Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Ask for pics before buying stuff on here (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268303)

Muscle SS 12-30-2012 03:31 PM

Ask for pics before buying stuff on here

4 Attachment(s)
I bought a hurst shirt throw shifter on here from Rhino79 a little over a month ago. When I received it, it was clearly beaten with a hammer, and obviously installed backwards on a previous vehicle. He said it was from his friends car, and when I told him it was beat up and installed backwards, he said his friend had it on his car when he bought it. It's tough to be patient and ask for a picture when a product pops up and the price is good, but now I've learned a tough lesson. It took much longer to install because of the warped condition, next time I'll likely get my products new.:cry:

pocketcthulhu 12-30-2012 03:44 PM

:needpics:
cause it needed to be said.

Supermaro585HP 12-30-2012 04:22 PM

That's why I always buy new...

pocketcthulhu 12-30-2012 04:32 PM

I have had Good experiences with second hand items on other car/bike forums I wouldn't let one bad experience ruin it for you.

SSOOCH 12-30-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP (Post 5972630)
That's why I always buy new...

This!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 12-30-2012 05:01 PM

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words.........

Sorry to hear of this. I know I've been "had" before too...it sucks.

Good luck to all in the future!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

ToolFan66 12-30-2012 05:05 PM

This is why you pay with a Credit Card through PayPal and have your CCC do a charge back and send it back with a tracking number.. This has worked for me a couple of times..

I have sold many things on the Internet and before I spend their money I always make sure they receive the product and are happy with their purchase.

The_Blur 12-30-2012 05:19 PM

I try to catch scams and spammers all the time. Camaro5 should be a safe place to do business, but it is up to you to ensure that you're verifying your purchase. In order to stay safe, do the following:
  • get pictures
  • buy locally if possible
  • get tracking numbers when shipped
  • use a secure payment method
  • keep track of your messages with the seller

Rhino79 12-30-2012 05:30 PM

I was at home when you were about to buy my buddies shifter. I showed you a pic of what shifter he had. I didnt have access to it to get a pic because it was at the shop. You bought it. I sent it. Yes it was missing the 2 small screws for the bottom side. You had the shifter for 3, yes 3 weeks before trying to tell me it was installed backwards on his car. How is that even possible and it function? Then you said it had been hit with a hammer or something to that effect. That could have been shipping damage.

You bought a used part for half of what new is. Yes it was used and you knew that. If it was in such bad shape, how are you using the shifter? It is installed and functioning, correct?

I am not a scammer at all, I didnt have access at the time you bought it to send a pic of the shifter. I frequent this forum and have no intentions of shafting anyone.

SO why did it take 3 weeks for all this to come to light?

If the shifter is so damaged, how can you be using it?

Rhino79 12-30-2012 05:32 PM

I do not feel as if I lied to you at all. Did you get pics of said damage before install?

Its a used shifter as advertised. Please post pics if you got any.

SSOOCH 12-30-2012 07:45 PM

:popcorn:

Better than an episode of Jerry Springer...

midnighter 12-30-2012 07:47 PM

No pics, no payment.

CHMSC 12-30-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 5973285)
No pics, no payment.

:word:

Rhino79 12-30-2012 08:34 PM

LOL, I was 30 miles away from it when he bought it, but it was in working order when removed. And obviously it works still because he installed it. Not to mention he recieved it 3 weeks ago and just now messaged me yesterday about it.