Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Houston Auto Show - Silver & Yellow Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12245)

txcamarogirl 01-24-2009 02:58 PM

Houston Auto Show - Silver & Yellow Camaros

5 Attachment(s)
The camaros were the only cars with big groups of people around them. I will attach some pics.

D Brown 01-24-2009 03:18 PM

Houston Auto Show

Long time listener first time caller. I just got back from the Houston Auto Show and I'm only upset about one thing. They had two camaros there and both were roped off. I was hoping to sit in one but i guess not. They had a yellow 1SS/RS that was beautiful, and then they had a entry level V6 with some interesting wheels on it. I took my Nikon D90 SLR with a polarized lens on it and got some great shots. No cluster gauges in the 1SS/RS but they did have the spoiler on it!!! I was a little surprised about the gauges. I have long been debating on what color to get because they all look great and to be honest I was getting a little annoyed with the CGM guys. But then the ZR1 in CGM was at the auto show and WOW:bow: That sealed the deal on the color right away. Even the wife was in love with it! The only question is....how would it look with black stripes? The photos are a little large, I will try to get them all uploaded but im not sure if its possable.

D Brown

D Brown 01-24-2009 03:21 PM

photos...TBA, having a security token issue it seems

mmarcum 01-24-2009 03:29 PM

I don't care what anyone says, that yellow is beautiful! Exactly what I ordered today.

TomServo 01-24-2009 03:34 PM

Roped off - bummer. I'm guessing no one was allowed to sit it them???

gtjacket 01-24-2009 03:37 PM

I think the yellow would look good with stripes, but it looks to plain without them

Hoss 01-24-2009 03:46 PM

It does look like ropped off Camaro cars...this is Bull Shit!!! Let us sit in the damn cars!!!

PQ 01-24-2009 04:02 PM

Crying with a loaf of bread under each arm? :laugh:

I would kill just to see one in person. Down here in Bama, not much opp. to see one. :(

ucla1ove3 01-24-2009 04:06 PM

i went and saw it today too, ill upload my pics in a minute but yeah it sucked that we couldn't sit in them... its cause the interior was not finished on them... i spotted the yellow from a mile away and was amazed when i got up close to it... i happily corrected SEVERAL people who thought the new mustang was the better buy.

gac458 01-24-2009 04:29 PM

Just got back from the Houston auto show and I am still pumped about the looks of the Yellow 1SS. Now I really can't wait for my Cyber Grey 2SS. I can only imagine how sweet it is going to look if the ZR1 sitting next to the camaro display is anything close to the CGM color. Met a couple of camaro5 companions at the show and had a great chat. Got to help some show visitors by answering lots of questions about the car. I passes along our great site to those that had lots of questions about the Camaro. This site is so awesome.... Those of us from the site knew more information about the Camaro than the GM people at the show.

ucla1ove3 01-24-2009 04:30 PM

gac, you live like a mile from me. im in fwood. on the League city border.

gac458 01-24-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 (Post 261341)
gac, you live like a mile from me. im in fwood. on the League city border.

Once I get my CGM 2SS I plan on taking it up to the Target on 2094 in Kemah on the first Saturday night I have it. They kinda have an informal classic car gathering there every Saturday night. I hope to be the very first SS owner to have one to show off in front of all the other classics, mine will be the newest classic. Have you ever been up there to check out any of the cars?

ucla1ove3 01-24-2009 09:49 PM

No. I just moved here over the summer from Los Angeles, so I am still learning where all the goodies are. Would you mind calling me or something when you get your car so I could come check it out? I really want to see CGM up close and personal on the Camaro, and of course meet a fellow camaro5 member who is as hyped up about this car as I am. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OldTimer 01-24-2009 10:45 PM

My pics of the Yellow 1SS

9 Attachment(s)
I will try not to duplicate too many pictures.