Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Security light wire location? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73443)

TRSS2 03-26-2010 11:09 PM

Security light wire location?

I am wanting to tap onto the security light wire, so I can use AAC's nite rider light bars as a security light, I just do not know where the wire is, I am hoping I can just tap on under the driver side near where I am tapping onto the dome light (which I found here, Thanks TonyNo, greatly appreciated). I tried searching and came up with this, but I did not see what I need. Any and all assistance is most definitely appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

SSTony 03-27-2010 10:31 AM

im looking for the same exact thing.

Tecca 03-27-2010 11:20 AM

How about tapping into the power lock

RedRyder 03-27-2010 12:54 PM

Yeah I wanted to do something like this too...perhaps reversing the polarity of an ignition source with a relay or something along those lines...:iono:

TRSS2 03-27-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teccboxx (Post 1642402)
How about tapping into the power lock

will that allow the nite rider light to work until I unlock the vehicle? If so where is that wire located?

TRSS2 03-27-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRyder (Post 1642624)
Yeah I wanted to do something like this too...perhaps reversing the polarity of an ignition source with a relay or something along those lines...:iono:

If that would work i am game, just need a bit of guidance on doing to (ex. where do i need to tap onto, if a relay is needed, and what not)

Tecca 03-27-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRSS2 (Post 1642685)
will that allow the nite rider light to work until I unlock the vehicle? If so where is that wire located?

I havn't tried it personally but that is the first I would check, it is the pink/black wire under the drivers console, above the gas pedal. The only problem I see with this is it will also turn it on while the ignition is on, so it might not work to plan, but I would want mine to be on while driving

SSTony 03-27-2010 02:03 PM

it has to be a wire that gives power when the alarm is on just like the light in the dash.

RedRyder 03-27-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTony (Post 1642789)
it has to be a wire that gives power when the alarm is on just like the light in the dash.

Right, I don't think the power lock wire will work because I'm fairly certain it is just a pulse signal. The ignition wire will work but it's not really a full solution because you want the light on when the car is armed not just when the ignition is off...

I quickly scoured through the wiring info but I didn't see anything that I would think would be on when the car is armed...but it has to be there! Maybe someone with a service manual can help us out?

TRSS2 03-27-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTony (Post 1642789)

Right, that is the one i really want!

TRSS2 03-27-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRyder (Post 1643234)
Right, I don't think the power lock wire will work because I'm fairly certain it is just a pulse signal. The ignition wire will work but it's not really a full solution because you want the light on when the car is armed not just when the ignition is off...

I quickly scoured through the wiring info but I didn't see anything that I would think would be on when the car is armed...but it has to be there! Maybe someone with a service manual can help us out?

That would be FANTASTIC!! Anyone got a service manual that would be so kind to share the wealth?!?:popcorn:

Wizzer 03-27-2010 10:16 PM

I am going to send one of the factory workers that made our cars a PM. I'll post up his response on this.

If he answers lol.

Wizzer

TRSS2 03-27-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzer (Post 1644183)
I am going to send one of the factory workers that made our cars a PM. I'll post up his response on this.

If he answers lol.

Wizzer

Most appreciated, thanks!!:thumbsup:

Wizzer 03-28-2010 11:17 AM

Well I got a fast answer but it was not what i was looking for.

Wizzer

Sorry that's not my dept . I don't deal with the wiring group.

----- I guess it was a long shot but I have a nice snap on tool that lets me poke the wire and see if it is hot. I am going to go out in the garage and check around. I feel this might be a challenge.

Wizzer