Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rough weekend (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6821)

Txturbo 09-16-2008 06:43 AM

Rough weekend

WOW.. I've been without power since Sat. at 2am. The whole time I just knew there were some killer pictures leaked that I was missing out on. Then I get back to work and the civilized world of electricity and internet.....and nothing. Come on people! :D Just kidding....glad I didn't miss anything. I'm leaving for Indy in roughly 24 hours. :happyanim: I almost didn't get to go, but the hurricane spared us and the house and the Impalas and the Camaros. Only problem I see now is we will be taking roughly the same route as the hurricane did. I'm hoping there is electricity and gas along the way. I had a panic attack last night when I realized I hadn't filled the Camaro up. I drove around for an hour looking for a gas station that had gas and electricity to pump it. Finally found a place at 9pm. Car is full and the wife is loading it up today for the trip.
Anyone seen merf? he is suppose to email the contact list to everyone for the Indy event. I haven't recieved it yet. Has anyone else?

SilverTurtle 09-16-2008 07:18 AM

glad to hear you made it through the storm... what time tomorrow are you leaving? and what direction are you going? if you're going up US59 or I45, you should meet up with us in Dallas or Longview area and we'll all stop for fuel in Texarkana :)

Txturbo 09-16-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 131095)
glad to hear you made it through the storm... what time tomorrow are you leaving? and what direction are you going? if you're going up US59 or I45, you should meet up with us in Dallas or Longview area and we'll all stop for fuel in Texarkana :)

Up Hwy 59 to Texarkana. We are planning to leave around 5am.
Update....just found out there were lots of tornados(no electricity or gas) along Hwy59 north of Houston, so we will probably take some back roads to get to Tyler then somehow get up to I30 to get over to Texarkana.

Txturbo 09-16-2008 08:26 AM

Thanks.....we just need to get our power back.

radz28 09-16-2008 09:00 AM

Good to hear you guys made it out safe :)

Mr Twisty 09-16-2008 09:05 AM

Good to hear Rosenburg is still on the map. No Merf here either.

Congoman775 09-16-2008 09:40 AM

Yep rubber ducky, we've got a convoy

shank0668 09-16-2008 12:34 PM

sunday since 5 till just now we had no power

ucla1ove3 09-16-2008 12:56 PM

i still don't have power and txturbo i live over in friendswood lol. its llike twenty miles from where you live. over near kemah. small world huh?

rolnslo 09-18-2008 01:31 PM

I'm just now taking some time at work to catch up on the threads from the last 7 days. We live south of Houston (near Pearland) and still don't have power. But then again, neither does most of the Houston metro area right now.

I'm really looking forward to pictures from Indy because I need to get my mind off of the damage done by the hurricane.

blaSSt 09-18-2008 03:10 PM

:thumbdown:I will be without power until at least the 23rd.
Still evacuated. At least I know my house did not flood. Many of my friends were no so lucky.

GTAHVIT 09-18-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaSSt (Post 132722)
:thumbdown:I will be without power until at least the 23rd.
Still evacuated. At least I know my house did not flood. Many of my friends were no so lucky.

Best of luck... Can we even send you guys stuff???