Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   V6 Pride (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28873)

The_Blur 06-22-2009 10:15 PM

V6 Pride

V8 drivers pride themselves on being the top trim. Because the glory seems to go with that V8, I felt that the V6 guys should have a thread to tell stories and share their V6 pride.

The V6 has always been the base trim of a muscle car. There's an enormous difference between a 4-banger and a V6 that comes at the expense of some extra weight and maybe being beaten by a few turbocharged Cobalts. The V6 gets the design elements of a V8, usually accompanied with the same awe-stricken looks given to drivers of the V8.

Some people have recently pointed out that they feel like rockstars in their Camaros. Most of us have neglected to ask whether they drive manual V8s, the traditional car of choice. Traditions might be on their way out with some regulations that make life hard for high-displacement motors.

For this reason, the V6 has become a refuge for enthusiasts who want real muscular performance without a foreign logo on the hood. It is hard to conceal a bias for the American muscle car when it comes to RWD sport coupes. The truth is that the most exotic Italian sports car with all attached packages have trouble competing with the aura of a late-1960s Chevrolet.

That aura is back. It is not a V8 under the hood that made those classic cars classic. It's the aura. It's those packages that make them unique. It's that historic GM V6 that has always been overlooked.

Overall, I just want you to have fun with those LLT beasts. They're fast and dangerous. Don't let someone with two more cylinders tell you they aren't worth making faster.

http://imagecache5.art.com/p/LRG/11/...-chevrolet.jpg

http://imagecache5.art.com/p/LRG/15/...dump-truck.jpg

Tom95YJ 06-22-2009 10:28 PM

I agree with you GM 6's are overlooked and not respected !

I had overlooked them myself when I had my Z28. Heck Ive had a few V6's blow my doors off at the track IE. Buick GN and Pontiac GTA Turbo

I would love to get a new SS but I just can not afford it, So I'm going with a 1LT. 304hp is all I need but aslong as its in warranty it will remain stock other than a CAI, Catback ,and headers if they produce them. Once the warranty is up shes getting a Turbo setup. :headbang:

jdbaker82 06-22-2009 10:57 PM

Is this quoted from a magazine or something?

Milk 1027 06-22-2009 11:00 PM

I'm still trying to convince myself that the v8 is worth the money

jdbaker82 06-22-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 611000)

If you have the money to spend its well worth it.

Hemlawk 06-23-2009 07:39 AM

Great post Blur. I will very PROUD of my LT when I get it.

I had a Chevy Celebrity EuroSport with a v6 2.8 back in the day. That was a peppy grocery getter =) And probaabbly the faster car I've owned (besides the '72 Formula 400)

Agent Icebox 06-23-2009 07:56 AM

:word:Well Spoken

pinkcamaro10 06-23-2009 10:55 AM

:word:

Love my car! wouldn't mind having a V8, but i LOVE my car.

CharlieNubz 06-23-2009 11:05 AM

The Blur has spoken....I currently drive a 4 banger and it's great for saving gas...own a 91 RS V6 that is getting rebuilt. The V8 will be my semi-everyday driver. I would by a V6 Camaro today if I could afford both. My wife is considering a Camaro and is thinking V6 cause she doesn't need all that HP in her opinion. Test drove a V6 and man what a ride. Still have not driven a V8 car since the mid 80's...I can't understand why people seem to not understand that 304 HP for a V6 is an amazing achievement and milage to boot.

MontyCarlo 06-23-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 611000)

Meh, to me it seems as much a waste of money as 21" wheels or ground effects.

matt787 06-23-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemlawk (Post 611469)
Great post Blur. I will very PROUD of my LT when I get it.

I had a Chevy Celebrity EuroSport with a v6 2.8 back in the day. That was a peppy grocery getter =) And probaabbly the faster car I've owned (besides the '72 Formula 400)

That 2.8 was a GREAT motor. My Eurosport (VR edition!) lasted over 225K before the odo stopped working and all I ever did was replace the oil every 5K, changed the coils once, the harmonic balancer and 3 alternators but that had nothing to do with the engine!!

justmeron 06-23-2009 01:02 PM

I love my 2LT/RS. A SS would be great but with my budget and age the LT is fine, no regrets. I also have not driven a car with a v8 since the 80's, prob mid 80's for me. I have to admit this v6 is as fast as my past v8's so I can only imagine what the new SS is like to drive. Great post Blur.
And yea I love to see peoples face when they see me on the road. Sometimes it is quit comical. They will be driveing or standing and looking around all normal then see the camaro and many times do a double take or their jaw just drops open. I often can read their lips saying like WOW! SHIT! or DAMN!! Just the looks on their face and how it seems to add some excitement into their expression is pleasing to me. I love the car!
:chevy:

Xanthos 06-23-2009 01:27 PM

Another outstanding post, Blur.
- X

Brokinarrow 06-23-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmeron (Post 612446)
I love my 2LT/RS. A SS would be great but with my budget and age the LT is fine, no regrets. I also have not driven a car with a v8 since the 80's, prob mid 80's for me. I have to admit this v6 is as fast as my past v8's so I can only imagine what the new SS is like to drive. Great post Blur.
And yea I love to see peoples face when they see me on the road. Sometimes it is quit comical. They will be driveing or standing and looking around all normal then see the camaro and many times do a double take or their jaw just drops open. I often can read their lips saying like WOW! SHIT! or DAMN!! Just the looks on their face and how it seems to add some excitement into their expression is pleasing to me. I love the car!
:chevy:

heh, should get a camera installed that tracks faces, then you can sell them their 'caught in the moment' pics like they do for roller coasters :laugh: