Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Loss of power/jerk somewhere between 45-55? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149227)

G.E. 05-25-2011 04:11 PM

Loss of power/jerk somewhere between 45-55?

anytime i romp on it from a low speed and it hits about 50 I guess I'm switching a gear, however it pauses and then resumes acceleration. U have the torque pushin you back then you have a large gap and you actually get pushed forward and then it kicks back in. It doesn't do it on any other gear. I have a predator tune on my car, could that have anything to do with? if so what parameter do i need to adjust?

any comments are appreciated. thanks!

O and my car is an Automatic (L99).

LS7 427 05-25-2011 04:51 PM

I'd say your bouncing off the rev limiter when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Your probably spinning the tires in 2nd and the revs get up there real fast.

Ron66Vette&10SS 05-25-2011 07:18 PM

Is it with Traction Control on, off, or in "Comp Mode?

My first guess would be that it's probably your traction control kicking in when your car is making the 1-2 shift.

slickmetal 05-25-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.E. (Post 3263457)
anytime i romp on it from a low speed and it hits about 50 I guess I'm switching a gear, however it pauses and then resumes acceleration. U have the torque pushin you back then you have a large gap and you actually get pushed forward and then it kicks back in. It doesn't do it on any other gear. I have a predator tune on my car, could that have anything to do with? if so what parameter do i need to adjust?

Try turning off ALL traction control...hold down the TC button for about 7 seconds...then give it a go...with your tune and/or mods might be making the car think the wheels are going to spin more than usual so the TC pulls timing then gives it back...I hope this works for you.

slickmetal 05-25-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS (Post 3264164)
Is it with Traction Control on, off, or in "Comp Mode?

My first guess would be that it's probably your traction control kicking in when your car is making the 1-2 shift.

hehe great minds think alike in the same minute...

Snake Slayer 05-25-2011 07:45 PM

Sound like your tune is off a bit. Had a similiary issue and my shift point needed to be tweaked. Is this happening in D or M?

G.E. 05-25-2011 08:10 PM

to answer the questions. it is in Drive. and everything is regular, traction control on and NOT in comp mode. and i don't think my wheels are slipping to be honest.

Ron66Vette&10SS 05-25-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.E. (Post 3264375)
......traction control on and NOT in comp mode. and i don't think my wheels are slipping to be honest.

Either turn everything off, like slickmetal suggested, or if you want to leave active handling on but have the Traction Control off, just momentarily push the TC button once. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on the 1-2 shift :burnrubber:

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickmetal (Post 3264170)
hehe great minds think alike in the same minute...

You got that right, even more so when I saw you're Air Force. :happy0180:
What's your AFSC? I was a KC-135 Crew Chief for 20 years.......retired in 2007. I was TDY at DM when I dropped off my last "A" model (56-3621) at the boneyard in '94 with barely 10,000 hours on it.....what a waste of a perfectly good Tanker....sad day :flag1:

Snake Slayer 05-26-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.E. (Post 3264375)
to answer the questions. it is in Drive. and everything is regular, traction control on and NOT in comp mode. and i don't think my wheels are slipping to be honest.

It sound like something is amiss in your tune. Are you working with a local tuner or did you do a mail order. Also are you using HP tuner, EFI Live or SCT?

JANNETTYRACING 05-26-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.E. (Post 3263457)

What your Feeling is Transmission torque management, unfortunately there are no parameters to adjust with a Predator.

It is Best to return the car to stock and sell off your Predator and Purchase an SCT X3 from me then I can tune your Engine and Transmission to Perfection and give you the Performance you expect out of your L99.

Ted.