Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Weatherstrip around glass leaking (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303717)

cflbuckeye 06-24-2013 11:32 AM

Weatherstrip around glass leaking

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I just had my convertible in the dealership for over a week, because I discovered water in the passenger rear footwell. Well, they said there was a TSB for the weatherstripping and some sealant that had to be added to correct it.

I got it back last week and washed it for the first time since getting it back and after washing it I discovered water in my footwell again. I noticed a large gap in the weather stripping on the passnger side, pictured below. I am going to call the dealership, but has anyone else expeirenced the same?

Although the first pic is of the driver side, I just wanted to highlight the area in question. The following pictures are of the weather stripping on both sides of the car and the passenger side has a noticeable gap and based on the water trail down my winder and inner door to the floor, that is where it's coming from.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-24-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflbuckeye (Post 6708725)
Hey guys,

I just had my convertible in the dealership for over a week, because I discovered water in the passenger rear footwell. Well, they said there was a TSB for the weatherstripping and some sealant that had to be added to correct it.

I got it back last week and washed it for the first time since getting it back and after washing it I discovered water in my footwell again. I noticed a large gap in the weather stripping on the passnger side, pictured below. I am going to call the dealership, but has anyone else expeirenced the same?

Although the first pic is of the driver side, I just wanted to highlight the area in question. The following pictures are of the weather stripping on both sides of the car and the passenger side has a noticeable gap and based on the water trail down my winder and inner door to the floor, that is where it's coming from.

cflbuckeye,

Really sorry to hear of your repeat issues with the leak. I would definitely like to look further into this for you. Feel free to send me a PM and reference this thread. I look forward to your contact.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Michael Rophone 06-24-2013 11:08 PM

When you take the car back, be sure to have them check your Water Management Bag for clogged, detached, or misdirected drain lines.

Unless you're in a derecho, that gap is not enough to float your rear footwell, especially, simply washing your car.

Plus, if that footwell stays wet for an extended period of time, you're going to grow some pretty stinky mildew down there.
The padding under the carpet absorbs water like a sponge and will need to be replaced.

Just my 2-cents. :pop2:
Best wishes for a final fix. :thumbsup: