Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2010 ADM Performance Camaro - Toast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159708)

toast 07-19-2011 04:02 PM

2010 ADM Performance Camaro - Toast

We just finished phase two of my 2010 Camaro build ... let me, however rewind to October 2009 ...

I had no intention of buying a new car. I have always been a car guy and was excited about the reissue of American Muscle Pony Cars ... Challenger, Camaro, Mustang ... but had no intention of actually buying one of these cars. I drove a 2007 Chrysler 300 Hemi with headers and 3" exhaust. I enjoyed the car. It was my daily driver and I had no intention of making a change. In October of 2009 I was working in Richmond, VA and my rent car was a 2010 Camaro. It was a V8 to boot (it is very very rare to get a V8 rent car). After driving this car for a day or two, it became obvious to me that GM did this thing right ... I loved it. Just for fun I went to the GM website and played the "Build Your Camaro" game to see what kind of Camaro I would come up with, still with no intention of buying one. I wanted roots American Muscle ... NO sunroof ... NO automatic transmission ... NO V6 ... I wanted a real factory hot rod. It had to be a V8. It had to be a manual transmission ... It had to be an SS (I really wanted a 2SS because I liked the gauges and I wanted the RS package because the signature LED rimmed headlights and body matching roof channels were cool). I ended up with a great looking fantasy Camaro, Orange with Black Hockey stripes ... I spent the next couple nights dreaming about a new Camaro in a Richmond hotel room. I still had no intention of buying a new Camaro for at least a year even though the website says there is a Camaro much like the fantasy car that I built on the website. It is at a dealer in the Dallas area (my home). Well, for yucks and giggles when I arrived home Monday morning, I went straight to said dealer from the airport to check out this Camaro. It is beautiful ... a color I would have never thought of ... Summit White with Flat Black Rally Stripes ... WOW ... What a car.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1311105247

I still had no real intention of buying the car, especially when I found out they were selling it for $2500 more than the sticker price. I talked with a salesman and told him I was just looking, but I would buy the car right now, no fuss, no haggling ... only if I could get it for the sticker price and he would give me $19,000 for my Chrysler 300. I owed less than $5000 on the Chrysler (of course HE didn't know that). I also had an additional $8,000 I could put down on a new car ... Well, as it turns out, at that time a 2007 Chrysler 300 with a Hemi was in demand. They were being pimped by the gangster crowd. They wanted to move some inventory ... I have great credit so financing was quick and easy and less than 120 minutes later I was driving away in a brand new (7 miles) 2SS/RS/M6 Camaro ... MY Camaro.
In another twist of fate, my daughter had just bought a new mini-van and sold me her 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan (still my daily driver) so there was no need to ring up the miles on this Camaro. Instead I hatched a plan to build this car over a couple years and simply enjoy owning a modified factory hot rod. It was then, as I began my research, that I discovered Camaro5 Forums and Andy David Mages. Five months later phase one of my Camaro build began.

I began to devise a plan. I wanted to add power, that much I knew. The obvious place to begin was giving the car the ability to exhale. I also knew that I wanted to replace the long sloppy OEM shifter. Since it is easier to change the shifter out with no pipes in the way, I installed headers, 3" Xpipe and Magnaflow cat-back at the same time as I installed an MGW short throw shifter. The shifter knob is also white with black rally stripes (how cool is that?)

As far as adding power, the decision was easy to make when a Magnuson Supercharger fell into my lap. It was sitting on a shelf half paid for and never picked up. I was able to get my hands on it for what was owed. As I prepared to install the Magna Charger in my car I began in-depth consultation with Andy and Pat at ADM. I also spent some time on this forum to unhatch my plan of attack. I am nothing more than an advanced shade tree guy, so I knew I was not going to install the cam and valve springs myself. I asked Andy what I should do to prepare my car from him. He instructed me on the spark plugs and thermostat I should use. He also gave me some tips on things to look for as I added forced induction. I installed the Magnuson with the packaged tune, the spark plugs and thermostat and took the car to Andy to complete phase one. Andy installed the stage 2 blower cam with necessary valve springs, ADM Race CAI, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump and gave the car a custom tune. He did some other cool things like raise the coils and squared away some of the loose ends from the work that I did. Andy is very meticulous. At the end of phase one I was at 586 rwho and 534 rwtq. We also had laid the ground work for continuing the build into the future.

to be continued ......

Camaro21 07-19-2011 04:31 PM

Welcome to the ADM Performance Brotherhood !! I too had Andy work on my 2010 Camaro and have just about the same build as yours.. He got 625RWHP from mine (3.4 Blower Pulley). Congrats on the new found power !!

Keith

madmaxx18 07-19-2011 05:03 PM

yeah awsome build he did my blower to and I have taken it to the track in this dead heat of the summer and she still runs like a champ.

bbiermanski 07-20-2011 09:24 PM

Andy did my cam and a few other upgrades, great shop for Camaro's in the DFW area.

NoSloSS 08-26-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toast (Post 3492183)
I the decision was easy to make when a Magnuson Supercharger fell into my lap. It was sitting on a shelf half paid for and never picked up. I was able to get my hands on it for what was owed.

:respekt: These deals are very few and far between! Hey if your headed to Vegas would you play $20 for me? LOL Lucky!!!