Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   "thePill" is hard to swallow (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306874)

backtotintops 07-10-2013 10:31 PM

"thePill" is hard to swallow

this guy seems adamant he knows the real story...some of this makes perfect sense...some does not. it does take a long time to have a car approved for scca and based on the current rules it does seem illegal..maybe a super touring class...that leaves pro racing???

this is a mumbo jumbo...pick thorough it for morsels and I endorse none of it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705

motorhead 07-10-2013 10:32 PM

He used to be on here until he got banned.

KKreme15 07-10-2013 11:43 PM

Hmmm
He does make great points. This car isn't legal in any class of racing....

KKreme15 07-11-2013 12:55 AM

It may be legal in the Grand Am grand sport class

Rock36 07-11-2013 07:48 AM

That was an interesting read, I definitely learned some things, but it made me laugh at the same time. His major angle of attack is that the Z/28 won't be sanctioned in any real racing classes, and it betrays the intent of the original homologated Z/28.

So what?

Chevy is using mag shocks and carbon rotors that are illegal in road racing?

So what?

It would be retarded of Chevy to forgoe using the advancements they have made in mag ride technology on their "halo" or special cars for the sake of some SCCA class rules.

I guess high end exotic sports cars that don't use iron rotors are dumb too, because they didn't reverse engineer their cars to meet organizational racing rules. Yeah yeah, carbo-ceramic is over-priced for what it does yadda yadda :bellyroll:

That whole "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday" mindset died decades ago. I don't give a shit who won what class in SCCA, I have zero skin in that game. I'm not quitting my day job to race competitively in Grand Am, I drive and hit the track for me and to have fun. I don't need to be associated with a racing circuit to enjoy a fast sports car. I pay my entry fees at whatever track, do my inspections, run my car, and then go home. If my mag ride shocks don't qualify me for this or that racing venue, I don't care, I wasn't registering anyway. :bellyroll:

The egotism is funny too. He apparently thinks people on Camaro5 are actually thinking to themselve that the "thepill" guy "was right all along". Seriously who is "ThePill"?

Camaro5 must have left some serious mental scar tissue on this guy to be so obssessed with what some forum thinks, enough to take pictures of people's posts. Perhaps it is the moderators he has an issue/grudge with, but wow.

EDIT: The photoshops were funny. It's good to be passionate about something though.

The Stig 07-11-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backtotintops (Post 6773365)
this guy seems adamant he knows the real story...some of this makes perfect sense...some does not. it does take a long time to have a car approved for scca and based on the current rules it does seem illegal..maybe a super touring class...that leaves pro racing???

this is a mumbo jumbo...pick thorough it for morsels and I endorse none of it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705

I'll be honest - I have no idea who this guy is or what his issue is with camaro5.

I will say that I noticed he mentions a lot of "regulations" but fails to cute what regulations he's referring to. Just an observation.

shaffe 07-11-2013 08:35 AM

I would love to see some of the C5 regulars rebuttle to this, bc its slow at work and would make for great coffee break reading

FenwickHockey65 07-11-2013 09:13 AM

Basically all you need to know about this guy is he had nothing better to do with his life than go on Camaro/GM related sites and relentlessly talk about how much better the Mustang/Ford was and continuously make excuses when Ford came up short in whatever way until he was banned from pretty much every site.

The sales threads every month became comical. Camaro would come out on top continuously and he'd make excuses about Mustang inventory being low.

shaffe 07-11-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6773995)
Basically all you need to know about this guy is he had nothing better to do with his life than go on Camaro/GM related sites and relentlessly talk about how much better the Mustang/Ford was and continuously make excuses when Ford came up short in whatever way until he was banned from pretty much every site.

The sales threads every month became comical. Camaro would come out on top continuously and he'd make excuses about Mustang inventory being low.

Exactly why I want to see a C5 regular argue with him... I could use some good laughs from the arguments on both sides lol

strych9 07-11-2013 10:05 AM

His point appears to be that GM is marketing the Z28 as a track car, but it isn't legal for track competition per current rules and specs. I don't care enough to read through the rules, but if what he says is true, then that should be of concern and should be made public IMHO.

backtotintops 07-11-2013 10:21 AM

I can't speak for pro racing but in club racing I'm 99% sure he is correct about the motor, brakes, and wheel tire combo being illegal in SCCA club racing. You can download the GCR and look for yourself. http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44472

I think you should look under T1 and T2. I think you could strip the car and run it in GT1 though but I'm not totally sure.

I hope there is a way this car gets homologated and approved somewhere in scca but Steilow's comment of brakes lasting a full tank of gas makes me think endurance racing...and thepill is correct in that it takes a long time and much technical submissions to get approval...if they want to pro race this car next year they are likely well in to the approval process.

so overall I think the pill is correct in his assertions about current legality...how he actually puts forth his information is both funny and a bit creepy at the same time.

shaffe 07-11-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backtotintops (Post 6774193)
I can't speak for pro racing but in club racing I'm 99% sure he is correct about the motor, brakes, and wheel tire combo being illegal in SCCA club racing. You can download the GCR and look for yourself. http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44472

I think you should look under T1 and T2. I think you could strip the car and run it in GT1 though but I'm not totally sure.

I hope there is a way this car gets homologated and approved somewhere in scca but Steilow's comment of brakes lasting a full tank of gas makes me think endurance racing...and thepill is correct in that it takes a long time and much technical submissions to get approval...if they want to pro race this car next year they are likely well in to the approval process.

so overall I think the pill is correct in his assertions about current legality...how he actually puts forth his information is both funny and a bit creepy at the same time.

yeah, defs a bit weird the way he posts it hahaha

FINALLYSATISFIED 07-11-2013 08:54 PM

What he has said makes you truly wonder about alot of things. He does have some insanely valid points.

2cnd chance 07-11-2013 09:23 PM

His old post would swing to extremes. He'd seem rational and coherent then moments later he'd seem bipolar.