Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Its hard for me to believe (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42916)

Sir Nuke 09-17-2009 12:46 AM

Its hard for me to believe

Well I got my car last weekend......what a wonderful day that was. :{D today I went into the spastic squirrel and according to the data base there was only ONE with my combo in the state of texas, and its mine (the vin was correct)and I claimed it.......... I don't know how accurate it is.........but it sure makes my car feel a little special!!

PQ 09-17-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 934289)
Well I got my car last weekend......what a wonderful day that was. :{D today I went into the spastic squirrel and according to the data base there was only ONE with my combo in the state of texas, and its mine (the vin was correct)and I claimed it.......... I don't know how accurate it is.........but it sure makes my car feel a little special!!

Texas is a big state.

ac223mal 09-17-2009 03:09 AM

Sweet Combo! If they had done a hugger orange we'd have been twins.

Sir Nuke 09-17-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 934306)
Texas is a big state.

well I figured it must have been a mistake, so I checked it again this this morning, but it still comes up the same. I would have thought it would have been a LOT more commom.

VenomZ302 09-17-2009 06:35 AM

Congrats on having a unique combo! For whatever it's worth, if you include all models and all interiors, your combo is 1 of 26 in TX (so far). Still not bad.

Currently, I'm one of 12, total. If you limit it to my state, SC, I'm the only one with my combo.

CamaroSkooter 09-17-2009 07:31 AM

Well, yours is a one-of-a-kind as far as that database is concerned, but if you look through the unfiltered results, it's obvious it has not found every Camaro VIN out there, so it's quite possible there could be a few like yours out there.

That being said, mine is one-of-a-kind in Texas too. And the only other one exactly like mine in the States is up in New Jersey, so I doubt I'll ever be parking next to it :D It's a pretty cool feeling, isn't it?

VenomZ302 09-17-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 934720)
Well, yours is a one-of-a-kind as far as that database is concerned, but if you look through the unfiltered results, it's obvious it has not found every Camaro VIN out there, so it's quite possible there could be a few like yours out there.

Very true. I'd love to see a full list of all of the VINs with their combos. Spastic Squirrel also doesn't include options like upgraded wheels...

GaryTucker 09-17-2009 11:06 AM

It's cool that the Camaro has this information available. With our GT-1 Corvette, I had to rely on getting information from the owner of the Jake logo until final production numbers came out. Even then they weren't broken down by model and color-I could only see that there were a total of 17 GT-1 verts made...took extra digging to find that 7 were black and 10 were yellow.

It is information like this that really adds to the fun of getting your car...one of these days I'll get to play along! Enjoy the rare rides!!

Scrappy Doo 09-17-2009 11:10 AM

How about an ABM with Orange seats and cgm stripes...... That be rare.

VenomZ302 09-17-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo (Post 935476)
How about an ABM with Orange seats and cgm stripes...... That be rare.

Any ABM with IO interior would be rare, given that you supposedly have to use a loophole to order such a car.

lcmc 09-17-2009 11:16 AM

I don't think any car will end up being rare. It's not like back in 69 where you had way more choices of options.

Bryan2230 09-17-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcmc (Post 935491)
I don't think any car will end up being rare. It's not like back in 69 where you had way more choices of options.

There are still alot of options to be had. Currently in PA, there is only 1 other car like mine (according to spasticsquirel) and its not even exactly like mine, It has the spare tire, I have the inflation kit. Here in PA alot of Camaros are getting Stripes.

Bumblebee10 09-17-2009 11:33 AM

where do you go to get this info?

Sir Nuke 09-17-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumblebee10 (Post 935560)
where do you go to get this info?

To go this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15776 and use the SPESXTIC SQUIRREL database. Just remember, only select ONE filter at a time and let it compile that data, then go to the next filter till you are done.