Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Is it appropriate to ask for donation for parts? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296638)

Minge 05-20-2013 02:26 PM

Is it appropriate to ask for donation for parts?

I have a couple hundred dollars worth of items I am willing to give to someone but I would like to ask the person to give a donation to the Red Cross or Humane Society in return. Would this be acceptable in this forum or not?

It is not my intention to irritate anyone just wanted to pass along some brand new stuff I decided not to use for a small charitable donation but was not sure if this would be frowned on or not.

ajp 05-20-2013 02:27 PM

Why dont you set a fair price for the items, and then donate yourself?

bw26ss 05-20-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajp (Post 6566888)
Why dont you set a fair price for the items, and then donate yourself?

:word:

c_LoW29 05-20-2013 02:37 PM

well if a person donates and recieves a item they can also claim that donation on their taxes as well.

SeriouslySinning 05-20-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minge (Post 6566881)
I have a couple hundred dollars worth of items I am willing to give to someone but I would like to ask the person to give a donation to the Red Cross or Humane Society in return. Would this be acceptable in this forum or not?

It is not my intention to irritate anyone just wanted to pass along some brand new stuff I decided not to use for a small charitable donation but was not sure if this would be frowned on or not.

I am up for this... Whatcha got? lol

I am an accountant so anything that is deductible is great ha ha

nyrfan 05-20-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minge (Post 6566881)

I see NP with this. Let me know what you got and I'd be down to donate to the HS.

Jalberdi99 05-20-2013 03:25 PM

i'll donate if i like what u have

Bounty600 05-21-2013 01:35 PM

That's funny nyrfan, on pages 39-41 of the PIF thread you seem very against it? Flip-flopping for some personal gain there guy? Minge, it's a great idea, I wish you the best of luck finding someone who actually deserves your parts.

nyrfan 05-21-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounty600 (Post 6570796)
That's funny nyrfan, on pages 39-41 of the PIF thread you seem very against it? Flip-flopping for some personal gain there guy? Minge, it's a great idea, I wish you the best of luck finding someone who actually deserves your parts.

I would love for you to show me the thread where I am against someone asking for a charitable donation for giving away an item, please point this out to me. There is no flip-flop with me so good luck with that.

Lets clarify my posts on page 41 on the PIF thread (as it's there for all to see): What I was against was you coming to a PIF thread and "asking" for items.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

MackMan 05-21-2013 03:30 PM

I'd be down. Always up for donating to a charity. :D

sruff26 05-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning (Post 6566957)
I am up for this... Whatcha got? lol

I am an accountant so anything that is deductible is great ha ha

Quid pro quo isnt technically tax deductible if you really wanna know....

SeriouslySinning 05-21-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sruff26 (Post 6571330)
Quid pro quo isnt technically tax deductible if you really wanna know....

Well you are giving the money to a charity. The fact that a third party is giving you a gift is a grey area. If you want to get technical you could deduct the donation but have to claim the value of the part as a gift. Can we not analyze this one to the bone. You KNOW everyone is gonna claim the donation whether it is right or wrong lol :frusty:

sruff26 05-21-2013 03:54 PM

LOL i know they will, i am bored and i felt like feeling smart! so i figured i would throw it out there. Thanks for the response!

SeriouslySinning 05-21-2013 03:57 PM

Im an accountant. It is hard for us to let something like that go lol Tax returns are a joke. I have seen some crazy stuff ha ha ha