Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Certificate of Origin for a vehicle (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23016)

edog 05-15-2009 10:25 PM

Certificate of Origin for a vehicle

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone get a "certificate of origin for a vehicle"?

I went by my dealer today, and we talked for a little while. He showed me the invoice they received from GM, and it showed a due by date at the bottom. The due date said 051809. He says we are getting close, but it could be another week or two.

Also, he pulled out a rather authentic looking piece of paper. It was a Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle. If you did not get one, you should ask your dealer for it. This is the first car I have ordered. It was pretty cool to get this.

It contains a good deal of info:
date of 1st invoice
invoice number
VIN#/year/make
body type/shipping weight
h.p. (sae)/g.v.w.r/no. cyls./series or model

It then states:
I, the undersigned authorized representative of the company, firm or corporation named below, hereby certify that the new vehicle described above is the property of the said company, firm or corporation and is transferred on the above date and under the invoice number indicated to the following distributor or dealer.

Name of Dealership
customer workbench order number

It is further certified that this was the first transfer of such new vehicle in ordinary trade and commerce.

This vehicle has a fifty state emissions system.
It is then signed off by a GM authorized representative

I think it is really cool. He has a folder for me with all the stuff together. It will go great with the scrap book my wife will do (maybe) for the car. :thumbup:

cam2fst4u 05-15-2009 10:28 PM

thats pretty cool you got that... I thought they had to keep those or send them in to the dmv for the title?

Die Zielscheibe 05-15-2009 10:30 PM

All that i know is that u get the "certificate of Origin" instead of the title if its new

edog 05-15-2009 10:44 PM

Not sure. I had him copy it for me. When the car comes in I will get the original document, I think. Does any dealers know?

cam2fst4u 05-15-2009 10:46 PM

I was pretty sure they go to the DMV but again i dont know for sure. and thanks for turning it right side up... :thumbsup:

Vash 05-15-2009 11:05 PM

Maybe because it's a Vin 2 (imported)?

prostreet67 05-15-2009 11:10 PM

GM does not issue a title that is proof that car has been built. In Tn. it goes to dmv

CTS 05-16-2009 06:25 AM

Original goes to DMV. Motor vehicle, trailers , ATV or anything licensed or titled by a state requires a Certificate of Origin. That's proof the dealer legitimately acquired the vehicle from the manufacturer.