Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   LS Edit tuning? (V6 specifically) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373746)

NewbieDIYer 08-18-2014 12:43 PM

LS Edit tuning? (V6 specifically)

So I found a place to get my tune. They said they use LS Edit for all their GM vehicles. I don't know anything about tuning, so I googled LS Edit and i came up with a bunch of corvette tuning forums. That's a good sign to me, if people tune their corvette with it, then I'd assume a camaro will be fine. But then I tried a camaro5 search, and found nothing on LS edit. I've seen countless IPF, dyno, HPTuners among others, but I haven't been able to find a shop around that tunes v6s. I know tune will void the warrantee anyways, but if I'm going to risk life without a warrantee, I want one that will actually be effective, and will provide good gains with all the mods I have done. So if anyone has been tuned with LS Edit I'd like to hear about it!
Thanks!

thahemp 08-18-2014 02:59 PM

Hah! LS Edit is last decade's software. I can't believe they still use that.

The_Blur 08-18-2014 03:08 PM

I've never heard of LS Edit, and I have significant doubts that it will even work on your application.

NewbieDIYer 08-18-2014 03:15 PM

Hm. Yea I specifically said that I had a camaro v6 2013. So they should know what ecu I have. And on the reviews I've read elsewhere they said they have tuned camaros before. Maybe those were SS's? I know we have different ECUs but do you think the SS would work with that? Maybe I need to contact them again and make sure.

KMPrenger 08-18-2014 03:16 PM

Since your car uses the Delphi ECU then you might be fine. If you had a 2010 or 2011 I'd say no way in heck they can tune it.

GretchenGotGrowl 08-18-2014 03:28 PM

I would try to find a shop that uses HP Tuners or EFILive.

The_Blur 08-18-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 7898525)
Since your car uses the Delphi ECU then you might be fine. If you had a 2010 or 2011 I'd say no way in heck they can tune it.

That's true. I know very little about the ECU. I do know that more mainstream performance trims tend to get tuning earlier than their counterparts; for instance, the 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged got tuning far before the 2006 Cobalt LS.

NewbieDIYer 08-18-2014 09:18 PM

@gretchen I've tried all the shops around here. They either have never tuned a camaro but told me they would love to dive into mine (yeah right.. Lol) or they don't tune v6s. This is the first shop I've gotten in contact with that tunes v6s and has actually done it before. I've even posted in the local threads, but they're dead.

thahemp 08-18-2014 10:57 PM

It's the first one because they're gonna use 15 year old software to tune your non-LS motor. Keep looking.

RubyCamaro 08-18-2014 11:00 PM

I got my HP tune done at DBR High Performance in Spring Hill, TN & I love it!

GretchenGotGrowl 08-19-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewbieDIYer (Post 7899491)
@gretchen I've tried all the shops around here. They either have never tuned a camaro but told me they would love to dive into mine (yeah right.. Lol) or they don't tune v6s. This is the first shop I've gotten in contact with that tunes v6s and has actually done it before. I've even posted in the local threads, but they're dead.

Where do you live? If we can't find a shop near by, you can try a email tune. I would be very leary of being the first (yeah, that came from me, lol) when you don't have to.

ZO6 Bryan 08-19-2014 08:58 PM

LS1 Edit was the first software that supported tuning the LS1 engines. Before that was LT1 Edit. Which was a first also. Same guys. I used LT1 Edit a lot for my older cars. They are still updating their software. It is not as pretty of a GUI but it can do the same things as HPTuners or EFI Live.

Here is their website.
http://www.carputing.com/

Keep in mind these guys were the 1st to crack the ECM codes for the flash type computers. So it's not like they don't know what they are doing. You should base your decision more on the skill of the tuner rather than what software they use. Some of the best tuners that have been at it the longest (like Ed Wright) can tune using Hex Editor software and don't need any third party software to put all the tables into pretty graphics.

thahemp 08-20-2014 07:45 AM

That may be right, but why in the hell would they want to? I can follow assembly language just fine, but I still write in C.

Slowhawk 08-20-2014 09:50 AM

Ya, LS1 edit is a dead concept. We used it back in the day and locked up a lot of computers. Slow downloads, crap table's and logging.