Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So... MRT Exhaust Version 2.0 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50018)

scrming 10-31-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marley. (Post 1116104)
Scrming I would have to say I like the first one a lot better. But I am young and I like drone and I like loud pipes. haha I want my neighbors to hear me start it up and I want people to hear me coming. lol. I think the original system sounds a lot stronger. The second one sounds really good too but not as loud as I would like. It sounds the way the car should sound stock. PS I get my MRT 1.0 installed Wednesday! Just waiting for different tips to come in.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Yep, Scott and I talked about this yesterday... I really shouldn't be calling things Version 1.0 and Version 2.0.... But I'm a computer geek by trade so that's how I think... LOL!

It really needs to be more like the Race version and the Street version! LOL!

So it really will be two different systems offering different sounds for different people/tastes!

Keep me posted on your install!

scrming 10-31-2009 02:58 PM

Ok... here's a bit more from the cabin... this was yesterday during the initial test drive...

tradosaurus 10-31-2009 03:24 PM

I installed the version 1.0 axle back on my new Camaro this morning.

Installation was a bit tricky as the instructions said 3 1/2" from muffler and it seemed like I needed 3 3/4".

Also maybe I need to scoot the end of the muffler back a bit so the tips stick out a bit further as I'm getting some black crud on the back of my bumper from the mufflers.

The sound is louder than I would have imagined at startup but settles down once it idles.

I will probably put some insulation in the back of the trunk to deaden the sound as it does get a little loud for me during acceleration.

Additionally the stock mufflers are indeed heavy. Getting rid of these ought to increase the MPG.

All in all a good buy for a good system.

francone13 10-31-2009 04:38 PM

Sounds good but i like the first one better are both going to be available?

scrming 10-31-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francone13 (Post 1116572)
Sounds good but i like the first one better are both going to be available?

Yes, based on the discussion I had with Scott yesterday, MRT will offer both versions. The more aggressive, original Scrming's Axle-Back and a more refined, but toned down version 2.0. At least that is my understanding...

CatiaJockey 10-31-2009 06:47 PM

Thanks for the video's, I was sold on version 1, but daymn.... version 2 sounds awful sweet! Please keep us updated with availability and pricing.

Beauwulf 10-31-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanthos (Post 1115780)
Awesome! Are you planning on swapping over permanently, or are you going to be running the original kit still?

I'm waiting to be able to hear the original kit with a set of those JBA shorties bolted on. The shorties should lower the pitch just a hair, which in my opinion is all it needs to be perfect. :w00t:
- X

You won't have to wait too long for that mod.... JBAs are on the menu for mine....

Beauwulf 10-31-2009 07:23 PM

Sounds like V2 has a back pressure problem in the midrange. There's a bit of a burble at about 4-5K sounds like. Bet your losing some torque there.

The sound is better as far as the 2K resonance goes. The misses should be happier.

I just did the Airaid intake on mine and the 2K vibration seemed toned down a bit. I'm hoping it will stay that way when the PCM "re-learns" the airflow.

Xanthos 10-31-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauwulf (Post 1117220)
You won't have to wait too long for that mod.... JBAs are on the menu for mine....

Awesome!

Video video video!
- X

scrming 10-31-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatiaJockey (Post 1117132)
Thanks for the video's, I was sold on version 1, but daymn.... version 2 sounds awful sweet! Please keep us updated with availability and pricing.

Will do!!!

Scott is heading out to SEMA tomorrow and will be out of the office all next week...

The_Blur 10-31-2009 09:06 PM

That new one has a very powerful but very passive tone that will probably cover everyone that the simply loud exhaust wouldn't satisfy. You've got very easy to sell products there.

JesseJames 11-01-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauwulf (Post 1117260)
Sounds like V2 has a back pressure problem in the midrange. There's a bit of a burble at about 4-5K sounds like. Bet your losing some torque there.

Sounds like it may, but does it?

JesseJames 11-01-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 1116620)
Yes, based on the discussion I had with Scott yesterday, MRT will offer both versions. The more aggressive, original Scrming's Axle-Back and a more refined, but toned down version 2.0. At least that is my understanding...

Does it still require the AR25's? Due to the.. crap of life, car modding needed to take a backseat till now. I love the version 1.0, but i know its not fully compatible when i drive my babies momma somewhere with one of the kids.

Version 2.0.... PERFECT. But, any power loss?

scrming 11-01-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseJames (Post 1119127)
Does it still require the AR25's? Due to the.. crap of life, car modding needed to take a backseat till now. I love the version 1.0, but i know its not fully compatible when i drive my babies momma somewhere with one of the kids.

Version 2.0.... PERFECT. But, any power loss?

No, AR25.s.. basically the same setup but instead of the AR25s it some bigger, straight-thru muffler looking thing... LOL!

As for power loss... hmmm... no idea... I'm guessing most likely there would be some loss as compared to 1.0... Doubt I will dyno this setup... but you never know! LOL