Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Unveiling of "Flash" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365167)

xXxFlashxXx 06-23-2014 05:34 PM

Unveiling of "Flash"

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I just registered at the forums here, and this is my first post/thread. I am 18, and I recently (about 5 months ago) bought a 2014 Camaro. Needless to say, everyone assumes Mommy and Daddy are paying the bills, but it is actually all on me, and I am very proud to say that. And once I finish paying (when I'm 25) it'll be ALL mine lol :lol:.

That aside, I wanted to share what I have done to it (hereafter referred to as Flash in memory of my beagle and childhood best friend) with others who truly appreciate Camaros. This is Flash.

Aesthetically, first I added the LED grille kit and the LED underbody kit. They change colors, but due to legality issues, I settled on green instead of what I had originally planned (blue), although it has grown on me and now I wouldn't change it for the world. The other big change is the stripes. I had the factory rally stripes taken off. Then, I had carbon fiber triple rally stripes put on in their place. I also had carbon fiber bowtie black outs, fender hash marks, lower side accents, side grille accents, and mirror stripes put on. I have also had the windows tinted to the legal limit where I live (35%).

Perfomance upgrades include a K&N 69 Series Typhoon cold air intake, a Poweraid throttle body spacer, and a JET stage two performance chip. Realistically, (haven't dyno'd) I am hoping to be up from the factory 323hp to maybe 370hp at the most. I don't know if anyone would have a more accurate number, I am purely guessing.

Thanks much for reading through and taking inerest in the car! I am considering upgrading the lights to HID with Halos in the future and installing an MGW short throw shifter. Any comments, feel free to leave them below! Happy browsing!

Attachment 639805

DaFisch 06-23-2014 05:39 PM

you are probably around 310hp with those mods, nice ride!

xXxFlashxXx 06-23-2014 05:41 PM

How 310 if it came at 323?

xXxFlashxXx 06-23-2014 05:42 PM

Thanks btw! I try to keep it clean, but the bugs on the front are unavoidable and drive me crazy.

mlee 06-23-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxFlashxXx (Post 7767190)
How 310 if it came at 323?

I think he's talking rear wheel HP as apposed to the factory number 323 which is at the flywheel.

Congrats on the car and hope you keep this thread updated with your latest mods.

MLAZ1990 06-23-2014 05:46 PM

Nice! Needs some new wheels soon!

PalmerGA 06-23-2014 05:49 PM

Congrats and welcome to C5.

Ragnar 06-23-2014 05:50 PM

You are off and running, sounds like you have been planning for a while. Congrats with Flash!!!!

kjkjr27 06-23-2014 05:51 PM

Don't mean to rain on your parade but the throttle body spacer and JET chip are just paperweights and a waste of money. They have been proven to provide no gains. Honestly the only increase in performance comes from the air intake. With that being said you are prob looking at 250-260rwhp which may be around 340 crank.

I do like what you did with the stripes I love the fender hashes! A set of wheels will def set it up nicely. And welcome to C5!

xXxFlashxXx 06-23-2014 06:01 PM

Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. I really want to save up for maybe a year or so and get him IPF supercharged with a water/methanol injection system. Those are some huge rear wheel differences lol. But also like $8,500 said and done. Thanks everyone for the compliments. I didn't realize that factory numbers were at the flywheel. I know the difference, only assumed that they were at the wheel. Sounds like I better start saving!

PalmerGA 06-23-2014 06:07 PM

Simply put, Flash, your 323 HP is rated at the flywheel - engine only, no load at all. The dyno readings everyone looks for are at the wheels - which is under load. Starting at the engine, there are lots of mechanical elements (transmission, drive shaft, rear end, etc. - not to mention car weight) that rob power, so by the time it gets to the rear wheels(which is what really counts) you've probably lost as much as 20% (it varies).

PalmerGA 06-23-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxFlashxXx (Post 7767247)
Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. I really want to save up for maybe a year or so and get him IPF supercharged with a water/methanol injection system. Those are some huge rear wheel differences lol. But also like $8,500 said and done. Thanks everyone for the compliments. I didn't realize that factory numbers were at the flywheel. I know the difference, only assumed that they were at the wheel. Sounds like I better start saving!

And feel free to ask questions before spending your money on mods. There are lots of folks here who have learned the hard way that some things ("the chip", for instance) aren't worth the box they come in.

We like to help you spend your money, but we don't want to see you waste your money.
:thumb:

xXxFlashxXx 06-23-2014 06:16 PM

I appreciate that, that's why I wanted to get into the forums some before I started dumping huge amounts of money in. At least that is like a combined total of $300 spent instead of $3,000. Gotta make mistakes to learn from them, right? I just wish I had the means to do what I want to now instead of in a year. But all good things come with time.

Need4speed_motorsports 06-23-2014 06:38 PM

Looks nice, keep up the good work. Do you have any plans to add wheels