like that yet. I am partial to the deep dish, about a 3" lip, because it will give the overall look the stance I like.
Hope they offer those soon in black for my CGM 2SS/RS which I hope to have soon.:laughabove:

I agree those wheels are sweet I want all chrome with a black lip for my IOM Camaro!!!!!!

Gotthat02fire 06-26-2009 11:14 AM

The cars rendering is awsome!!!!!!! The wide body kits would be sweet to see in the aftermarket! When are they starting work on the 2010 Motion Camaros? Would love to see these bad boys come to life!!!!!!