Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   lowering springs oc Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248273)

Lio Martinez 09-04-2012 09:04 PM

lowering springs oc Camaro 1LE

So I placed a preliminary order for the camaro 1LE and in the pictures I noticed the height of the car looks the same as the SS in my own opinion.. I have read tons of articles about the 1LE and the improvements on suspension from the SS from sway bars, links etc... But i gave heard nothing about the springs...

I would love the look that i have on my current Camaro with the eibach lowering springs so before I trade it tobtge dealership I'm taking all parts off. I dont know if I shoukd keep the springs and replace them from the onda the 1LE.will have ? Or what's the best springs for camaros at the moment ?

Also I have the hotchkiss max strut bar .... Should I take off the one from the 1LE and replace it with it ? Will handling be better or will I mess up the car? Is anyine else gonna lower their 1LE's?

toehead93 09-04-2012 09:27 PM

I wouldnt trust the website for an accurate rendering, it is just a tool to help us visualize the color schemes. I was wondering the same though, i assume the 1LE sits lower and after looking at some pics i believe it is, but this is my opinion. I love the idea of coilovers to adjust ride height and damping rates or adjustable sway bars but i plan to leave the suspension untouched. I dont see one strut bar being that much better than another but i personally would keep he stock bar ad sell the other.

nak3dsnake 09-04-2012 09:43 PM

The 1LE runs with the same springs as the stock SS. I have confirmed this. I would keep the stock 1LE strut bar, there's no need for anything more unless you want to have an aftermarket one. That and the one you have really isn't compatible with the new type of strut towers. As for lowering springs you'll have to get a set for the V8. Eibach makes springs specific to each models engine as the v6 is lighter. For springs Pedders, Pfadt, Hotchkis, BMR and Eibach are all good brands.

Lio Martinez 09-04-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 5534103)
I wouldnt trust the website for an accurate rendering, it is just a tool to help us visualize the color schemes. I was wondering the same though, i assume the 1LE sits lower and after looking at some pics i believe it is, but this is my opinion. I love the idea of coilovers to adjust ride height and damping rates or adjustable sway bars but i plan to leave the suspension untouched. I dont see one strut bar being that much better than another but i personally would keep he stock bar ad sell the other.

Yeah u aré right the smart thing will be to leave the strut bar alone.... I mean GM already figured out how to make the suspension great.

Lio Martinez 09-04-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nak3dsnake (Post 5534177)
The 1LE runs with the same springs as the stock SS. I have confirmed this. I would keep the stock 1LE strut bar, there's no need for anything more unless you want to have an aftermarket one. That and the one you have really isn't compatible with the new type of strut towers. As for lowering springs you'll have to get a set for the V8. Eibach makes springs specific to each models engine as the v6 is lighter. For springs Pedders, Pfadt, Hotchkis, BMR and Eibach are all good brands.

That's weird when I got the springs from eibach I was told was the same for v6 and ss. I have to double check. Thanks for the tip... And which is the brand that people serm.to be happy the most ? And I'm looking to drop about 2 inch but don't know if that will be too much