Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Order # (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96219)

brantley847 07-21-2010 02:06 PM

Order #

At what point can a dealer provide me with an Order number....

My salesperson called and stated her GM placed my order, and stated she would give me an order number very soon. I was under the impression it would be given to them as soon as it was placed....which is why I am wondering if it WAS actually placed.

2010 SSRS 07-21-2010 02:10 PM

you should have had your order number the second you and your saleman put the order in.

brantley847 07-21-2010 02:18 PM

fan-f ing-tastic...here we go

hisinc 07-21-2010 02:19 PM

YUP. If the GM actually put the order in, the order number should be available.

brantley847 07-21-2010 02:21 PM

Awesome...and they wonder why people are always in a bad mood when they leave dealerships. That is fine...I will finance through someone else and ensure they get as little money as possible. Show up with the money..give me my car...gtfo.

Assuming my car is ever built.

Tallboy 07-21-2010 02:24 PM

I sat with the sales manager and ordered my car. When we were done, he printed out the order along with an order number and handed it to me.

brantley847 07-21-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 2125415)
I sat with the sales manager and ordered my car. When we were done, he printed out the order along with an order number and handed it to me.

I ordered during the summer shutdown so I did not expect a number as there was no allocation for the 2011....However, as soon as the summer shutdown was over I received contact from my dealer it was ordered. Now I am curious if they were just saying that to keep me "happy".

Tallboy 07-21-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 2125451)
I ordered during the summer shutdown so I did not expect a number as there was no allocation for the 2011....However, as soon as the summer shutdown was over I received contact from my dealer it was ordered. Now I am curious if they were just saying that to keep me "happy".

You do not need allocation to get an order number.

You need allocation to get an order number accepted by GM.

GTAHVIT 07-21-2010 02:36 PM

Get after em.

Keep us posted.

I'd also ask and make sure they have an available allocation. If they don't you can have an order number with no status change until they get an allocation for a camaro.....

Stay on em. http://camaro5.com/forums/picture.ph...pictureid=3293

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 07-21-2010 02:44 PM

You should absolutely have an order number when it's created. No if's and's or but's about it. Placing it is another matter, but once it's created, there is an acknowledgement with a order number. As he said... Get after them...

Good luck and let us know what happens.

youngbk94 07-21-2010 04:54 PM

i got mine the same day

paytnom 07-21-2010 07:25 PM

Man I would be standing over someone shoulder watching them put it in the "Order WorkBench". As soon as it is in they can print out the Preliminary Order Detail for you to check "WITH AN ORDER #". Even comes backs with "Current Event" 1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted. I know, i'm looking at mine now. Ordered 2SS/RS - SGM on 1 Jul 10 and it was printed 7/1/10 at 9:15. Due to plant shut just went to Code 2500 today. Sound like you are getting a round around!!!

Danprh427 07-21-2010 08:47 PM

Yea whats with dealerships i email to see when mine will go to 2000 i get an email from the online manager he says the general manager said he will submit into allocation in two weeks that was 2 weeks ago so i email him again and my dad calls my salesmen no response from any of them. Now i looked when i orderd they had about 11 2010's i look every week or so they have 2 2010's left and no 2011 and now why isnt my 2011 past 1100?

mike9862 07-21-2010 09:58 PM

The dealer probably used his allocation for his stock. When I ordered mine he told me he had allocation but I sat for 4 weeks and now I see he has 6 2011 on his lot and mine isn't made yet.

brantley847 07-22-2010 08:57 AM

Truthfully, I do not mind waiting long. I am in the process of moving so the more money I save the better...Just don't want to be lied too...My guess is they don't have allocation either and don't want me to see that through camaro tracking, but I will wait for an answer today when they come in....

Danprh427 07-22-2010 12:47 PM

Oh yeah to save over 500 a month plus still having that 12k still in the bank is always a plus but when i see one drive by its likg ugh.

CamaroScotty 07-22-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 2128523)
Truthfully, I do not mind waiting long. I am in the process of moving so the more money I save the better...Just don't want to be lied too...My guess is they don't have allocation either and don't want me to see that through camaro tracking, but I will wait for an answer today when they come in....

True. Unless they don't have the allocation - then the question would be when will they have it.

Dealers rarely had people asking for order numbers until people like myself educated members about the process and checked status's back in March of 2009. Not all sales reps have access to the internet let alone the GM Dealerworld system to get it, so you wind up going through dealership management. It is nice having it though, because people like myself can keep their buyers informed as to what's going on, out of Camaro Love :wub:

Danprh427 07-22-2010 01:46 PM

Mine acually called back he gave me a production week told me it will update the first week of august and should be at the dealership by the end of august.

brantley847 07-22-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 2129529)
True. Unless they don't have the allocation - then the question would be when will they have it.

