Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Okay So Who's Tha rookie (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35325)

Muscle Master 08-02-2009 01:45 AM

Okay So Who's Tha rookie

............................................. :facepalm:

MRK III Z28 08-02-2009 01:47 AM

Ouch!! :facepalm: hopefully there wasn't too much damage to the car and driver

JewelZ 08-02-2009 01:54 AM

wow, that is horrible. Side curtain air bags deployed so it was def big impact. That is crazy. I am in so much shock, watchin it over and over!

Muscle Master 08-02-2009 02:06 AM

Okay ... so whos is it ... come out of hiding I know you are here :paddle:

SleepWarz 08-02-2009 02:07 AM

lol.

Epic fail.

68 Z/28 08-02-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 748820)
............................................. :facepalm:

:facepalm: That's a bad nite :facepalm:

Blakout 08-02-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRK III Z28 (Post 748822)
Ouch!! :facepalm: hopefully there wasn't too much damage to the car and driver

:cry::facepalm: Who cares about the dumb driver who doesn't know how to drive. What a beautiful car, nearly ruined.

Watchamacoolitt 08-02-2009 03:17 AM

So what caused the car to do that?

tom_vilsack 08-02-2009 04:35 AM

yikes...hope driver was ok? was 8 sec into speed,so was probably going a pretty good clip.

Matster 08-02-2009 05:53 AM

Broken axle?:iono: Something caused it to violently pull to the right.

myold88 08-02-2009 06:13 AM

I hope this Camaro owner is not to shocked when he finds out his insurance company will not cover the damages !. Coverage while racing is excluded on most auto insurance policy coverage. Also liability coverage is denied if he injures anyone or does damage to someone elses property, etc. while engaged in racing. Keep this in mind guys.

Grandeos 08-02-2009 06:15 AM

Looks pretty self explanatory.... tires never grabbed... spun out from under him. :facepalm:

Supermans 08-02-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myold88 (Post 748944)
I hope this Camaro owner is not to shocked when he finds out his insurance company will not cover the damages !. Coverage while racing is excluded on most auto insurance policy coverage. Also liability coverage is denied if he injures anyone or does damage to someone elses property, etc. while engaged in racing. Keep this in mind guys.

Ofcourse the insurance company will know this happened since Onstar called in the paramedics and they had paramedics at the track as well.. His insurance most definitely will not cover this incident. Looks like the passenger jumped out and is OK. Let's hope the driver is alright since he was closest to the wall at impact. It could have been a lot worse... Let's hope this isn't related to the shaft cracking problem people have been having. It could be that simply the wheels lost their grip.. We'll have to wait and see...There are a few members on here with a black camaro and orange stripes.. It probably is somebody in this forum.. Nobody should be judgmental on this person. He knew the risks of drag racing. At least it was in a controlled environment and on a track.

Matster 08-02-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandeos (Post 748945)
Looks pretty self explanatory.... tires never grabbed... spun out from under him. :facepalm:

I really hope there is something more to it then that. If not this guy should NOT have a drivers licence let alone a Camaro SS. I've been on mine hard in all the various modes and even with everything turned off it has never, ever even came close to feeling like it might get away from me like that.