Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   ProChargers Super Charger COMING SOON!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16976)

FoxMarketingCars 03-28-2009 06:05 PM

ProChargers Super Charger COMING SOON!!

Team,

I talked to my buddy who owns ProCharger on Friday and as soon as I get my car I am taking to ProCharger so they can develop a Supercharger for it. They will have a high boost kit so people can run from 500hp-1000hp. This kit will also be intercooled for the most performance. Camaro boys love making POWER!!

blackedout010 03-28-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxMarketingCars (Post 369307)
Team,

I talked to my buddy who owns ProCharger on Friday and as soon as I get my car I am taking to ProCharger so they can develop a Supercharger for it. They will have a high boost kit so people can run from 500hp-1000hp. This kit will also be intercooled for the most performance. Camaro boys love making POWER!!

nice!!! keep us informed

Milk 1027 03-28-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Team,

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackedout010 (Post 369317)
nice!!! keep us informed

yup let us know how it goes.

SAUCE 03-28-2009 11:09 PM

I know its early and wont have actual prices until its built but any price range give or take plus installation??

mike@newera 03-29-2009 12:21 AM

Hopefully they will make a nice big front mount intercooler instead of the small twin intercoolers used in the past, which will definitely not support high horsepower. Procharger products are the best centrifigul supercharger systems around, just some minor things to upgrade will make them even better, please do this!

SRFnSNO 03-29-2009 07:17 AM

Was there any word that it will fit with the stock hood?
Or will a after market hood be required like with some of the Corvette SC's.

Codefive 03-29-2009 08:19 AM

Using the LS3 C6 as a guide, a standard polished intercooled P1 kit should run you about $8000 installed. That should yield a pleasant and reliable 150 additional rear wheel ponies :D For a few hundred dollars more, you can upgrade to the D1. This is reccomended if you plan on modding the engine and are looking for higher gains later. There should also be a bar & plate sheetmetal intercooler option for the hard core people.

BTW ... Jason @ ATI has stated that several people have inquired about development and he has a running list of people who have offered thier vehicles. He also said the FIRST person with a car to come through the door will be welcomed with open arms and while he is NOT one of the owners, he IS in charge of sheduling development cars.

Unforunately, the Camaro is significantly different from the G8 with regards to this system so complete development will be required. Jason just happens to own a G8 personally and they have looked over the Camaros thoroughly at various shows so they are have a pretty good idea that the existing kit will not work. But you can be sure, they plan on hitting this project full speed the minute they get a donor car.

Mr Fox, which one is your buddy? Ken or Dan?

Gary B 03-29-2009 10:13 AM

Does Jason have anyone locked in yet for a donor car? How do we contact him?

Codefive 03-29-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary B (Post 370107)
Does Jason have anyone locked in yet for a donor car? How do we contact him?

No one is "locked in". If he locked you in for example, and you didnt get your car until July lets say (for what ever reason) mean while a dozen other people had thiers ... that would be a bad move on his part. He said he will welcome the FIRST person who HAS a car. My guess is that they will want both an auto and a stick.

You can call Pro-Charger and ask for him, you may get voice mail, just leave him a message saying you want to be on the list of perspectives and notify him when you take delivery. I'm sure there is other pertinent information you will want to know regarding this, he should be able to answer all of your questions. (913) 338-2886 www.procharger.com

Gary B 03-29-2009 03:35 PM

I hear what you mean about being "locked" in. I'll have to give him a ring to get some details. Thanks

r0cketdr 03-29-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Team,

1000 hp seems a little excessive.

On second thought ... maybe not. Can't wait to see my wife's reaction :D

Codefive 03-29-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0cketdr (Post 371195)
1000 hp seems a little excessive.

On second thought ... maybe not. Can't wait to see my wife's reaction :D

It IS excessive, especially if you think you are going to do it with your stock LS3.
With an F1 on a 427 and 16-18 psi, you can hit that mark. But on a stock LS3 ... it aint gonna happen. No way, no how!