Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Attention: Central Illinois C5ers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226835)

fastfreddie 03-18-2013 08:04 AM

Happy cold wet Monday to everyone!

Thought it would be nice to see some 5th Gens together at some Central Illinois events this year. The best way I know to get this started is through email notification, and then we may find a better avenue once we see how much interest there is. So, If you would like to be notified of events in our area to meet up at, please PM me your email address. I promise, your email address will not be shared.

Thanks, and let's get some warm weather coming our way!

GbrilliantQ 03-18-2013 08:28 AM

ygpm

Yeti 03-20-2013 08:24 AM

I live in mahomet, work in decatur. Seen your car fastfreddie at the mahomet car show last summer. Hopefully if they have it again it won't be as hot.

SSMKNU2 03-20-2013 09:16 PM

Sent you a PM. I'd just be happy for this weather to start to warm up (and stay) at some point.

fastfreddie 03-26-2013 09:07 AM

Bump...

SSMKNU2 03-26-2013 06:47 PM

So when's the first car show? Cant wait to get the car out this weekend. Might work on installing the drop springs.

atma 04-02-2013 07:27 PM

moving to Champaign/Urbana area at the end of July. hopin' to link up with a crew once I'm out there. you guys ever get organized? also, is there anything I need to know about IL?

SSMKNU2 04-02-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6373815)
moving to Champaign/Urbana area at the end of July. hopin' to link up with a crew once I'm out there. you guys ever get organized? also, is there anything I need to know about IL?

First year for me owning a Camaro but interested in meeting up. As far as Illinois goes lets see, corrupt Chicago, flat lands, unpredictable weather. That about sums up Illinois.

fastfreddie 04-03-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6373815)

What brings you to Chambana?

atma 04-04-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfreddie (Post 6378930)
What brings you to Chambana?

my gf has gotten a job at the university.

fastfreddie 04-05-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6382629)
my gf has gotten a job at the university.

Cool. My nephew works at U of I.

atma 04-07-2013 04:26 PM

so do you guys ever meet up? have any kind of actual group or crew? roll together to car shows? do non-camaro related things? just curious as to how organized things are around there. I'm guessing you guys are a li'l spread out so perhaps these things are kinda tough?

also, I'm guessing once I move, I'm going to need to get the car inspected when I register it in Illinois. anything I need to know? the car is still stock at the moment, but I do have 20% tint. will I need to remove the tint, get in inspected and then re-tint? or are there places in the area that might "not notice?"

Azzkker 04-07-2013 04:35 PM

No inspections in IL. Although, cook county might require one???

The only place that will beat you up on the tint is cook county.

atma 04-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzkker (Post 6394660)

The only place that will beat you up on the tint is cook county.

no inspection?!? does that mean no window sticker??

I currently live in MD, where cars only need an initial inspection (brand new vehicles are exempt) so I've never had a window sticker and wasn't looking forward to having one.

GbrilliantQ 04-07-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6394710)
no inspection?!? does that mean no window sticker??

I currently live in MD, where cars only need an initial inspection (brand new vehicles are exempt) so I've never had a window sticker and wasn't looking forward to having one.

Nope no inspections here ever. Never seen a window sticker...lol We do have to run with a front license plate though, but i havent had one for almost three years and never had a problem.

Sent from my Transformer

atma 04-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ (Post 6394724)
We do have to run with a front license plate though, but i havent had one for almost three years and never had a problem.

oh, not a problem. MD has a front plate requirement as well, but I have a removal plate bracket that I can just pop off really easily at shows

fastfreddie 04-08-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6394619)
so do you guys ever meet up? have any kind of actual group or crew? roll together to car shows? do non-camaro related things? just curious as to how organized things are around there. I'm guessing you guys are a li'l spread out so perhaps these things are kinda tough?

also, I'm guessing once I move, I'm going to need to get the car inspected when I register it in Illinois. anything I need to know? the car is still stock at the moment, but I do have 20% tint. will I need to remove the tint, get in inspected and then re-tint? or are there places in the area that might "not notice?"

We are not very organized yet because like you say, we are all spread out and are about an hour apart. There seems to be a good number of us though from Bloomington, Peoria, Decatur, Clinton, Champaign and Springfield surrounding areas.

I'm a member of the Chicago 5th Gen club. They offer alot of events such as car shows, track days, drag racing, and most importantly, are a great group of people. I don't mind going up there for meets because it gives me time with my Camaro. If interested, go here: www.chicago5thgen.com

It's my goal to hopefully get some of us from the central part together and see where it goes. If there's enough interest and desire to make our own club of Central Illinois owners, then we can look into that.

As for your car, the only thing you might need to change is your tint. I have a 35% tint which is the legal limit for Illinois. Front plate has been discussed already and is required but I don't run one either and have been okay, so far. Again, different county's enforce certain laws more than others.

We will definately be organizing a group to cruise over to Indy in August for C5Fest so watch for that if you're signed up to go. If not, I highly recommend you attend because it's so close to us and if you've never been to Indy, it's a great place for car lovers.

Yeti 04-09-2013 07:02 PM

I have 15% all the way around on my car. It is my daily driver......work about an hour from where I live. I see a cop (including state cops) just about ever day, they all look at my car. Think they are checking it out, I have never been pulled over for it going on a year and a half now.

I am down for a meet, know of another guy on here that lives in mahomet also.... do not think he has posted on this forum. I will have to send him a pm.

SSMKNU2 04-09-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzkker (Post 6394660)

The only place that will beat you up on the tint is crook county.

Went ahead and fixed this for you

Also I'm down to meet up whenever. Especially with a caravan going to Camarofest.

fastfreddie 04-09-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 6404363)
I have 15% all the way around on my car. It is my daily driver......work about an hour from where I live. I see a cop (including state cops) just about ever day, they all look at my car. Think they are checking it out, I have never been pulled over for it going on a year and a half now.

I am down for a meet, know of another guy on here that lives in mahomet also.... do not think he has posted on this forum. I will have to send him a pm.

If you're referring to KnightRiderSS, his is post #2.

Jayrcr3 04-09-2013 08:00 PM

Chatham/Springfield

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

atma 04-09-2013 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=fastfreddie;6398078}

We will definately be organizing a group to cruise over to Indy in August for C5Fest so watch for that if you're signed up to go. If not, I highly recommend you attend because it's so close to us and if you've never been to Indy, it's a great place for car lovers.[/QUOTE]

yeah I was at CamaroFest III last year and had a great time. Was planning on going this year and have a room reserved, but it's right around the time I'm set to move so we shall see how it works out.

I am familiar with Chicago 5th Gen and I met a few of the local Indy guys last year (also pretty close to Chambana) so for some of the more major meets, I can see myself makin' the drive.

Yeti 04-09-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfreddie (Post 6404456)
If you're referring to KnightRiderSS, his is post #2.

Yep was referring to KnightRiderSS, totaly missed that. Thanks

Intimidator333 04-17-2013 03:48 AM

Peoria, IL. Would love to get together with some fellow Central IL C5 members.

fastfreddie 04-17-2013 03:08 PM

Newly Created Central Illinois 5th Gen Group

After several sleepless nights, I decided to create a group for us Central Illinois Owners. If you would like to, please join the group and participate as you wish. This will be a place to communicate events for us to go dominate, or just to meet up for some bragging and story telling. Let's give this a shot and see how it works.

Click on this link and "Subscribe To The Group" under the "Group Tools" tab on the right.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=394

Thanks,
FastFreddie