Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So what are your guy's choices? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6434)

Screw991le 09-06-2008 11:07 AM

Your kidding right? Even when black gets dust on it it looks worse than white. When it rains black looks the worst. But when clean black is the best show color.

ucla1ove3 09-06-2008 11:15 AM

yea that's what i was trying to say. nice show color when clean.

drivingincamaro 09-06-2008 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
what about silver ice metallic?

IMO if i was going to get white i would put these stripes on it

but hey if whites your thing go for it :thumbsup:

this would be a another choice for me
my
camaro
lt/rs
Boston acoustics
rs package
lt package
leather package (i hope they make more than just black leather)
convertible
cyber gray, white blue stripes, red with black stripes

ucla1ove3 09-06-2008 11:17 AM

silver is easy to keep clean.. the easiest. and ^^ those stripes are niiiiiice i love the color. but i wouldn't have it go all the way to the bumper just the end of the hood.

16yearoldcamarodriver 09-06-2008 11:40 AM

I will get black and clean it everyday if I have to...or maybe just go and see what it looks like first!:thumbup:

Screw991le 09-06-2008 11:49 AM

Problem with black, is unless you cover it and Zaino it once a week, every little scratch, and swril mark shows up. Again very nice color but a PITA to keep clean. The last black car I owed was over 15 years ago. I had no choice it was a GN and only came in black.

16yearoldcamarodriver 09-06-2008 12:06 PM

Then I will get white...or not...AAHAHA! It's so hard to choose!

FenwickHockey65 09-06-2008 12:42 PM

Yeah, that's one of my pet peeves with black. Car looks great when it's clean, looks horrible when it's not.

I might just settle for Cyber Gray Metallic instead.

Screw991le 09-06-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 125885)
Yeah, that's one of my pet peeves with black. Car looks great when it's clean, looks horrible when it's not.

I might just settle for Cyber Gray Metallic instead.

Thats my choice. CGM on black. :headbang:

fbird777 09-07-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingincamaro (Post 125845)
what about silver ice metallic?

IMO if i was going to get white i would put these stripes on it

but hey if whites your thing go for it :thumbsup:

this would be a another choice for me
my
camaro
lt/rs
Boston acoustics
rs package
lt package
leather package (i hope they make more than just black leather)
convertible
cyber gray, white blue stripes, red with black stripes

I think the stripes should stop at the end of the hood as well, stripes on the bumper look too cluttered.

drivingincamaro 09-07-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbird777 (Post 126170)
I think the stripes should stop at the end of the hood as well, stripes on the bumper look too cluttered.

yeah the reason i wanted to see what they looked like was becuase i saw a mustang with those stripes and
(Imo it looked awsome please Dont put me in the trunk :yikes: )

BowtieGuy 09-08-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver (Post 125855)
I will get black and clean it everyday if I have to...or maybe just go and see what it looks like first!:thumbup:

Trust me, you do not want black. You say you will clean it every day, but in reality, with a teenage schedule, it doesn't happen. If you don't clean it the exact right way, then you will get strange swirls and scratches and it looks horrible to you, even if others can't see the imperfections like you can. I own a black car, I gave up on keeping it spotless, it just doesn't happen. Go with white, I had a white truck and that looked near spotless unless you got reeeeeal close.

My options are between red or blue. Probably blue since red fades faster than any other color. But the red looks amazing, and I have yet to see a good rendering of blue. I'll keep that decision on hold, I have everything else figured.

nester7929 09-08-2008 12:26 AM

Red hides dirt pretty well also.

The_Beast_ 09-08-2008 02:15 AM

Black all the way!!!!!!!!!!