Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Adams Total Interior Detailer and Interior Swab review (plus, a new use!) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295708)

Yellow Camaro 05-15-2013 04:16 PM

Adams Total Interior Detailer and Interior Swab review (plus, a new use!)

So I have been an Adams fanboy since I got my Camaro, and recently stocked up on a few basics. I also decided to get the Interior Kit featuring the *new* Total Interior Spray and detailing swabs.

Just tried them out. First off, the swabs were phenomenal. For a 3 year old car, I'd rate the interior condition and cleanliness of my vehicle a 9.5/10. It hasn't seen winter, never eaten in, cleaned regularly with Adam's old Interior stuff, etc. I was shocked at the number of places I could find dirt as soon as I armed myself with a swab and looked for places to use it. Around the vents, in the seams of the shifter panel, around the instrumentation and gauge pack, power window controls, etc.

Next, I also discovered that they are nearly the perfect product to clean the seams of one's VentureShield! Anyone with a clear bra knows the downside is that the seams seem to collect everything. Dirt, wax residue, etc. Regular washings don't cut it...you periodically need to run something across every exposed seam with a plastic cleaner (Plexus for me). I have used Qtips in the past....but they are a very small area and you go through tons of them. The swabs also had a short lifespan...but I was able to do my whole Venture including side mirrors and door edges with 2 swabs. I'm actually surprised Adams doesn't make a product with more resilience specifically for this, as well as a cleaner/polish for VentureShield that competes with Plexus or 3M Clear Plastic polish (the two things I use to maintain mine). I'd bet a ton of the same people who invest in a clear bra are the same ones buying Adams stuff. I digress...

The Interior Cleaner was decent too, but I guess not everything I hoped. It went on great and did the job. I'm pleased that it is one product that I can do the seats and interior plastic with. I also like the promise of UV protection. I suppose I wish it smelled stronger. Too aggressive an odor I guess might turn people off, maybe even me if it smelled bad, but it reading about it it mentioned neutralizing odors and I guess I was picturing the lingering fragrance of new car or fresh linens. It's virtually odorless.

Lastly, it left almost no luster. Much like the lack of fragrance....this is likely a plus for many. I personally like a semi-gloss and wish it left a bit more shine. The silver lining to that cloud, is that it does eliminate my biggest gripe with interior sprays- water spots. With the more aggressive shining Meguiars products I've used in the past....as you drive the car for a few days you start noticing overspray, in other words spots where it sprayed but you missed wiping or it dripped. You don't get this at all with the new spray. It will be a nice bonus if it truly is as anti-static as I have heard....but in hindsight I probably should have tried the small bottle before also bing a whole gallon. With as much plastic as our car's have, I appreciate a bit more of a "dressing".

All in all great new products! :popcorn:

charlietuna 05-15-2013 04:40 PM

Thanks for that.

CamaroDreams07 05-15-2013 05:39 PM

Good review. Seems we're on the same page when it comes to this.

jokerkojack 05-15-2013 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
QTIP

Attachment 510603

menendez1293 05-15-2013 05:56 PM

Another use for the Interior swabs would be to clean your ears :lol: I'm sorry I like my Adam's products just as much as any fan boy out there but one thing I will not be buying are the interior swabs.

On the other hand nice review on the TID. Seems like its a nice product but personally I like my plastics to have a little bit of a shine and not a flat/dull look.

jokerkojack 05-15-2013 06:02 PM

Agree... Plus the TID drys all funny.... If you ever had anything different on the panels it does not clean it off 100% and drys blotchy..IMO.

Yellow Camaro 05-15-2013 07:04 PM

To clarify on the swabs, it's one of the products that I've seen the most mockery in terms of Adams products. They do seem to be teetering on overpriced/unnecessary if you are flat out comparing to QTips....

I might not have tried them if it weren't for the kit. I've yet to try a small Adams product that I didn't realize I should start buying in bulk (Shampoo, Waterless Wash, Detail Spray, etc)....so I jumped right on the $59 kit with the gallon, and it included microfibers and swabs essentially free. They DO clean areas that a Qtip would frustratingly small for- vents, gauge bezels, etc. They ARE reusable and I think you could rinse them and get plenty of miles out of them. I beat the snot out of them with the VentureShield scrubbing, so it was unusually quick wear and tear.