Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   drying black (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231090)

redrocker 06-16-2012 03:13 PM

drying black

anyone on here ever use a master blaster on there car ? kinda skeptical just wanting some input before i spend 350 on one.

2010 SSRS 06-16-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrocker (Post 5137901)
anyone on here ever use a master blaster on there car ? kinda skeptical just wanting some input before i spend 350 on one.

I was wondering the same thing, I use my electric leaf blower and it drys the car complete with no need for wiping, but the Master Blaster looks like it would be easier to use if it drys as good as the leaf blower, hopefully somebody has an answer for your question.

redrocker 06-16-2012 03:19 PM

i have seen them on youtube and they seem to work but just would like some real world info.....since my car is black just trying to not touch with towels at all...

Ryanbabz71 06-16-2012 03:24 PM

I have the smaller version (forget what it's called) and it works well

Ryan

camaro2ssblack 06-16-2012 04:22 PM

I have one and use it for every wash on my black SS. Its the cadillac way to dry your car and nothing will outperform it.......but.......
Do not expect it to speed up the drying process, you will actualy spend more time because you will blow out water that you never even knew was there, basically you will expose every single drop and it simply takes time to blow them all off. That being said you wont have to worry about drops later after you drive it if you do a thorough job on the front end.
You also must have the correct electrical setup and either $50 worth of hose extensions or $50 worth of good extension cord.

Other than that, I have loved mine because you can use it for dust removal between washes, use it to blow out your garage, dry your washing supplies, etc.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...maro2ss013.jpg

redrocker 06-16-2012 04:40 PM

cool well guess i will order one...

fargomike 06-16-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgraves (Post 5138194)
I have one and use it for every wash on my black SS. Its the cadillac way to dry your car and nothing will outperform it.......but.......
Do not expect it to speed up the drying process, you will actualy spend more time because you will blow out water that you never even knew was there, basically you will expose every single drop and it simply takes time to blow them all off. That being said you wont have to worry about drops later after you drive it if you do a thorough job on the front end.
You also must have the correct electrical setup and either $50 worth of hose extensions or $50 worth of good extension cord.

Other than that, I have loved mine because you can use it for dust removal between washes, use it to blow out your garage, dry your washing supplies, etc.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...maro2ss013.jpg

Love your setup , where did you get the hose ?

jrisebo 06-17-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargomike (Post 5139577)

Looks like a pool vacuum hose

camaro2ssblack 06-17-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargomike (Post 5139577)

It is a pool vacuum hose and I got it from a friend with a pool who had an extra one laying around. It works great and is way more convenient that dragging the unit around on its wheels. The only problem I am having is the hose was not in the best of shape and has developed a few leaks. I plan to replace it with a new one in the near future...just check out your local pool and spa dealer.

Todd@Autopia 06-18-2012 09:58 AM

I don't think there is any blower that will allow you dry you car with out at least using a towel. Blowers will seperate the water into tiny beads, and while you might be able to remove the majority of them you will still have some.

This is unless you use de-ionized water as your final rinse, then you don't have to worry about water spots at all. We sell the CR Spotless De-Ionizing systems.

I have a Metro Master Blaster and it does an awesome job of blowing out water, but I still need to use a towel to get the large areas.

What I would suggest is would be to start by 'flooding the paint'. Take off your nozzle and kink the hose a gentle, so a stream of water flows over the paint. Water is viscous, so by flooding the paint, the water will cascade off, pulling itself off. The result will be paint that is mostly dry.

Then you can use your blower to evacuate as much water as possible.

Finally towel dry the paint using a soft microfiber towel, such as a Guzzler. For added protection against swirl marks, add a light mist of quick detail spray, such as BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Detailer. A light mist will add lubricity to the paint, to prevent swirls as well as clean any water spots. And of course it will add shine/just waxed look as well.