Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Camaro5 Fest III Cruise PICS and VIDEO here. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240770)

TAG UR IT 07-30-2012 08:05 PM

Camaro5 Fest III Cruise PICS and VIDEO here.

I've been asked a few times over the last couple days on whether or not a cruise is going to take place this year. We've been doing everything possible to try to make this work.

I've been in touch with the Indianapolis PD traffic unit and they are going to try everything they can to help us out. I meet with them on Wed and final details will be put together then.

As of right now, due to the very high volume of cars that will potentially be attending the cruise, it looks like we are going to have to stick to open road....no intersections...and that means doing the loop around the city. Otherwise, I can tell you all right now, a cruise would never happen. ....not with upwards of 500 cars. We'd be looking at closing intersections from the host hotel to the entrance to the highway and then we'd all funnel ourselves into the main lanes. Intersections would be closed on the way back as well.

The cruise is scheduled as an opener, as it was during our first Fest. It will take place on Thursday night at 1830 hours leaving the host hotel and ending at the host hotel. Approximate distance is 55 miles....around an hour drive time. This is comparable to Valdosta in drive time, but just a tad bit faster.

Needless to say, TRAFFIC LAW APPLIES AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

These are NOT closed roads. There will be no goofing off during the cruise. There will be no burnouts, no racing, no impeding traffic, no slaloming on the highway....nada. If you decide to try to be Mr. Billy Badass and the uniformed officers assisting us see you, expect to be dealt with. Warning...has been given.

Again, the same rules and laws that you drive by every single day apply.

If you can't follow those simple requests, it's with a sad heart that we say, "we'd rather you stay behind at the hotels with the others who wish not to participate."

For all others who wish to be a part of something incredibly MASSIVE, we can't wait to see you Thursday night!

Again, the cruise is dependent upon Indy PD, but will most likely happen.:thumbsup:

1FAST SS 07-30-2012 08:11 PM

During Camaro for Hero's we had 250 Camaros and it was a major task for the local PD. I can only imagine what 500+ would be like in downtown Indy.

TAG UR IT 07-30-2012 08:27 PM

374 at Valdosta took about 11 min to clear an intersection. THAT was nuts

MackMan 07-30-2012 08:52 PM

This is going to be so awesome! Can't wait for this.
:thanks::emoticon14::party0048::party0038: :character0182: :army::Whoa5thGenSmall::headbang5thgen:

lol

OldJedi 07-30-2012 09:12 PM

The cruise at Valdosta was GREAT!!! But really, it is just a cruise with 500 of your best friends. So keep it smart and just enjoy being part of something special. Save your speed for the drag strip or AX on Friday and Sat. We are leaving in the morning. See you all in Indy. Drive Safely.

GbrilliantQ 07-30-2012 09:30 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh.

:)

Sent from my Galaxy Note

cybercoaster 07-30-2012 09:41 PM

After attending the races here Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun - the cops are out in force and deal with people quickly! I cant tell you how many we times we seen people pulled over, arrested, towed etc... Indy cops have deal with hours of traffic and thousands of cars for events - C5Fest is not going to be a problem for them..they are ready.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 07-30-2012 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everybody have Fun,
be Safe on the Cruise!!

Pizza after...On Me!!

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:
Attachment 404595

DPerry 07-30-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 5369642)
Everybody have Fun,
be Safe on the Cruise!!

Pizza after...On Me!!

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:
Attachment 404595

I can't wait!:happyanim: and Becky save me a couple of slices :thumbup:

Sir Nuke 07-30-2012 10:16 PM

WONDERFUL, THANKS BECKY!!!!

jeffswhitess 07-30-2012 10:21 PM

I can't wait!!:whitevertshift:

myold88 07-30-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 5369250)
374 at Valdosta took about 11 min to clear an intersection. THAT was nuts

As I remember it was mostly out of town and on the interstates.
It WAS nuts- kind of a controlled chaos..... lol
It may be hard to top.

luckynuts 07-30-2012 11:04 PM

Valdosta was amazing. But it is also the difference in a town of 50k people vs a city of over 800k. Logistics just wouldn't allow the same thing to take place in Indy.

khislop007 07-30-2012 11:04 PM

Sweet! Man I wish I could have my car there. I'll do my best to get some good pictures, possibly some video.