Dealers rarely had people asking for order numbers until people like myself educated members about the process and checked status's back in March of 2009. Not all sales reps have access to the internet let alone the GM Dealerworld system to get it, so you wind up going through dealership management. It is nice having it though, because people like myself can keep their buyers informed as to what's going on, out of Camaro Love :wub:

Yes sir, absolutely....

My issue is I was told it was not only ordered, but to be accepted by GM. Which I thought was 2000 status? I haven't been given the number...called today and not only was my saleswoman gone, I got a voicemail from the sales manager.

Again I am not one to b---h about stupid minor details, but this is a large investment and I know there are a lot of great dealerships and salespersons out there...shouldn't be that hard....they were relatively helpful during the purchasing process although very unfamiliar with the camaro specifications.

Danprh427 07-22-2010 02:50 PM

Scotty should move to ny he would make more money and sales gosh u southern man.

motorhed 07-23-2010 09:51 AM

Okay, so i went into my dealer this morning and told them that my expectations are to leave the dealership with an order number in hand and to know what priority my car would be when ordered. They said there was one ordered last week and that mine is P2 behind that, build date expected to be end of Sept.

Dealer said they would order it on Tuesday of this week and just submitted it today. "too busy and we didn't get to it". Whatever.

Push your dealer for results or go somewhere else.

brantley847 07-23-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhed (Post 2132928)
Okay, so i went into my dealer this morning and told them that my expectations are to leave the dealership with an order number in hand and to know what priority my car would be when ordered. They said there was one ordered last week and that mine is P2 behind that, build date expected to be end of Sept.

Dealer said they would order it on Tuesday of this week and just submitted it today. "too busy and we didn't get to it". Whatever.

How did we all go from 7/26 TPWs to Sept. End of sept does not sound right at all, it should be well before that....

snowtrill 07-23-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhed (Post 2132928)

End of September build date? I thought the current orders were getting August build dates. As far as I know there isn't a 2 month backlog anymore. The only reason mine took most of July was because of the plant shut down.

brantley847 07-23-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowtrill (Post 2133287)
End of September build date? I thought the current orders were getting August build dates. As far as I know there isn't a 2 month backlog anymore. The only reason mine took most of July was because of the plant shut down.

Exactly what I thought....I am in the same situation as you. Ordered July 2nd and had to sit out during the shutdown, but as far as I am concerned we should all be getting 8/9s or even 8/16s at the latest now. End of Sept seems to me that they no where near getting allocation.....I am not a salesperson by any means so take what I say for what it may be worth...

Danprh427 07-23-2010 05:25 PM

Salesmen lie my dealer just got my car in without the rs but a 2010 in like today i was like wtf when they acually gonna get a 2011 if they still getting in 2010.

CamaroScotty 07-23-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danprh427 (Post 2130008)
Scotty should move to ny he would make more money and sales gosh u southern man.

Scotty will always entertain offers ;)

CamaroScotty 07-23-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 2133342)
Exactly what I thought....I am in the same situation as you. Ordered July 2nd and had to sit out during the shutdown, but as far as I am concerned we should all be getting 8/9s or even 8/16s at the latest now. End of Sept seems to me that they no where near getting allocation.....I am not a salesperson by any means so take what I say for what it may be worth...

I can borrow them some allocation....I always have some available! ;)

snowtrill 07-24-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danprh427 (Post 2134900)
Salesmen lie my dealer just got my car in without the rs but a 2010 in like today i was like wtf when they acually gonna get a 2011 if they still getting in 2010.

The plant stopped making 2010 cars at the end of May. With you being in NY I am hard pressed to understand how it took 2 months for them to get a 2010 shipped when the 2011's that were built in June are taking about 3 weeks to get to Texas.

I'd suspect that one has been sitting on the lot or he got it in a dealer trade and is now trying to unload it on you. If you do decide you want that car look for one of the threads that Scotty started about dealers listing cars as sold towards the end of the model year to get more allocations. If they have listed that car as sold, the warranty time is already running.

oldfriend 07-24-2010 12:42 AM

2SS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danprh427 (Post 2134900)

Those were coming from Canada but they ship them though Europe and all the way east around the planet !:thumbup:

Danprh427 07-24-2010 07:37 AM

Oh no i dont want that 2010 it would just be stupid to take it my friend called me it was being preped so it was probally sold already plus he drilled into the bumper lol thats why he called me to make sure it wasnt mine before he drilled into the baby.