Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Broke down already.. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244347)

RIFFKY9 08-16-2012 11:02 AM

Broke down already..

Just bought a brand new 2013 2LT/RS on Monday night.. drove a whopping total of 200 miles exactly until this morning on the way to work.

Driving down a 7 lane road going 45 mph the car just stalled and then completely died on me, leaving me stranded for an hour until OnStar could get someone to come tow me to the nearest dealer.

Had to be driven to work and missed out of pay because of it, so needless to say I'm beyond pissed right now.. :mad0260:

OnStar's diagnostics check of course didn't help whatsoever, go figure. All the lights, gauges and everything seem to be on and functioning, battery turns over but doesn't start the engine. Everything under the hood seemed relatively normal, but then again I was trying not to die in rush hour traffic so I couldn't investigate too thoroughly.. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the service guys whenever they "figure out" what's wrong with it.

This is just sad. I was so happy to finally earn a new car and now I feel like I just saved up for a year to buy a big shiny new turd.

strych9 08-16-2012 11:06 AM

Any new car could do this. A loose ground, loose connection, or something basic I would guess.They'll fix it, all better!

RIFFKY9 08-16-2012 12:09 PM

Yeahhhh well they finally called me back...

Something in the engine exploded and blew up a ton of pieces, some of which are missing, others are lodged somewhere in the engine itself.

This is just absolutely ridiculous. 200 miles into a car's life and it's already trashed. They are offering to replace the engine, which is going to take at least a week, and then just send me on my merry way.

They better be prepared for a fight because there's no way I'm accepting damaged goods like that that I just paid 30k for.

VenomInside 08-16-2012 12:10 PM

Sorry to hear :(

I would be very pissed off as well.

strych9 08-16-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIFFKY9 (Post 5451629)

Something in the engine exploded and blew up a ton of pieces, some of which are missing, others are lodged somewhere in the engine itself.

This is just absolutely ridiculous. 200 miles into a car's life and it's already trashed. They are offering to replace the engine, which is going to take at least a week, and then just send me on my merry way.

They better be prepared for a fight because there's no way I'm accepting damaged goods like that that I just paid 30k for.

I wish you luck. They are required to repair the vehicle they sold you, and they will. They don't owe you anything beyond that.

It's an inconvenience and disappointment, for sure. Doesn't matter if it cost $1000, $10k, or $1M dollars: man-made machinery breaks. Period.

Nvincent4708 08-16-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 5452152)
I wish you luck. They are required to repair the vehicle they sold you, and they will. They don't owe you anything beyond that.

It's an inconvenience and disappointment, for sure. Doesn't matter if it cost $1000, $10k, or $1M dollars: man-made machinery breaks. Period.

This

and they are replacing the whole engine instead of attempting a rebuild or anything.

Things that come off an assembly line just have bad odds to have a bad part here and there

look at my engine.. i had it fail because of a lifter blew apart and such.

You'll have your car back in a week or so, with an engine that has 0 miles. And i'm sure it'll be good from there.

7thmaro 08-16-2012 02:29 PM

Like strych9 mentioned, they are only required to repair the car. If I where you I would look it over with a fine tooth comb before you take it back! I have read some REAL HORROR stories on here about the so-called dealership mechanics and the fine jobs they have done for other folks. Best of luck.

RIFFKY9 08-16-2012 02:39 PM

Yes but it's the idea that I literally just bought a new car and there's already a substantial mechanical issue and service record on that car now. Even if I wanted to drive it there's always the possibility that one of those "pieces that are unaccounted for," as the mechanic stated, happen to just be elsewhere under the hood and could cause problems down the road.

I'm sorry but I just don't accept the fact that I paid 30 grand for a product and it immediately is broken. If you buy a huge tv and it breaks due to a faulty part the store will not repair it, they'll ALWAYS give you a new one and take the old busted one back.. Now why shouldn't that concept apply to a substantially larger purchase??

They're already lucky it didn't cause an accident or they'd be up shit creek..

Nvincent4708 08-16-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIFFKY9 (Post 5452276)
Yes but it's the idea that I literally just bought a new car and there's already a substantial mechanical issue and service record on that car now. Even if I wanted to drive it there's always the possibility that one of those "pieces that are unaccounted for," as the mechanic stated, happen to just be elsewhere under the hood and could cause problems down the road.

I'm sorry but I just don't accept the fact that I paid 30 grand for a product and it immediately is broken. If you buy a huge tv and it breaks due to a faulty part the store will not repair it, they'll ALWAYS give you a new one and take the old busted one back.. Now why shouldn't that concept apply to a substantially larger purchase??

They're already lucky it didn't cause an accident or they'd be up shit creek..

:bs:

They are replacing the engine as a whole.

Which means.. fresh sealed engine.

You cannot have broken metal parts from your old engine in your new engine.

And most likely it blew up inside of the block.. so I'm not sure how a part would cause an issue later anyway.

STINGER BEE 08-16-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIFFKY9 (Post 5451629)

Tell them you want a new car. with only 200 miles on it.:thumbdown:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIFFKY9 (Post 5451241)
Just bought a brand new 2013 2LT/RS on Monday night.. drove a whopping total of 200 miles exactly until this morning on the way to work.

Driving down a 7 lane road going 45 mph the car just stalled and then completely died on me, leaving me stranded for an hour until OnStar could get someone to come tow me to the nearest dealer.

Had to be driven to work and missed out of pay because of it, so needless to say I'm beyond pissed right now.. :mad0260:

OnStar's diagnostics check of course didn't help whatsoever, go figure. All the lights, gauges and everything seem to be on and functioning, battery turns over but doesn't start the engine. Everything under the hood seemed relatively normal, but then again I was trying not to die in rush hour traffic so I couldn't investigate too thoroughly.. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the service guys whenever they "figure out" what's wrong with it.

This is just sad. I was so happy to finally earn a new car and now I feel like I just saved up for a year to buy a big shiny new turd.

We apologize for the frustrations and inconveniences! Was the dealership able to diagnose the issue you experienced? Please let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

BowtieBelle 08-16-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvincent4708 (Post 5452208)
This

and they are replacing the whole engine instead of attempting a rebuild or anything.

Things that come off an assembly line just have bad odds to have a bad part here and there

look at my engine.. i had it fail because of a lifter blew apart and such.

You'll have your car back in a week or so, with an engine that has 0 miles. And i'm sure it'll be good from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvincent4708 (Post 5452316)
:bs:

They are replacing the engine as a whole.

Which means.. fresh sealed engine.

You cannot have broken metal parts from your old engine in your new engine.

And most likely it blew up inside of the block.. so I'm not sure how a part would cause an issue later anyway.

:word:

Sometimes you're just unlucky. It happens. There's a bad apple in every bunch. Let them take care of you and then go enjoy the new engine.

motorhead 08-16-2012 04:34 PM

That sucks ,but hopefully you have a good dealership that will get you back on the road.

Why does it seem like these V6's seem to grenade a lot? Or, is it just another case of only hearing the bad stuff?

toesuf94 08-16-2012 04:53 PM

If you just bought it, turn it back in under the Like it or Return it policy. I would demand a new car.

Sorry about your bad luck.