Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So what are your guy's choices? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6434)

kanys 08-30-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver (Post 122212)
Apparently if I take drivers ed at my school, and I will, It will drasticly lower insurance rates for me.

Yeah I did that, and I get a discount for good grades, and I have never gotten a ticket or anything, and the insurance is still insane (thankfully I don't have to pay it yet, but still:). So yes every little thing helps, but the initial rate is so extreme that nothing you can do can really soften it much:(

Shadowsong 08-30-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Apparently if I take drivers ed at my school, and I will, It will drasticly lower insurance rates for me.

Hm. That doesn't sound right. Driver's Ed is required for the permit, which is a precursor to your license, I can't see something that is required lowering insurance rates, unless you have it confused with Defensive driving, which will lower insurance rates, if you are NOT taking it for a ticket.

pinkcamaro10 08-30-2008 10:05 PM

V6 LT/RS
Fully loaded
Black (top half hot wheels pink)
polished aluminum SS wheels (not a big fan of the RS painted wheels)

Hope to get this baby for $26 ish. :)

linkwpc 08-30-2008 10:19 PM

My Choice:
What Version: RS/SS V8 version with everything in it!
Auto or Manual: 6 Speed Manual with 422 HP
Color: Orange/black or Black/orange or White/orange
Plan to buy: Jan 2010

chadrcr 08-30-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowsong (Post 122216)
Hm. That doesn't sound right. Driver's Ed is required for the permit, which is a precursor to your license, I can't see something that is required lowering insurance rates, unless you have it confused with Defensive driving, which will lower insurance rates, if you are NOT taking it for a ticket.

Different state, could be true:iono:
Either way insurance WILL cost more for the V8, even for the 25+, which is when your (male) insurance should drop by +/- 40%... :chevy:

16yearoldcamarodriver 08-30-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

You don't need a permit in NH, you just take drivers ed, learn then go fo yo liscense.

kanys 08-30-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Well my driver's ed. class gave me a discount that would take effect 6 months after I started driving and last for 6 months IF I did not get in any accidents or get any tickets. But this discount was minimal, taking off like $20 a month (for 6 months, so it was a pretty good deal but still nothing major). I forget the discount for having all A's, but it was even less than the other.

Shadowsong 08-30-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadrcr (Post 122226)
Different state, could be true:iono:
Either way insurance WILL cost more for the V8, even for the 25+, which is when your (male) insurance should drop by +/- 40%... :chevy:

Could be a different state, hadn't thought of that. But yeah, the v8 insurance will be pretty hefty for pretty much everyone (that is a male) under 25 :thumbdown: because apparently we are more likely to get in a wreck than all of those insane teenage girls driving around talking on their cell phones and putting makeup on at stoplights... :bs: on that one imo.. lol

kanys 08-30-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver (Post 122229)
You don't need a permit in NH, you just take drivers ed, learn then go fo yo liscense.

Ah, in TX we have to drive with a permit for at least six months after completion of d ed before we are eligible for a liscence, if I remember correctly.

Shadowsong 08-30-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanys (Post 122232)
Ah, in TX we have to drive with a permit for at least six months after completion of d ed before we are eligible for a liscence, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, 6 months at 16, 3 months at 17, and you can get your license right after drivers ed at 18.

drivingincamaro 08-30-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver (Post 122229)

Youre effin kidding me i had to get 50 hours

16yearoldcamarodriver 08-30-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowsong (Post 122231)
Could be a different state, hadn't thought of that. But yeah, the v8 insurance will be pretty hefty for pretty much everyone (that is a male) under 25 :thumbdown: because apparently we are more likely to get in a wreck than all of those insane teenage girls driving around talking on their cell phones and putting makeup on at stoplights... :bs: on that one imo.. lol

Lol, that is true.

FenwickHockey65 08-30-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

In Ohio, you get your temporary at 15.5 years, license at 16 years with driver's ed OR license at 18 years WITHOUT driver's ed. A lot of people, including myself, are just going for 18. Driver's ed is a total waste of money IMO.

JEFF2010SSMANUAL 08-31-2008 09:58 AM

A loaded SS/RS LS3 manual, maybe without the sunroof if it sticks out of the car.

I want the best aftermarket exhaust and intake.

Color? White IF it comes out by June 09, otherwise I hope the Inferno Orange looks good, if not maybe Victory red. I like silver buy my last 3 cars b4 my current Black NIGHTMARE were all Alabaster Silver, so Silver is out. All the other colors are too dark for me.

I would consider stripes IF they are painted on. I don't want stickers.

For price, I won't pay more then $40k.