Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Service Stabilitrak and Flashing CEL (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455707)

Tmick5jr 06-08-2016 08:12 PM

Service Stabilitrak and Flashing CEL

I have 45k miles on my lfx v6 Camaro and today for the second time in the past two months my car started shaking when coming down to idle. While it was shaking I got a flashing CEL and a service stabilitrak message. I was just wondering why its this is happening and how can I prevent it? Maybe a misfire? Start by changing out all the spark plugs? Both times this happened I just restarted my car and everything was fine, like it never even happened. Ever since day one, ive only used full synthetic mobil 1 oil, and nothing less than 93 octane since ive owned the car. I also have been using a catch can since the car was bought new. just wondering what steps I should take going forward. this same problem actually just happened to my neighbor today too so we could use the help. thanks

Rock-It Man 06-08-2016 08:56 PM

Don't spend money changing anything until you know what the diagnostic codes are. Call On Star or see your dealer.

BTW, why are you using 93 octane in a V6? It is of no benefit.

Tmick5jr 06-08-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock-It Man (Post 9140353)
Don't spend money changing anything until you know what the diagnostic codes are. Call On Star or see your dealer.

BTW, why are you using 93 octane in a V6? It is of no benefit.

just got the code read P0300. Its a misfire code. that was using my buddys EFI Live tuning module. If I go to an auto parts store can they read it and tell me specifically which cylinder? his efi cant do that. and also my 36k warranty is up. Would this be covered under my 100k powertrain?

Dizzy82 06-08-2016 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmick5jr (Post 9140399)
just got the code read P0300. Its a misfire code. that was using my buddys EFI Live tuning module. If I go to an auto parts store can they read it and tell me specifically which cylinder? his efi cant do that. and also my 36k warranty is up. Would this be covered under my 100k powertrain?

Depends on your mods and your dealership.

Tmick5jr 06-09-2016 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy82 (Post 9140572)
Depends on your mods and your dealership.

i don't get it. I did 4 passes at the track the other night and everything was fine. you'd think ide get the misfire when my foots to the floor right??

JerTM 06-09-2016 09:16 AM

A p0300 only indicated the PCM has detected a misfire but not which specific cylinder/s. If you can get a misfire count for all cylinders you could locate which one/s have the highest count and go from there. Being a v6 I would suspect a coil given your description, but don't change any parts until you can be certain you are changing the correct part. Often on the 3.6 you'll get a misfire from a coil under certain conditions which can be hard to duplicate.

KevHao 06-09-2016 10:56 PM

Check the spark plugs. Same thing happened to my ss 3 times in 1 year due to a loose plug.