Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bumblebee Paint Job (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6016)

Tom Henry Racing 08-14-2008 02:34 PM

Bumblebee Paint Job

I need some marketing help from the group. If I offered new Camaros with a Bumblebee paint job;
1 Do you think there would be buyers?
2 Do you think it would be a good attention getter at shows?
3 How much do you think the paint job should cost?

RB43TD 08-14-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Weasel (Post 112265)
I need some marketing help from the group. If I offered new Camaros with a Bumblebee paint job;
1 Do you think there would be buyers?
2 Do you think it would be a good attention getter at shows?
3 How much do you think the paint job should cost?

1 - Absolutely. I'd be one of them.
2 - Absolutely. I have a model car on my desk at work and everyone who comes in knows right off the bat that it's "Bumbleebee from Transformers". I think it has a huge following and people love seeing it.
3 - Definitely not the $10,000 that has been mentioned on here occassionally for the original BB paint jobs. I'd say somewhere between $2,000 - $4,000. :iono:

65bus 08-14-2008 03:29 PM

1)Yes
2)yes
3)500-1000

Tom Henry Racing 08-14-2008 03:34 PM

I'm new to the board so I haven't seen the previous threads on the bumble bee paint. I do appreciate feed back though.

Shadowsong 08-14-2008 04:16 PM

Isn't chevy offering a bumblebee package? :iono:

The_Blur 08-14-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowsong (Post 112314)
Isn't chevy offering a bumblebee package? :iono:

Expect it to make big sales if it is true to the movies. That means GM should put Autobot logos on the steering wheel and other parts of the car. Even if Bumblebee isn't true to the movie, it will still look slick and sell at the right price.

For cost, GM could use some sort of tint coat to make the current yellow darker, driving down the cost of the paint job. Otherwise, expect the cost to be the difference between the special paint and ordinary GM paint. I have no idea how much ordinary paint costs, so I can only guess. Add a token price for the car being a special edition.

Supposedly, one is in the works. No one knows specifics.

SilverTurtle 08-14-2008 04:36 PM

little weasel, eh? lol

1) yes
2) yes
3) about $2000 is going to be the highest you could go and still expect to sell a bunch of them... if you priced them at $4000, you have to figure that the price would now be entering the $40k range, and its going to be hard to sell a Camaro to folks that know there's a $40k Mustang out there with 500hp.

if you were wanting it to be a limited run offered at, say, Tom Henry Chevrolet or Tom Henry Racing, you might get away with a $5000 package that included a hotcam and springs swap, the Bumblebee paint job and custom stitching on the headrest... and maybe a commemorative emblem somehwere inside the car that showed what build number it was in the series each year.

but that's just a thought

The_Beast_ 08-14-2008 04:46 PM

I dont think that there's really a point GM is coming out with a Bumblebee package around the time of the Vert. So seems a little pointless to me.

Shadowsong 08-14-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Beast_ (Post 112337)
I dont think that there's really a point GM is coming out with a Bumblebee package around the time of the Vert. So seems a little pointless to me.

TF2...?

The_Stache 08-14-2008 05:15 PM

I laugh at full body paint jobs under 5k..... You get what you pay for in the paint department..

And as the others have said... GM will have its own bumblebee package. Chances are your "special" ones would either not sell or have to be a bargin compared to gm's.

Mr. Wyndham 08-14-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 112321)
little weasel, eh? lol

1) yes
2) yes
3) about $2000 is going to be the highest you could go and still expect to sell a bunch of them... if you priced them at $4000, you have to figure that the price would now be entering the $40k range, and its going to be hard to sell a Camaro to folks that know there's a $40k Mustang out there with 500hp.

if you were wanting it to be a limited run offered at, say, Tom Henry Chevrolet or Tom Henry Racing, you might get away with a $5000 package that included a hotcam and springs swap, the Bumblebee paint job and custom stitching on the headrest... and maybe a commemorative emblem somehwere inside the car that showed what build number it was in the series each year.

:word: Exactly what I was going to say.

1)I think there'd be a HECK of a lot of buyers looking for something like that. We're talking transformers 1, AND 2 here...
2)yes. I can't elaborate anymore than yes in a big way.
3)Like Turtle said; it all depends on how many you'd want to put out there, I guess. At $2,000, I'd expect lots of folks (maybe 15%) of buyers opt for it. Any higher, and you're going to up the attention-getter factor because there'll be less people who swing for it.:thumbsup:

What are your thoughts?:iono:

KILLER74Z28 08-15-2008 01:23 AM

[QUOTE=Little Weasel;112265]I need some marketing help from the group. If I offered new Camaros with a Bumblebee paint job;

1 Do you think there would be buyers? Absofiggenlutely, they would sell like hot cakes…

2 Do you think it would be a good attention getter at shows? DUH… You have children pointing at any yellow car with black strips and yelling “Bumblebee”

3 How much do you think the paint job should cost? Can’t charge to much… no more than 2000 to 3000; and for that price the stripes better be painted on and not vinyl stickers.../QUOTE]

TAG UR IT 08-15-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 112321)
little weasel, eh? lol

1) yes
2) yes

;) and :clap: and :thumbsup: and :word:
I think someone hit the nail on the head.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 112442)
:word: Exactly what I was going to say.

1)I think there'd be a HECK of a lot of buyers looking for something like that. We're talking transformers 1, AND 2 here...
2)yes. I can't elaborate anymore than yes in a big way.
3)Like Turtle said; it all depends on how many you'd want to put out there, I guess. At $2,000, I'd expect lots of folks (maybe 15%) of buyers opt for it. Any higher, and you're going to up the attention-getter factor because there'll be less people who swing for it.:thumbsup:

What are your thoughts?:iono:

:word:
[QUOTE=KILLER74Z28;112621]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Weasel (Post 112265)

1 Do you think there would be buyers? Absofiggenlutely, they would sell like hot cakes…

2 Do you think it would be a good attention getter at shows? DUH… You have children pointing at any yellow car with black strips and yelling “Bumblebee”

3 How much do you think the paint job should cost? Can’t charge to much… no more than 2000 to 3000; and for that price the stripes better be painted on and not vinyl stickers.../QUOTE]

Great point on the kids noticing everything yellow w/ black stripes.

I've actually seen on several peoples desks the BB die casts and Jada 1/64th scale model cars. I could have seen silver, or red, or orange w/ stripes. BUT, the majority I've seen have been BB colored.

There's a lot of folks here on the site that have repeatedly asked about the BB paint being offered. So....

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. About $1,200 to $1,800 so you don't get up there too high in the price. Doing this as a package would be a GREAT idea as well. But, I don't know how many one would sell priced pretty high w/ a BB paint job, heads, cam, and exhauast. I bet one would sell A LOT more with just the BB paint alone. BUT, it would be so much cooler to have a special run package.....autobot logo on the wheel, etc. But, then you have copyright laws you'd have to worry about and royalties to pay. So, maybe just the paint. Maybe the paint and a special engine/performace package. Maybe an all out autobot BB package.

But, you KNOW there would be people lined up to buy a BB Camaro.

willisit 08-15-2008 02:50 AM

A good paint job here would be a minimum of £3500 but usually end up around the £6000 mark - so that's $7000/12000 in your money. The $10k mark seems spot on!