Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   SS back in dealer service for multiple issues (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165727)

VaderSS 08-17-2011 10:39 AM

SS back in dealer service for multiple issues

Back to the dealer again :facepalm:

Hesitation/slight bucking at 2k rpms after a cold start. Maf, fuel delivery, who knows.

Intermittent ipod/usb connectivity issue - sometimes it just won't recognize or play the ipod until I turn off the car and unplug/replug the usb. Already had it in for this issue; dealer said my PDIM hw/sw were updated and correct. Discovered that my PDIM hw is version CB, sw is version CC. Not the current versions (which are HW DD / SW DB. Service writer says "The PDIM doesn't control the ipod; it's run through the BCU". [insert buzzer sound here] :bs:

Both cigarette lighters stopped working - I don't smoke, but I'd like to be able to charge my phone while traveling.

A/C issues - rattling noise from the dash at highway speeds (stops when you turn off the fan) - whining/moaning sound (almost sounds like gear whine) that changes with RPM's & also a high pitched whine that sounds like alternator (but stops with the a/c off).

Vibration felt in seat & wheel at highway speeds - more noticeable under acceleration from about 70-80mph.

Rattling, noisy shifter. Mostly when temps are above 90. Very noisy under acceleration. Fourth visit for this problem (partially corrected on third visit).

2nd gear "crunch" when shifting....even with the clutch all the way to the floor. Intermittent. Possibly synchro issue. Third visit for this issue (which they seem to have a hard time admitting is actually an issue).

Sunroof deflector guides have rubbed down through the coating to the metal - binding.

2010 2SS - 11k miles. Sure wish I was lucky enough to have purchased one of those "trouble free" Camaros I hear tale about...lol.

caligrown562 08-17-2011 11:18 AM

I also have a slight hesitation on cold start but I am a v6. Let me know what they say cuz it could be a similar issue. Thanks

CyberDan 08-17-2011 12:01 PM

Damn.... F**k-it list... Hope everything works out.

WiccaJew 08-17-2011 12:23 PM

I have a lot of hesitiation after a cold start. Let me know what they say

Bluffen 08-17-2011 01:36 PM

My usb has melted 2 Ipod cords, not sure if it was because they were old so I just bought a new one and will see. also my cigarette lighter is coming out. I have my iphone charger in it and when I pulled it out it started to come out.

My shifter has a vibration problem but this is common with stick shifts. I had to have my oil pan seal replaced it started to leak and the dealer told me it is because chevy uses bs gaskets at the factory.

also my seat belt in back does not latch..no hesitation issues could be the gas your using I use nothing but 76 or Chevron 91 octane here in Cali. Arco gas is the WORST...and if you have any moisture build up due to weather issues this could cause it also. check your spark plug wires make sure there is not a small bare spot caused from the heat of the engine. some of the 2010 vehicles oil cooler is not doing the job right.

ipimpthisc 08-17-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaderSS (Post 3629939)

Hesitation/slight bucking at 2k rpms after a cold start. Maf, fuel delivery, who knows.

Intermittent ipod/usb connectivity issue - sometimes it just won't recognize or play the ipod until I turn off the car and unplug/replug the usb. Already had it in for this issue; dealer said my PDIM hw/sw were updated and correct. Discovered that my PDIM hw is version CB, sw is version CC. Not the current versions (which are HW DD / SW DB. Service writer says "The PDIM doesn't control the ipod; it's run through the BCU". [insert buzzer sound here] :bs:

Both cigarette lighters stopped working - I don't smoke, but I'd like to be able to charge my phone while traveling.

A/C issues - rattling noise from the dash at highway speeds (stops when you turn off the fan) - whining/moaning sound (almost sounds like gear whine) that changes with RPM's & also a high pitched whine that sounds like alternator (but stops with the a/c off).

Vibration felt in seat & wheel at highway speeds - more noticeable under acceleration from about 70-80mph.

Rattling, noisy shifter. Mostly when temps are above 90. Very noisy under acceleration. Fourth visit for this problem (partially corrected on third visit).

