Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Performance Exhaust Option (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7836)

JameSS 10-08-2008 09:48 AM

Performance Exhaust Option

Well the option to add the additional performance exhaust..... worth it or not worth it??? Hmmmmm...... not to much info. on this, no HP/TQ numbers or sound or anything? I am sure most of us will wait for the aftermarket as so will I. Probably will go with the LoudMouth again like I had on my 02.

Now whats got me all worked up are Headers from the factory. I assume this is a Dealer Installation and will be covered under the warranty. If this is the case then sign me up.

headpunter 10-08-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JameSS (Post 149419)
Well the option to add the additional performance exhaust..... worth it or not worth it??? Hmmmmm...... not to much info. on this, no HP/TQ numbers or sound or anything? I am sure most of us will wait for the aftermarket as so will I. Probably will go with the LoudMouth again like I had on my 02.

Now whats got me all worked up are Headers from the factory. I assume this is a Dealer Installation and will be covered under the warranty. If this is the case then sign me up.

yeah i doubt we will get a lot of info on the actual numbers the exhaust will provide for a couple more months

the headers will be covered under warranty if your dealer installs them

The_Blur 10-08-2008 09:55 AM

It's always worth installing performance parts. :evil:

JameSS 10-08-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 149424)
yeah i doubt we will get a lot of info on the actual numbers the exhaust will provide for a couple more months

the headers will be covered under warranty if your dealer installs them

Yeah I defiantly don't want to be one of the first sets they install. Just don't feel to comfortable with a dealer installing Headers. I wish I could take them to a performance shop.

Scooter 10-08-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 149429)
It's always worth installing performance parts. :evil:

Would you buy the one from Chevy or another after market company???

CWI 10-08-2008 07:27 PM

Because they would be a warranty item, I expect to get the 'shortys' then custom rest of the way with hi flow cats. That should maximize power from that aspect and give me a distinct tone as well. Nice perc of being in the welding and fab business and a friend with custom exhaust shop.

Crowley 10-08-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWIweldace (Post 149988)
Because they would be a warranty item, I expect to get the 'shortys' then custom rest of the way with hi flow cats. That should maximize power from that aspect and give me a distinct tone as well. Nice perc of being in the welding and fab business and a friend with custom exhaust shop.

:word: my thoughts exactly

headpunter 10-08-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JameSS (Post 149433)
Yeah I defiantly don't want to be one of the first sets they install. Just don't feel to comfortable with a dealer installing Headers. I wish I could take them to a performance shop.

why doubt the dealer for a header install? it wouldn't be any different then instally an exhaust manifold

stovt001 10-08-2008 09:33 PM

I thought I heard once that to be covered under warranty, the dealer must install an item when the car is purchased. This seems pointlessly restrictive and I think it may be wrong. Will dealer installation at any time be covered under warranty?

playhard67 10-08-2008 09:38 PM

IMO as long as it is a GM part and a dealer installs it, it is under warranty

headpunter 10-08-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard67 (Post 150191)
IMO as long as it is a GM part and a dealer installs it, it is under warranty

correct.

haulass350 10-08-2008 10:33 PM

for the money i dont think i'll put it in the gm parts. i have more faith in the aftermarket sources liek kooks headers, as for the shorties why waste the money on shorties jsut wait and spend a few more bucks on longtubes and get a better power gain. just my opinion still not sure what exhaust i'm going with. pretty sure wheels are coming before anything lol

fbird777 10-09-2008 02:09 AM

Shorty headers FTL, might as well keep the stock manifolds, you will see minimal gains. If putting longtubes on an LS3 is anything like an LS1 you should see 15-20rwhp.

TAG UR IT 10-09-2008 02:13 AM

Shorties will keep the warranty, but also add the least power gains.

Personally, I'd go w/ the long tubes, get the most hp from the deal, and call it a day!