Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Loving the SGM, Wanting a 1LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241640)

Ir0nM4n 08-03-2012 11:15 PM

Loving the SGM, Wanting a 1LE

I have had my SGM for a year now and love the car. I have had allot of compliments over the year. One that stands out in my mind is about a gate guard. One day coming through the gate she said nice car. I of course trying not to sound conceded say thank you and drove through. About two weeks later as I was leaving she screamed a woot type of call at my car. That was startling, as it was quite loud. I love my SGM as much if not more than the gate guard. As I too scream woot inside each day I get to drive it.

Anyway this leads me to my quandary. A close friend of mine knows I have been looking for a SGM M6 V8 for some time. I found one and the time was just not right for that purchase. Then I found another one and waited till a Friday and that was gone. So I am thinking about the new 1LE's. I can afford one in about 6 months. My wife does not want me to get rid of my car. As she likes the green. She even told me that if the 1LE came in SGM, that I could buy it no problem.

Truth is I really love my SGM. To get rid of it even for a better car I will feel sick to my stomach. Anyone owning a car ever feel this way. Knowing they love the car they currently own. But wanting another car and deciding to trade in the one they love. Maybe I should get a white 1LE and save the money for a SGM paint job. I was on the verge of purchasing rims for my car. Now.... I am going to wait it out....

DARN YOU GM!!!! Why do your cars have to keep getting better....

Here is hoping that GM doesnt do this to me again in six months. lol....

jesserayjames 08-03-2012 11:19 PM

Yes, my friend Tony, same quandary................

ihaveacamaro 08-03-2012 11:24 PM

Nope my Eva is too special too me, even if mine is just a V6, I wouldn't even swap for a ZL1.

But when I can afford it, I'll buy a 6th gen as well if they look as striking as the 5th!

Ir0nM4n 08-03-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro (Post 5389988)
Nope my Eva is too special too me, even if mine is just a V6, I wouldn't even swap for a ZL1.

But when I can afford it, I'll buy a 6th gen as well if they look as striking as the 5th!

Yea, the special color cars are hard to let go. As far as the V6 it is way fast enough for me. Though thinking about the 1LE it could be quite fun.

Wife wants the SGM, so maybe... two Camaro's lol...

Ir0nM4n 08-03-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesserayjames (Post 5389964)
Yes, my friend Tony, same quandary................

If you remember, let me know what Tony decides.

ihaveacamaro 08-03-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINI HLK (Post 5390006)
Yea, the special color cars are hard to let go. As far as the V6 it is way fast enough for me. Though thinking about the 1LE it could be quite fun.

Wife wants the SGM, so maybe... two Camaro's lol...

save up for it? having to wait for something makes actually having it so much better!

jake2212 08-04-2012 12:40 AM

if you do end up finding a SGM V8 then GM said they will offer the 1le upgrade to existing SS's. problem solved.

Ir0nM4n 08-04-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake2212 (Post 5390210)
if you do end up finding a SGM V8 then GM said they will offer the 1le upgrade to existing SS's. problem solved.

:bow: :thumbsup: :respekt: Thank you.

freefallin2005 08-04-2012 07:52 AM

lol i just posted same exact thing on here. i have no clue as what to do

Butcher 08-04-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake2212 (Post 5390210)

Depending on what options you want, and how much you will have to pay for an SGM V8, it might be cheaper to buy a new 1LE. A "complete" 1LE upgrade won't be cheap. The suspension upgrades won't be too expensive, but that's just a small part of the 1LE's performance.

TooCool5 08-04-2012 10:17 AM

There is always going to be a better car, TV, phone etc.
Contentment comes from enjoying what you have.
My LS is everything I wanted in a car.

nyrfan 08-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

:w00t:

I'm not too optimistic about the 6th Gen, it's going to be hard to top this beauty!

samhardy2008 08-04-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

lol if i could do a even swap for a zl1 i would trade my 12 2ls in a heart beat...love my car v6 pretty car, quick interior is nice and ofcourse looks great but the i mean come on a zl1 or a v6 12 camaro :sm0:

samhardy2008 08-04-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINI HLK (Post 5389950)
I have had my SGM for a year now and love the car. I have had allot of compliments over the year. One that stands out in my mind is about a gate guard. One day coming through the gate she said nice car. I of course trying not to sound conceded say thank you and drove through. About two weeks later as I was leaving she screamed a woot type of call at my car. That was startling, as it was quite loud. I love my SGM as much if not more than the gate guard. As I too scream woot inside each day I get to drive it.

Anyway this leads me to my quandary. A close friend of mine knows I have been looking for a SGM M6 V8 for some time. I found one and the time was just not right for that purchase. Then I found another one and waited till a Friday and that was gone. So I am thinking about the new 1LE's. I can afford one in about 6 months. My wife does not want me to get rid of my car. As she likes the green. She even told me that if the 1LE came in SGM, that I could buy it no problem.

Truth is I really love my SGM. To get rid of it even for a better car I will feel sick to my stomach. Anyone owning a car ever feel this way. Knowing they love the car they currently own. But wanting another car and deciding to trade in the one they love. Maybe I should get a white 1LE and save the money for a SGM paint job. I was on the verge of purchasing rims for my car. Now.... I am going to wait it out....

DARN YOU GM!!!! Why do your cars have to keep getting better....

Here is hoping that GM doesnt do this to me again in six months. lol....

only vehicle ive had any emotional attachment to was my first vehicle and it wasnt anything special...if i was in the position for a 1le i would take it...but only if i could for sure afford it and it was the right financial move for me.....but im sure you know your finances better than me :)....someday when ill have the money for more car ill take the upgrade :thumbup: