Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Concern over ordering a 2010 Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11605)

Zatari 01-12-2009 08:38 AM

Concern over ordering a 2010 Camaro

I'm in the market for ordering a 2010 Camaro and I'm concerned that I have waited too long to actually order one. I hear throughout the forum as I have done quite a bit of reading of something called allocations. I'm not too sure if the dealer that is near me has any allocations left... it probably doesn't.

My main concern is how long I would be waiting to get my Camaro if I waited to order for a few months. I'm pretty keen on getting the 2SS/RS so I'm set on ordering it to get the specs I want. My one other question is whether ordering a Camaro would cost anything since we are a little more pressed for money at the moment.

I'm new to the forums, fairly obvious, this is my first post... so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Legend 01-12-2009 08:50 AM

You may not have waiting to long...it really depends on the dealer and their total allocations and where you sit as far as who is ahead of you.

The thread that has dealers charging MSRP is your best resource for finding a dealer near you that may have allocations (plus they seem to have at least the basic info on the car and shouldn't tell you things that aren't true).

As far as putting money down, that is dealer by dealer.

Finally...allocations are how the cars will be distributed. All dealers will get 2 V6 Camaros to start (late Apr/early May). Then they will receive a monthly allocation for Camaros...they do not know if they will get V6, or only V8 or a mix of both...GM controls it (all due to federal and state laws and GM follows that).

Delivery for cars is expected to be by Oct 09 for all preordered cars (with some exceptions...dealers over ordering, all SS models ordered by a dealer, etc).

Check out the dealer thread and make some calls...see where you stand.

Zatari 01-12-2009 09:17 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have to check out the MSRP thread and do as you said and make some calls around to see how long I would be waiting. Again, thanks. :)

IROCZJEFF 01-12-2009 09:25 AM

The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years. Buy a corvette today! By the time you are sick of the Corvette you should be able to buy a Camaro. I know I am going to catch some heat for this post but this is what I did and I am happy as hell with my Corvette. I will have a new Camaro down the road. Sick of waiting. Jeff

Mr. Wyndham 01-12-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF (Post 244315)
The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years.

No heat...just this: :rolleyes:

;)

GTAHVIT 01-12-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years. Buy a corvette today! By the time you are sick of the Corvette you should be able to buy a Camaro. I know I am going to catch some heat for this post but this is what I did and I am happy as hell with my Corvette. I will have a new Camaro down the road. Sick of waiting. Jeff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 244357)
No heat...just this: :rolleyes:

;)

And a little bit of this: :thumbdown: plus a bit of this: :sm3: oh and just a touch of this: :fighting0056:

Hee hee. Just kidding. :D

Rodrunner 01-12-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

The way things are going you may be lucky to see a new Camaro in a few years.

Yeah, if they don't just up and cancel the whole dang car!

:yikes:sorry....I couldn't resist :yikes:

StoutFiles 01-12-2009 02:17 PM

Who needs a Camaro..I got a slightly used car for only $3000!

http://www.stoutfiles.com/images/Poser.jpg