Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Post your local car shows/get togethers here! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33111)

H3LLJumper 07-18-2009 03:29 PM

Post your local car shows/get togethers here!

I'll start. There's a car show get together every Friday at the Chic-fil-a in Sterling, VA. It's behind Dulles Town Center mall and it starts around 5:45. Pretty big turn out every time! We fill a whole Lowes parking lot!

NYG71 07-20-2009 07:18 PM

I was there with my IOM next to Lectra's IBM on 7/17/09. Our cars were magnets.

Lectra 07-20-2009 08:19 PM

We were freaking celebrities, it was amazing!

cmgolfr212 07-20-2009 11:14 PM

Hey I might roll out there this Friday...look out for a black ss with grey stripes

H3LLJumper 07-22-2009 08:10 AM

I go out there every friday except the 17th! My car has been a magnet for the 7 weeks i've had it. It's fun!

73camarolt 07-24-2009 12:05 PM

1st and 3rd sadurday in every month jimme cone in mount aiy MD

cmgolfr212 07-24-2009 08:37 PM

anyone thats been to sterling seen the kid with the black ss/rs with the one orange stripe down the driver's side???

NTGILTY 07-25-2009 06:08 PM

Glory days in bowie every monday starting around 515...usually a pretty good crowd

H3LLJumper 07-25-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgolfr212 (Post 719978)
anyone thats been to sterling seen the kid with the black ss/rs with the one orange stripe down the driver's side???

That's me ;P

cmgolfr212 07-25-2009 11:13 PM

Dude, I was at that car meet in sterling this friday the 24th.....

I dont want to be a hater but dude come on. I mean like I respect the fact that you had a 2ss w/rs because I had the other 2ss there at the show, but please take off the warcraft license plate. Also, its really cheesey to take pictures of people looking at your car and also doing your "hidaway license plate" thing when people walk past to scare them and flash your lights. You might want to check and make sure that the guy that painted your orange stripe on did it straight because there is a thread on ls1tech making fun of your car. I was there with all my F-body buddies and just wished you represented the 2010 Camaro's a better way. I would not be bringing this up had not someone approached be when it started raining (as i was getting into my car) and said that someone better teach the kid with the orange striped camaro some common courtesy...

Just in future meets, please do not show up and flaunt what you got; just appreciate the attention rather than flaunt it. No hard feelings.
Chris

AbsolutHank 07-27-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTGILTY (Post 722456)
Glory days in bowie every monday starting around 515...usually a pretty good crowd

I was there tonight in my car...I didn't see any Camaro's though:iono:

H3LLJumper 07-28-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgolfr212 (Post 723117)
Dude, I was at that car meet in sterling this friday the 24th.....

I dont want to be a hater but dude come on. I mean like I respect the fact that you had a 2ss w/rs because I had the other 2ss there at the show, but please take off the warcraft license plate. Also, its really cheesey to take pictures of people looking at your car and also doing your "hidaway license plate" thing when people walk past to scare them and flash your lights. You might want to check and make sure that the guy that painted your orange stripe on did it straight because there is a thread on ls1tech making fun of your car. I was there with all my F-body buddies and just wished you represented the 2010 Camaro's a better way. I would not be bringing this up had not someone approached be when it started raining (as i was getting into my car) and said that someone better teach the kid with the orange striped camaro some common courtesy...

Just in future meets, please do not show up and flaunt what you got; just appreciate the attention rather than flaunt it. No hard feelings.
Chris

"please take off the warcraft license plate"...uh...no? I'll keep it on because I like it. It's my car, not yours or anyone elses. Yes. The stripe is painted on straight. It's the car's width that makes it not seem as straight when looking at it head on.

Don't flaunt it? Isn't that what you were doing by driving up in your SS to a car show? Show off your car, look at other cars, and talk to other enthusiasts? And that wasn't me taking pictures or putting the license plate up, it was my buddy. Though, it was pretty funny. What was I doing that wasn't "common courtesy"? I have only had complements. No one seems to come up to criticize me. Are they too scared to seem jealous to my face? Not sure. Next time, think it through a bit. ANYWHO! Sorry if you're jealous.

P.S.
What's wrong with cheesy? It's funny as hell seeing people's reactions.

Nezacant 07-28-2009 05:32 PM

:popcorn:

H3LLJumper 07-28-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nezacant (Post 732292)
:popcorn:

:sm0:

FO3 ftw, btw.