Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   My neighbors don't get it (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296440)

otter 05-19-2013 02:06 PM

My neighbors don't get it

So I get up way too early so I can wash my car before the sun hits my driveway.

About the time I get finished, the guy across the street starts to wash his big old white pick-up. In the sun, using one of those brushes on a broomstick. He isn't even using soap, just scrubbing the truck with a brush and water. Then he dries it with a beach towel.

I had to whisper to my car "Don't worry baby, that will never happen to you."

Then my next door neighbor comes over and gives me the usual "Your gonna wash the paint right off that car." Then he drives off in his little crappy, beat up Ford Focus.

I guess some people will never get it.

ihaveacamaro 05-19-2013 02:08 PM

nope, but they will always wonder why your car always looks the best hahaha

2010 SSRS 05-19-2013 02:37 PM

A Clean Camaro is a Happy Camaro

casper sc/1ss/rs 05-19-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otter (Post 6562968)
Then my next door neighbor comes over and gives me the usual "Your gonna wash the paint right off that car."

I lost count on how many times I've heard that.:lol:

menendez1293 05-19-2013 02:51 PM

:yikes: I have never understood why people don't maintain their cars and let them get so dirty

LuSe4 05-19-2013 07:25 PM

My neighbors all think I am crazy too. It is just a different mentality between car guys (and gals) and everyone else.
We feel your pain OP!

charlietuna 05-19-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 6563949)
My neighbors all think I am crazy too. It is just a different mentality between car guys (and gals) and everyone else.
We feel your pain OP!

:amen:

nyrfan 05-19-2013 07:40 PM

I'm up at 5am on Saturday or Sunday mornings to wash the car. By 7am all bets are off and the master blaster in doing its job. By 8:30am car is cleaned and ready to go.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

KJ2SS 05-19-2013 08:52 PM

Haha OP that's fantastic. I think the same thing when I watch my neighbors wash their cars as well. As others have said, we certainly are a different breed.

I think I am starting to rub off a little on my gf. We were at a car show recently and she says "wow, a lot of these other cars have a bunch of swirls in the paint" I almost dropped to a knee and proposed right there lol:wub:

ihaveacamaro 05-19-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ2SS (Post 6564298)
Haha OP that's fantastic. I think the same thing when I watch my neighbors wash their cars as well. As others have said, we certainly are a different breed.

I think I am starting to rub off a little on my gf. We were at a car show recently and she says "wow, a lot of these other cars have a bunch of swirls in the paint" I almost dropped to a knee and proposed right there lol:wub:

After over 2 & 1/2 years of dating, my gf told me that she knew what a swirl was and that she knew the difference between mustang, charger, and camaro.... I was thinking the time has come for a ring lmao! :sm0:

KJ2SS 05-19-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 6564317)
After over 2 & 1/2 years of dating, my gf told me that she knew what a swirl was and that she knew the difference between mustang, charger, and camaro.... I was thinking the time has come for a ring lmao! :sm0:

Haha... I think this would also fall under the" You know you have a detailing addiction when..." thread. Where us detailing guys choose whether its time to get engaged or not based on their swirl recognition :thumbup:

So to any ladies out there waiting for their man to commit take notes!

Wantconvertible 05-19-2013 09:36 PM

I Get it :bow:

45thCamaro 05-19-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Piston ring?

trm2 05-20-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

You aren't drunk posting again, are you? :lol: