Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cali members - So who SC'd or will put SC on their Camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47499)

ffrcobra_65 10-15-2009 11:21 AM

Cali members - So who SC'd or will put SC on their Camaro?

Which supercharger did or will you install? Did you do install it yourself? If not, who did the install and tune? Any problems thus far? Will your supercharged car still pass smog? If not, how do you plan to pass smog when it comes time to do it in a couple of years? Issues?

I have decided on a SC and the shop to do the work. I have done a fair amount of reading on the topic and will opt for a "safe" and smoggable tune, at least for now.
I don't like the "bare" look of the engine after the SC is installed. Don't like seeing the wires, coil packs, etc on the engine. So, at this point, I am browsing for a set of engine cover that will work with the SC. Hennessey has a nice one but a bit pricey for me. It is basically the stock engine cover with the middle part cut out so you end up with the side covers that will cover the coil packs on top of the valve covers.
I think Roto-Fab has a set but I didn't see in their website last time I looked. I might call Mike at R-F.
I just got the GM painted IOM engine cover recently and it is still in the box but it will be for sale soon.
CAI...I have the R-F CAI now and I guess I will have to get a new intake tube from them for the SC application. I don't wanna mickey-mouse the one I have now to make it fit. I already have the 3" Zoomers cat-back so I'll stay with that. No plan to get headers.

rtcage 10-15-2009 12:44 PM

I may go that route. I am paying close attention to product developments and member experiences. I'm only going top-shelf quality with this car so I want to make sure the products will hold up and want to make sure the shop that does it will still be around to address any issues that might come up down the road (like helping me though smog). I have spoken with Hennessey, Callaway and Andy at A&A Corvette, but am not yet ready to take the plunge.

d69chris 10-15-2009 12:51 PM

I am, once I find that bag of money that fell off an armored truck!

I would even settle for a bale of contriband that I could sell in my neighborhood.

I am looking to have Paul at West Coast Camaro/Corvette's in Anaheim do a 2300 Maggie.

They have done a lot of LS vettes and came recommended from Selman Chevy.

Concerned about heat build-up under hood on turbo (or gas tank/STS) or centrifical (PRO/Vortec) style supercharger.

Have not bought yet, still open to suggestions or group pile on???

UCI CamaroFan 10-15-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d69chris (Post 1048254)
I am, once I find that bag of money that fell off an armored truck!

I would even settle for a bale of contriband that I could sell in my neighborhood.

I am looking to have Paul at West Coast Camaro/Corvette's in Anaheim do a 2300 Maggie.

They have done a lot of LS vettes and came recommended from Selman Chevy.

Concerned about heat build-up under hood on turbo (or gas tank/STS) or centrifical (PRO/Vortec) style supercharger.

Have not bought yet, still open to suggestions or group pile on???

did you order from selman chevy too?

brandotron 10-15-2009 01:59 PM

LS1 style covers would fit with some trimming. They clip onto the coil pack mount. There are a few companies out there making customizable ones if you don't want them to say "Corvette 5.7". Not sure on pricing though.

http://image.gmhightechperformance.c...ine_covers.jpg

vinyljunkie 10-15-2009 03:35 PM

do you have a link for those covers?

d69chris 10-15-2009 06:19 PM

Yes, ordered mine from Mike Bradley @ Selman

Maybe mike at Roto-Fabs covers can be modified for maggie???

JohnInSoCal 10-16-2009 09:06 AM

which shop are you going with ?

d69chris 10-16-2009 09:41 AM

Look to use Paul at West Coast Camaros in Anaheim, once I can pony up the Cash!

Going to need some covers, because I am not spending the extra $900 for chrome maggie.

We need to do a group install, all at once, I can wait!

Anybody else game?

rtcage 10-16-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d69chris (Post 1051776)
Look to use Paul at West Coast Camaros in Anaheim, once I can pony up the Cash!

Going to need some covers, because I am not spending the extra $900 for chrome maggie.

We need to do a group install, all at once, I can wait!

Anybody else game?

Consider me a possibility.

d69chris 10-16-2009 01:42 PM

Nice!

I will get more info from Paul@WCC once we get more interest and a time frame.

Are we looking to do this by year end?? Maybe Santa or Bird day??

rtcage 10-16-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d69chris (Post 1052697)
Nice!

I will get more info from Paul@WCC once we get more interest and a time frame.

Are we looking to do this by year end?? Maybe Santa or Bird day??

More like Jingly Bell time for me. Not in a huge rush. Need more time to confirm and finance my decision.

69 Camaro 09 10-16-2009 05:43 PM

i have a chrome maggie with the roto fab CAI. i want to customize the stock engine cover to fit on it , like hennesy did :)

rtcage 10-16-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69 Camaro 09 (Post 1053627)
i have a chrome maggie with the roto fab CAI. i want to customize the stock engine cover to fit on it , like hennesy did :)

Are you happy with it? L99 or LS3? Did you do any exhaust work?