2nd gear "crunch" when shifting....even with the clutch all the way to the floor. Intermittent. Possibly synchro issue. Third visit for this issue (which they seem to have a hard time admitting is actually an issue).

Sunroof deflector guides have rubbed down through the coating to the metal - binding.

2010 2SS - 11k miles. Sure wish I was lucky enough to have purchased one of those "trouble free" Camaros I hear tale about...lol.

holy cow i have at least half of ur issues, i just live with it...i cant do the back and forth thing...i hate dealers:mad0260:

VaderSS 08-17-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipimpthisc (Post 3631041)
holy cow i have at least half of ur issues, i just live with it...i cant do the back and forth thing...i hate dealers:mad0260:

It's a pain in the ass, but I want to get this stuff all fixed under warranty so I can sell the car. Transmission was replaced at 3,100 miles; radio failed and was replaced; extra spoiler nuts were rattling around in the decklid; missing thrust washers were installed to eliminate that popping sound at the half shafts....the list goes on.....and on.....and on....

FINALLYSATISFIED 08-17-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaderSS (Post 3629939)

Intermittent ipod/usb connectivity issue - sometimes it just won't recognize or play the ipod until I turn off the car and unplug/replug the usb. Already had it in for this issue; dealer said my PDIM hw/sw were updated and correct. Discovered that my PDIM hw is version CB, sw is version CC. Not the current versions (which are HW DD / SW DB. Service writer says "The PDIM doesn't control the ipod; it's run through the BCU". [insert buzzer sound here] :bs:Both cigarette lighters stopped working - I don't smoke, but I'd like to be able to charge my phone while traveling.

Sorry about your issues, especially you replacing the transmission. Once that happens the car will never be the same atleast in my eyes. I would have been extremely upset knowing that a brand new car needed a brand new transmission. I would have opted to see if GM could replace the car entirely.

But the BOLD item, is a common problem. I'm having the same issue. I just got the PDIM software updated but obviously after me telling them its not going to work, they decided to try it anyway. Now i'm in the process of moving and I need to find a local chevrolet dealer and hopefully they'll just order a new one and it'll fix everything.

VaderSS 08-18-2011 07:36 AM

Dropped the car off at 8am yesterday. Never heard a word from the dealer about progress, estimated time of completion, etc. <sigh>

Rock-It Man 08-18-2011 08:40 AM

I have a 2010 with a USB "issue".

Here's what works for me with no software upgrade: always turn the iPod on manually before plugging into car's USB interface.

VaderSS 08-18-2011 11:07 AM

Called the service writer. The only info he had was that they had ordered a new a/c belt. No resolution or progress on any of the other issues. Yet, he still says they plan to have the car ready today.

caramaro1969 08-18-2011 11:18 AM

i think i would trade it in and get rid of it. that's too bad you got a lemon. i think they threw these cars together as 2010 models so i waited for a 2011. sorry hope it gets fixed and done in a timely manner,the right dealership to work with makes all the difference in the world.i use gwatney chevrolet in jacksonville,arkansas they are hands down the best i've been to

TheHorse13 08-18-2011 11:26 AM

Where and how do you find the PDIM hw/sw versions?

VaderSS 08-18-2011 11:34 AM

Just talked to service again to discuss the necessary PDIM upgrade. I figured I could save some time if they ordered PDIM part number 22797218 which gives DB hardware and DD software. Currently, I have CB hardware and CC software. Service writer won't order the part until the technician figures out the problem and finds the technical references (which I've already offered to send him). Same guy who thought the ipod connectivity was controlled by the BCU (not the pdim).

I just said, "Ok, call me when the technician tells you he needs to order new PDIM hardware....let me know how long it's going to take to get the part".

Second dealer attempt to resolve (first time they said I had the most updated hw/sw...which was incorrect). Known issue. TSB issued. Takes ten seconds to check versions. Known resolution requires an upgraded part. Smooth, McCarthy Chevrolet; smooth.