Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone running Schroth Rallye 3 with Recaros? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365754)

Stock Boy 06-27-2014 09:33 AM

Anyone running Schroth Rallye 3 with Recaros?

I've seen a few threads where members were going to install a set on the base seat with headrest causing some issues. Has anyone used these on the Recaros, though? It appears that it would be a better fit with the harness guides that are in the seats.

X25 04-26-2015 05:06 AM

I was able to pull the harness through those small belt holes by the headrest, but I literally had to yank on them. There's a regular seat belt receptor on the harness that comes with a padding. I had to cut that padding to get it through.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-n...417_234306.jpg

Dfault 04-26-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X25 (Post 8384763)
I was able to pull the harness through those small belt holes by the headrest, but I literally had to yank on them. There's a regular seat belt receptor on the harness that comes with a padding. I had to cut that padding to get it through.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-n...417_234306.jpg

What are you connecting the harness to? I'm saving up for 2 harnesses and I need to pitch the cost to the wife so if I could also have the website of where to get that set up, would be great! Haha!

X25 04-26-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfault (Post 8384773)
What are you connecting the harness to? I'm saving up for 2 harnesses and I need to pitch the cost to the wife so if I could also have the website of where to get that set up, would be great! Haha!

This is the antisubmarine harness you can safely use without having to have a roll cage. It gets connected to the C pillar and seat belt anchors.

I think I got mine from Evasive motorsports. It was the cheapest seller at the time of my purchase.

X25 05-29-2015 02:51 AM

I finally got the full powered version, and it gave me back the 1" lost with the manual seat!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...529_000848.jpg

I attached the Schroth to C pillar top belt anchor, seat belt anchor by the door, and finally to the seat belt receptor bolt on the seat, exactly as described by the harness instructions. It seems to work great. Of course, I'll have to try it at the track for the final verdict.

Stock Boy 06-09-2015 10:40 PM

Hey thanks for responding X.... hadn't checked this thread in a while...LOL

1LEguy 06-10-2015 02:52 PM

X25 is there the ability to disconnect the belt from the C pillar without unbolting it? Like a quick disconnect if someone is actually in the back seat? I saw a reference to that on Schroth's site. Any chance you could take a pic where it's connected to the C pillar? I couldn't find any other pics besides your setup here. Very curious to read how it works for you.

X25 06-10-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEguy (Post 8476086)
X25 is there the ability to disconnect the belt from the C pillar without unbolting it? Like a quick disconnect if someone is actually in the back seat? I saw a reference to that on Schroth's site. Any chance you could take a pic where it's connected to the C pillar? I couldn't find any other pics besides your setup here. Very curious to read how it works for you.

Yep, there is a quick disconnect in between the harness on the seat and the connection from C pillar for this very reason. When not in use, there is only an additional (short) belt on the C pillar, which actually hides nicely behind the OEM rear seat belts.

1LEguy 06-10-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X25 (Post 8476172)
Yep, there is a quick disconnect in between the harness on the seat and the connection from C pillar for this very reason. When not in use, there is only an additional (short) belt on the C pillar, which actually hides nicely behind the OEM rear seat belts.

Thank you for the quick response and info. Again, very curious how it works for you on track or autox.

X25 06-10-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEguy (Post 8476479)
Thank you for the quick response and info. Again, very curious how it works for you on track or autox.

Me, too. I'm actually waiting on my Z/28 flares to be installed so my that my wide tires don't destroy the paint : )

Destructo09 06-11-2015 09:56 AM

FYI, you'll have to install these harnesses on both sides for track time, autocross might not matter, that likely depends on the club. For HPDE though only a harness on one side would fail tech if you need an instructor to ride with you.

X25 06-11-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destructo09 (Post 8477332)
FYI, you'll have to install these harnesses on both sides for track time, autocross might not matter, that likely depends on the club. For HPDE though only a harness on one side would fail tech if you need an instructor to ride with you.

But if you don't, you're good : )

Destructo09 06-11-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X25 (Post 8477578)
But if you don't, you're good : )

Yep! Just wanted to put it out there for the guys who might be new to tracking and show up and get told they have to use their 3 points or can't run.

X25 06-11-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destructo09 (Post 8477653)
Yep! Just wanted to put it out there for the guys who might be new to tracking and show up and get told they have to use their 3 points or can't run.

Thanks, it's a good point. By the way, if you need an instructor just to show him/her your lines to move on a different skill group, you could still do so by wearing the regular seat belts like him, thereby making it same for you and him/her. It won't be your best lap, but well, I wouldn't try a best lap with someone in the car anyway.