Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Scheduled for production? Or target production? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41670)

Alvin@PCMofNC 09-09-2009 06:26 PM

Scheduled for production? Or target production?

A few weeks ago my dealer called me and said that my car was scheduled for productions or target production 9/10/09. Hell maybe he said order accepted 9/10/09. I know this is a vague question but what would this mean?

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 09-09-2009 06:30 PM

Well it really depends on which he said. There is a bit of a difference.

The important thing is TPW, target production week. They have been pretty right-on.

What's your order number, I'll take a look at it.

Alvin@PCMofNC 09-09-2009 07:22 PM

NKDXC8

Thanks!

The Viz 09-09-2009 07:53 PM

your order still hasn't been picked up, it's still at 1100

Alvin@PCMofNC 09-09-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Viz (Post 903232)
your order still hasn't been picked up, it's still at 1100

Boy that sucks. I ordered May 15th. It looks like I'll be lucky to get it before Christmas!

Alvin@PCMofNC 09-09-2009 08:00 PM

Would one of you guys be so kind as to check up for me Friday? Something is supposed to happen on the 10th. I don't know its supposed to get accepted for production or what but that's what I was told anyway.

I'm getting a little frustrated, My order has been in since May 15th and I know of three guys around me who all got their cars already and all three of them ordered after me!

Y2Breeze 09-09-2009 10:30 PM

Post your order number in this thread on friday

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 09-10-2009 02:52 PM

I just checked the order #. It is still at 1100.

He might have said that he has an allocation for 9-10, which means that today your order should go to '2000', Order Accepted by GM. I had one order in the system that changed status today for this very reason.

However, if your dealer isn't very sharp it might stay in an error status due to the new back-up sensors. The dealer needs to go in and add the back-up sensor code to the order or it will show 'order failed' and your order won't get picked up.

If they had an allocation for today and if they did what they were supposed to do, your order would be at '2000' right now. It's not. It's still at 1100.

This is just my experience...and this exact thing happened to one of my orders today. Your order may be at '1100' for many other reasons. I can't tell from what I can see.

Good luck though! You have been waiting a very long time!! Something sounds very fishy to me...since three guys got theirs before you and you ordered first.

WINKSCAMARO 09-10-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_bank_robber (Post 906245)
I just checked the order #. It is still at 1100.

He might have said that he has an allocation for 9-10, which means that today your order should go to '2000', Order Accepted by GM. I had one order in the system that changed status today for this very reason.

However, if your dealer isn't very sharp it might stay in an error status due to the new back-up sensors. The dealer needs to go in and add the back-up sensor code to the order or it will show 'order failed' and your order won't get picked up.

If they had an allocation for today and if they did what they were supposed to do, your order would be at '2000' right now. It's not. It's still at 1100.

This is just my experience...and this exact thing happened to one of my orders today. Your order may be at '1100' for many other reasons. I can't tell from what I can see.

Good luck though! You have been waiting a very long time!! Something sounds very fishy to me...since three guys got theirs before you and you ordered first.

Hi Anna,

Saw your note about the back up sensor and got nervous. I called my dealer but my salesperson is out. Wonder if you might have time to answer my question. My order number is NNJMDG and I am at 3000 with a TPW of 9/21/09. Do I need to check with the dealer to see if they added the back up sensor or is my order too far to change and I shouldn't worry about it?

Thanks for your help!!

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 09-10-2009 03:17 PM

I am not sure how to answer this. I think it depends on when the order was input into the system and when it was accepted by GM.

Don't want to cause a uproar here. Leave a message for your salesperson or email them. Let them check and get back to you.

Alvin@PCMofNC 09-11-2009 10:53 AM

Would you guys mind checking up for me again since it is 1 day past when he said something would happen?

NKDXC8

I appreciate it.