Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many ABMs? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100065)

sstnt 08-13-2010 04:57 PM

#03466, built April 15, 2009 (yeah, I know...probably not tax day in Canada though) ;0)

mjdodd1107 08-13-2010 08:14 PM

My VIN is 61370

GEEo 08-13-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friskyshouse (Post 2209385)
My ABM went camping

:w00t: Im so jealous that you have the ABM!

stompyss 08-14-2010 05:57 AM

thanks for the info venom

PAUL SS 08-14-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomZ302 (Post 2209066)
I've got the information. There was a letter from Oshawa stating that there are 3610 ABM 2010 Camaros. I've got a list of all of them, with their VINs. Therefore, give me your VIN and I'll tell you what number produced you were. Mine was #438/3610.

Where did you get the number of 3610 abm's built, was it from spastic squirrel? If so, that may only represent U.S. bound Cars as Canadian bound cars did not show up on the squirrel. If 3610 are just U.S. cars, how many were built for Canada sales and what is the total abm count? If 3610 is indeed the total abm count, how many were destined for the U.S.? Questions, questions, questions. Curious minds want to know.

kingsnakes2LT 08-14-2010 08:53 PM

Old subject -Can not get accurate numbers????

This is an old subject.
See the link below for a thread I started back in December of 09.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...l+ABM+Produced

If you read through this thread you'll see that the total number of ABM produced reported back on Jan. 10, 2010 was 3719 as reported by Camaro5 member "HOOPER".

In the same thread it was stated by Camaro5 member "mulehead7", that GM would release the final production numbers for ABM in June 2010.

Now in this new thread Camaro5 member "VenomZ302" claims there are 3610 ABM produced based on some letter from Oshawa.

I am not trying to attack anyone, or anthing like that, I am just a little pissed that we can not get any of the GM officials to make the anouncement of the total number of Aqua Blue Metalic Camaros produced. All cars, all exports to all countries, and all trim and option combinations.

I work in the Automotive Supplier industry. I know that Oshawa Production Control knows exactly how many ABM were produced, and in exactly what option/trim combinations. So why can't we get an official announcement from GM?

We are the owners of ABM, and we are some of the first 5th Gen Camaros purchased. I believe we deserve an official announcement by someone from GM like Scott Settlemeyer, Cheryl Pilcher , or John Fritzpatrick.

Remember, many of us purchased our cars without ever seeing the actual color on the car. We purchased the color, and the car, because we loved the new 5th Gen Camaro. We deserve to know how many of them there are in the world.

I ask all of Camaro5 members to help us get an official announcement on CAMARO5 for the production numbers of the Aqua Blue Metalic Camaro.

3CamarosOnHand 08-14-2010 09:05 PM

I agree...it would be nice to have an OFFICIAL number from GM. I would like to believe it is 3610. I don't know why since it is discontinued this number cannot be out in the open. We should know. I'm going to Oshawa this week maybe someone there knows?? Will try to press more on the total numbers....

VenomZ302 08-15-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 2218544)
Where did you get the number of 3610 abm's built, was it from spastic squirrel? If so, that may only represent U.S. bound Cars as Canadian bound cars did not show up on the squirrel. If 3610 are just U.S. cars, how many were built for Canada sales and what is the total abm count? If 3610 is indeed the total abm count, how many were destined for the U.S.? Questions, questions, questions. Curious minds want to know.

Yes, my list is from spastic squirrel, but it also has some Canada-bound cars as well. There do seem to be some cars missing from the list, though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsnakes2LT (Post 2220460)
If you read through this thread you'll see that the total number of ABM produced reported back on Jan. 10, 2010 was 3719 as reported by Camaro5 member "HOOPER".

In the same thread it was stated by Camaro5 member "mulehead7", that GM would release the final production numbers for ABM in June 2010.

Now in this new thread Camaro5 member "VenomZ302" claims there are 3610 ABM produced based on some letter from Oshawa.

I am not trying to attack anyone, or anthing like that, I am just a little pissed that we can not get any of the GM officials to make the anouncement of the total number of Aqua Blue Metalic Camaros produced. All cars, all exports to all countries, and all trim and option combinations.

I work in the Automotive Supplier industry. I know that Oshawa Production Control knows exactly how many ABM were produced, and in exactly what option/trim combinations. So why can't we get an official announcement from GM?

We are the owners of ABM, and we are some of the first 5th Gen Camaros purchased. I believe we deserve an official announcement by someone from GM like Scott Settlemeyer, Cheryl Pilcher , or John Fritzpatrick.

Remember, many of us purchased our cars without ever seeing the actual color on the car. We purchased the color, and the car, because we loved the new 5th Gen Camaro. We deserve to know how many of them there are in the world.

I ask all of Camaro5 members to help us get an official announcement on CAMARO5 for the production numbers of the Aqua Blue Metalic Camaro.

3719 may be the official number, since I've already come across a few that aren't on my list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Judge
Venom

I really wish i could offer you a 100% guaranteed answer on the ABM's with regards to a final number , but the 3610 was the number advertised so i stuck with that total . Now if you include the CTF cars before production started that may or may not change things . The one thing you can take to the bank is all of you who own an ABM are in a very rare club , i know of many fans of the Camaro who are looking for a used ABM , they are in demand.

Best regards from Canada

Mike

This is what I got from the one who sent the letter with a signed print, so I'm not sure who you'd have to talk to to get the accurate data.

BrianGriffin78 08-15-2010 08:24 AM

I love taking my car to the local car shows. People love the color and since the color is rare I am usually the only ABM there.

VenomZ302 08-15-2010 07:24 PM

Note: If the real count is 3716, your numbers may change a bit. If I can come up with a verified final count, I'll adjust the numbers and let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattmiller85 (Post 2214611)
VIN: 80593

Yours should be #3442.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketman 12 (Post 2215356)
Here's mine: 45437 delivered Sept. 17 :chevy:

Yours should be #1340.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger (Post 2215395)
Cool info Venom #4908 here

Hmmm... I thought I had you on my list, but I guess not. Best I can tell, yours is #14.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstnt (Post 2216615)
#03466, built April 15, 2009 (yeah, I know...probably not tax day in Canada though) ;0)

Yours should be #9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjdodd1107 (Post 2217289)
My VIN is 61370

Yours should be #2274.

CaniacFan 08-15-2010 07:46 PM

Very interesting information... I hope you guys/gals get the true tally from GM. That is some neat stuff. And your ABM is a rare breed, indeed.

kingsnakes2LT 08-18-2010 04:06 AM

Scott is working on getting us the numbers.

I sent one of our moderators "TAG UR IT" a PM asking if he could assist in getting us the production numbers for the ABM.

TAG UR IT replied with the following message from Scott Settlemire:

"Quoted directly from Scott yesterday.

we are sending numbers over to Camaro White Book - and when we do I'll try to break some of them down.........a matter of time getting to it......"

Hopfully it will not be long and we will have an official production number.

mpsheedy 08-18-2010 11:02 AM

I have 41820 2 SS/RS :D

Tessa 08-18-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsnakes2LT (Post 2220460)
This is an old subject.
See the link below for a thread I started back in December of 09.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...l+ABM+Produced

I think this would be nice for ALL cars....Colors/trims etc etc...I know Spastic Squirrel has info but - that doesn't include Canada so....I could have like 50 more of my car running around out there.....I really wanna know if she really is only 1 of 8 or like 1 of 700 ya know?? :laugh:

Plus, it'd be interesting to see -- I know there's a thread out there with graphs and stuff -- but the numbers don't really add up so....I kinda want a Spastic Squirrel....but....you know....accurate....